PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else on a PC having trouble logging in?

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-04-17, 10:13 PM
Using Firefox on Windows XP(!) here. Seems like the log in fields take me to a advertising page.

Oh, I got on this time by a round about way through the register field.

Mando Knight
2017-04-17, 10:28 PM
Check your computer for malware, and upgrade the OS to something that is still receiving security updates. If you can't afford or run Win7+, try a Linux distribution.

Fri
2017-04-18, 12:45 AM
That's almost certainly browser hijacker/malware. Run malwarebytes. Also I think my brother once had similar problem that persists even after checking, and after I checked it turned out the malware/hijacker redirected the desktop shortcut of his browser, not sure if relevant but might be worth checking as well.

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-04-18, 09:58 PM
Huh, Worked just fine tonight and I have not done anything to my old dog.

I have removed similar virus' from our work computers. They were a bit further reaching though so I'm thinking it is not me. Of my favorite boards, MarkVIII, Aurora, Gardenweb, Political, War At Sea Mini's, and the two astronomy forums this was the only one affected.

Never know though.

Emperor Demonking
2017-04-22, 04:20 PM
Huh, Worked just fine tonight and I have not done anything to my old dog.

I have removed similar virus' from our work computers. They were a bit further reaching though so I'm thinking it is not me. Of my favorite boards, MarkVIII, Aurora, Gardenweb, Political, War At Sea Mini's, and the two astronomy forums this was the only one affected.

Never know though.

I was getting this too, on bofth my laptop and tablet.

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-04-24, 11:44 PM
FWIW, It has been gone for me ever since. I really only log in on this old dog PC of mine and my phone.