PDA

View Full Version : The Chosen Heroes IC

Pages : [1] 2

Irish Musician
2017-04-18, 10:37 AM
Sabra Lang II. That name is known in the lands quite well, even as far out as Sabra is now. Sabra has been travelling for some time now, looking for something. A cure for an illness that has plagued her family's lands recently. The clerics are trying to heal it as fast as they can, but it is spreading faster than they can cure it. It is critical that she find someone to help them, anyone really, so that what's left of her family, and her lands, are safe from harm once again in Dagain's Breach.

The land of Simil is a large continent in the west of the world of Iglesia. It has been colonized and there are a few different kingdoms within its borders, as well as some nomadic and stationary tribes, and towns and cities sprinkled across the countrysides. The main empires are, The Great Dwarven Empire, the Gadjabalawan Empire, and the Empire in the North. These are the main power-houses of Simil, and since the great Orc War, have lived together in relative friendship and Harmony.

Over on Travs, the lands south of Simil, there is another great dwarven empire, the Hammerhead Empire. The dwarves are far more war-like and battle-crazed then their northern brethren, and so the lands of Travs don't see much peace. In the east, there is the lands of The Allied, including the Bay of the Allied and the Wall of the Allied, which was built to help keep the dwarves out. There is said that there is a great, old White Dragon that lives on the top of the mountain, Grantlemen's Peak...supposedly named after him.

There is the Alteran Empire that connects to the Great Expanse, a basically uninhabitable land in which not much lives. Long, long ago the Alteran Empire built a wall separating it from the Great Expanse, as there are many, many monsters that have been dubbed "The Hordes" because of their number.

Sabra, as well as the rest of you, find yourself in a city south of the Great Dwarven Empire called Tully. Tully is used by the dwarves for trade, and is a great place to sell your wares, and is a very popular for mercenaries and adventurers to go to find work. Sabra has been working hard to find people to help her, and her fliers have caught your eye for one reason or another. For whatever reason, you have decided to meet with her at the given time, 1pm. You walk into the Prancing Pony Inn and see a sea of mercenaries and adventurers waiting around, mainly drinking and telling stories...with a few heated discussions here and there. In the far back corner, past the ebbing sea of people, you see a dark haired woman in golden armor with a shield emblazoned with a sun.

Ajadea
2017-04-18, 12:11 PM
Sabra blends poorly into the crowd of a dwarven bar - even from her quieter corner seat, she is instantly noticeable. It might be the armor. It might be the fact that she's barely touched her mug of ale. Or perhaps something in her posture betrays her noble upbringing. Her shield leans against the edge of the table, a signpost for any mercenaries she might have been able to attract. She doesn't, especially, have high hopes. But the Empire had refused to grant her assistance, and put her lands under quarantine. So she was forced to search elsewhere, wherever she could search, which had brought her to this rather smoky little bar.

The proprieter had graciously allowed her to tack a couple of her fliers to the walls of the tavern, and Sadira had helped her spread others around Tully. There was nothing else to do but hope someone of skill had seen it.

She watches the door, and waits.

Kio
2017-04-18, 02:19 PM
Kio had, of course, heard of the powerful bloodline of the Lang family. He had himself sung songs and weaved tales around the powerful and heroic bloodline of Dagain Lang (most of which were actually true!)

So it was such that when Kio was perusing one of the town's notice boards, the simple little sheet of parchment with no fanfare caught his eye. He leaned in close, then his eyes went wide. Sabra Lang? Here? So far from the Breach? It couldn't be! He had tugged the paper from the post and sprinted it to Cal-aghar, waving it wildly!

When the time came, Kio burst into the Prancing Pony with a flourish. Dreamy smoke curled around his feet (the result of a 'Minor Illusion' spell he'd just cast), giving his entrance more than a little bit of added drama. He entered with measured steps, scanning his surroundings for any signs of...

There she was. That shield, glinting brightly with light. The way she sat, holding herself in that noble way that betrayed her higher breeding. And most of all, the slight tingle that Kio got, running along his arm beneath his shirt... It told him that that her magic was indeed divine.

He wasted not a moment longer. He reached to his back, where the bone-cello Echo was slung. He placed it's shimmering point down gently on the wooden floor, and produced his bone-white bow.

