PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Races

sammyp03
2017-04-18, 01:08 AM
In my homebrew setting, the Divine introduced magic (specifically shapshifting magic) to the primitive creatures of the world as a way to divide them from one another.

Each of the creatures tried to mimic the Divine beings. Each reaching various degrees of success. The only ones to do it perfectly became humans.

My question is, would it then make sense to have a few animal Races? Things like lizardfolk or catfolk?

2017-04-18, 01:10 AM
What does that communicate? How would those races contribute to your overall setting?

Whether or not you include them is based on how you answer those questions.

Trask
2017-04-18, 01:11 AM
Maybe. They could have just lost their way and instead of revering the divine and making themselves more like It, they worshipped animals and spirits and other things that are heathenistic to the humans. And as they worshipped their animal gods they took on their forms until they separated themselves from the divine entirely.

Camman1984
2017-04-18, 01:41 AM
there are many different divinities, the different races could just be mimicking a non-human deity.

your description of humans being the only race to mimic divinity perfectly does open up the path to a more gritty human supremacist society which is similar to a way i played a campaign a while back :)

Kane0
2017-04-18, 01:53 AM
Lots of gods to choose from, most of them don't look alike at all.

sammyp03
2017-04-18, 01:05 PM
there are many different divinities, the different races could just be mimicking a non-human deity.

your description of humans being the only race to mimic divinity perfectly does open up the path to a more gritty human supremacist society which is similar to a way i played a campaign a while back :)

Yeah humans have a "I'm better than everyone " attitude because they mimicked the Divine beings and because they restored the world when it was broken.

Thanks for the input

sammyp03
2017-04-18, 01:06 PM
Maybe. They could have just lost their way and instead of revering the divine and making themselves more like It, they worshipped animals and spirits and other things that are heathenistic to the humans. And as they worshipped their animal gods they took on their forms until they separated themselves from the divine entirely.

This is interesting. And gives me an idea thanks!