"Sabra Lang II!" He announced with flair and pomp, drawing his bow across the shimmering strings (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IGJIyetHvw), and causing the illusiory smoke to billow and swirl around himself "I, am Kio Drumnir! Son of Takeo Drumnir!" Another dramatic beat in the music. He tapped his tail behind him, creating a subtle percussion for his performance. "and I shall answer your call for aid!" He launched full force into his music then, filling it with all the drama that he believed the occasion deserved.

When he had finished, he caused his illusion to fade; He slung his instrument over his shoulder once more, stepping forward and grinning a bright, toothy grin at Sabra "If you'll have me, of course, Lady Lang." He bowed low with a flourish.

Lioslaith
2017-04-18, 02:33 PM
Slipping quietly in behind all the pomp and circumstance that was Kio, Cal made his way quietly through the crowd. Sort of flowing like water through them, to stand near Sabra waiting for the performance to be over. Once Kio was done with the loud stuff he said quietly to Sabra, "Greetings Lady Lang, it has been a while since we last spoke."

Ramsus
2017-04-18, 04:22 PM
At the mention of Sabra's name, Allietta turns away from the barkeep who she had been frustrating by attempting to order fruity drinks none of which they had ever heard of. "Oh, Sabra is here!? I haven't seen you since I lost track of Sadira. Have you seen her around?"

((Note: It was almost certainly Allietta who wandered off and got lost presuming they didn't wind up getting split up during some fight/monsters sort of thing.))

Ajadea
2017-04-18, 05:13 PM
Sabra doesn't quite jump in her seat when the yellow-gold dragonborn all but kicks in the door yelling her name, but she does sit back rather suddenly. The spectacle drowns out Alletia's words. Sabra had been half tuning out the tiefling's alcohol-related chatter as it was. By the time the dragonborn - Kio - reaches her table, she has recomposed herself again entirely. As he begins to play, she murmurs a few words and taps her fingers on the table, then near her eyes, which flicker briefly with gold light.

Only when he finishes does she speak, with an accent that betrays her northern past. "Impressive music... Kio. And I see you bear a certain amount of magic as well. You do however, understand that I seek aid in eradicating a plague, not starting a traveling troupe, yes?" Her tone is light, but cutting, and not particularly impressed.

She turns away from Kio and nods at Cal-aghar. "Slayer Zaraun. I see I am not the only one far from home. It has been a long time - I'm surprised you remember at all." The last time they'd met, her parents had been alive. She'd been a rather naive teenager, and baby Deidara was just discovering the delights of crawling around and eating mud. Despite that, Slayer Zaraun didn't look like he'd changed a bit "Are you here to offer your assistance? The Breach is your home as much as mine."

Casting Detect Magic using a paladin spell slot, which remains up for 10 minutes. While Kio plays, Sabra uses actions to identify all the magic items he bears, as well as the magic surrounding him. I imagine this lets her pick out most of his potions, plus the illusion spell he has cast and whatever schools of magic imbue Echo.

Therumancer
2017-04-18, 05:24 PM
Sadira enters the tavern from exploring the town and hanging fliers, she's munching on some kind of smoked meat on a stick. She nods to Allietta as she enters and says " "I'm right here, I was just checking out the town and putting up more fliers"

When Kio makes his entrance she can't help but exclaim " Hiya Kio! " of all the people she had expected to answer the fliers he was not one of them. Sadira considers running up to give him a hug but decides it would ruin his entrance. She turns to Sabra and says quietly, "I've performed with Kio before, don't let the overblown entrance fool you, he's not only a bard but a powerful cleric. He'd make a formidable ally in trying to clear out this plague!"

Sadira says "Dwarven Ale is famous, and I need to try some before I leave, want to join me in a mug Allietta?"

Ramsus
2017-04-18, 07:17 PM
Allietta frowns at Sabra ignoring her and regards Sadira with confusion, replying, "But you can't fly or fit in mugs can you? You know a lot of people huh? Do you try to fit them all in cups?"

Lioslaith
2017-04-18, 08:24 PM
She turns away from Kio and nods at Cal-aghar. "Slayer Zaraun. I see I am not the only one far from home. It has been a long time - I'm surprised you remember at all." The last time they'd met, her parents had been alive. She'd been a rather naive teenager, and baby Deidara was just discovering the delights of crawling around and eating mud. Despite that, Slayer Zaraun didn't look like he'd changed a bit "Are you here to offer your assistance? The Breach is your home as much as mine."

Shaking his head as she speaks, "Ahh Lady Sabra, home has always been where I am at at any given moment. How could anyone forget you?" Before she can react to the compliment he continues on, "But if you are in need of assistance than I am here for you. I owe you that. I have had no communication from the Order for some time now. Not that they were overly talkative to begin with, especially to me." His expression darkens briefly but clears away quickly. He nods to a seat at her table, "May I?"

Therumancer
2017-04-18, 09:46 PM
Allietta frowns at Sabra ignoring her and regards Sadira with confusion, replying, "But you can't fly or fit in mugs can you? You know a lot of people huh? Do you try to fit them all in cups?"

"I like to try and make friends wherever I go so I know quite a few people. When I invited you to join me in a mug I meant would you like some ale. It's a figure of speech" Sadira will order two mugs of dwarven ale, and offer one to Allietta. "Dwarves are famous for their strong spirits. From what it sounds like your used to drinking this should be different" Sadira takes a gulp "Quite good for ale, some of the best I've had. I had best be careful though, Sabra will get cross if I get drunk so soon in the day"

Ramsus
2017-04-18, 10:58 PM
Allietta takes the ale and drinks and begins coughing and exclaims, "What kind of fruit is this made from!? It tastes like........dirt...fruit?.....is dirt fruit a thing? It's all..." Allietta makes visible mastication to indicate "chewyness" "in my mouth. Your surface drinks are weird! Hahahaha."

"So.... what shape does Sabra get if you get drunk late in the day?" she asks. As with many of her questions it's impossible to tell if this is a serious question or a joke. It doesn't much help that she's almost always smiling and her tail is lashing back and forth like a happy dog.

(Note: Not like whipping back and forth like excited dog, just moving this way and that like one that is more regularly happy.)

Zergrinch
2017-04-19, 08:02 AM
Zugg stands behind Lady Sabra, with meaty arms folded in front of his massive chest. He says nothing. After all, he was hired to be a bodyguard. His role was to do whatever she wanted -- break a few legs, scare off a few thieves, things like that. While a part of him chafed for being at someone's beck and call, it was an arrangement he voluntarily entered into. After all, the foe was not someone who can be smashed, and like it or not, the Goliath has a vested interest in stemming the spread of the plague. If only to ensure the safety of his clan.

He takes stock of the various puny beings who approached her. They are clearly inferior physical specimens and the Goliath snorts at their punyness, at least inwardly. The barbarian has seen enough to know that the frail-looking ones, especially those pesky spellcasters, have strength that belie their puny physique.

Not one for idle chit-chat, the Goliath continues to watch impassively over his dragonborn employer, sizing up the compatriots Lady Sabra is bound to saddle him with.

How puny is Cal? [roll0]
How puny is Kio? [roll1]
How puny is Allietta? [roll2]
How puny is Sadira? [roll3]

Irish Musician
2017-04-19, 08:34 AM
The potions you are aware of, and the magic he casts is easily identified as a minor illusion spell, fluff mostly. Other magic items on him you are able to see.....however the instrument kind of fights back. You can tell its magic, and that it is powerful, but it is almost as if the instrument is hiding something.

But that's silly, right? How can an object be hiding something....

Cal - Seems squishy, but might be stronger than letting on. might bite off more than can chew
Kio - Zugg thinks dragonborn doesn't live up to dragon name, could sit on and squish
Allietta - Great power lies with her, though not of muscle. could beat in close combat, not large open field
Sadira - good power, but no muscle again. could beat in close combat, not large open field

Zergrinch
2017-04-19, 08:39 AM
Zugg smiles inwardly, confident that Zugg is strongest there is. Physically. Zugg no understand magic stuffs.

Kio
2017-04-19, 11:53 AM
Only when he finishes does she speak, with an accent that betrays her northern past. "Impressive music... Kio. And I see you bear a certain amount of magic as well. You do however, understand that I seek aid in eradicating a plague, not starting a traveling troupe, yes?" Her tone is light, but cutting, and not particularly impressed.

Kio peeked up from his bow, still smiling. By that point she was already conversing with Cal, and Kio had already decided to accompany her. At the very least, if the Drow was going, so was Kio. They had developed an interesting kind of friendship, as their skills synergized well. Kio, the center of attention, and Cal, sliding about, unnoticed.

For a long moment, Kio let his gaze lift up to the Goliath standing there. The smile faded from Kio's face, if only for a few seconds. He and the Goliath made eye contact, and Kio got the sense he was being sized up. Gosh he was huge... and the confident look on his face said "I could squash you with my little finger."

Kio gulped.

After that long moment, he heard someone ordering ale at the bar and zipped over in that direction, landing in the seat beside Sadria and Allietta. "Sadriaaaa! It's been too long!" he beamed at her, then gave her a mischievous look "Sadria, you promised that the next time we met, you would teach me how to do that trick with the cards!" He rifled through his pack, and pulled out a finely painted deck, "I spent nine silver on this, just for the occasion! I'll bet you thought I wouldn't remember"

He placed the deck on the bar top, then grinned at Allietta "Hello there! Are you friends with Sadria as well? Has she shown you the card trick?"

Ramsus
2017-04-19, 01:24 PM
"Yes! Noooooooooo?" Allietta responds to Kio, the later part mostly facing Sadria with an expression that says, "Why haven't you shown me 'the card trick' yet? That sounds interesting!"

Therumancer
2017-04-19, 07:14 PM
Kio peeked up from his bow, still smiling. By that point she was already conversing with Cal, and Kio had already decided to accompany her. At the very least, if the Drow was going, so was Kio. They had developed an interesting kind of friendship, as their skills synergized well. Kio, the center of attention, and Cal, sliding about, unnoticed.

For a long moment, Kio let his gaze lift up to the Goliath standing there. The smile faded from Kio's face, if only for a few seconds. He and the Goliath made eye contact, and Kio got the sense he was being sized up. Gosh he was huge... and the confident look on his face said "I could squash you with my little finger."

Kio gulped.

After that long moment, he heard someone ordering ale at the bar and zipped over in that direction, landing in the seat beside Sadria and Allietta. "Sadriaaaa! It's been too long!" he beamed at her, then gave her a mischievous look "Sadria, you promised that the next time we met, you would teach me how to do that trick with the cards!" He rifled through his pack, and pulled out a finely painted deck, "I spent nine silver on this, just for the occasion! I'll bet you thought I wouldn't remember"

He placed the deck on the bar top, then grinned at Allietta "Hello there! Are you friends with Sadria as well? Has she shown you the card trick?"

[roll0]

Sadira smiles and says "Of course" it's not her best performance but she shuffles the deck like a pro (her fingers feeling for any trick cards). She throws a couple of cards like boomerangs so they return to the deck, and then does the "pick a card" thing on Allietta a few times and "guesses" her card correctly each time. Then she shows Kio "The" trick and whispers the solution in his ear.

Sadira figures Allietta isn't much for card tricks but says to her "I hope that entertained you the point is that I'm doing it without magic, I could easily fake it with illusions and real magic but I'm not" before turning back to Kio "I don't suppose you've learned any new ones in your travels you'd care to share?"

Sadira has gotten used to the gaze of Zugg by this point. Yes, she is puny in physical combat.

Ramsus
2017-04-19, 07:56 PM
Allietta claps at the tricks and has a good time and resist the urge to show off herself and shoot the cards why they fly through the air because she's pretty sure people would be upset about her suddenly firing arrows in the bar. Especially after the reaction the last time she did so. And the time before that. And also the time before that.

Ajadea
2017-04-19, 08:00 PM
Shaking his head as she speaks, "Ahh Lady Sabra, home has always been where I am at at any given moment. How could anyone forget you?" Before she can react to the compliment he continues on, "But if you are in need of assistance than I am here for you. I owe you that. I have had no communication from the Order for some time now. Not that they were overly talkative to begin with, especially to me." His expression darkens briefly but clears away quickly. He nods to a seat at her table, "May I?"

The compliment doesn't seem to grab Sabra's attention. "Of course you may," Sabra replies. She gestures towards the towering goliath behind her. "This is Zugg. He has been accompanying me for the last couple months. Zugg, Slayer Zaraun will be traveling with us."

She looks back over towards Kio, only to see the dragonborn has zipped off towards the bar with Sadira. She sighs, predicting a headache in her future. "Sadira is another person I've been traveling with," she explains to the slayer. "She's rather more... gregarious, than I am. If what she says is true, a trained cleric would be of great value to dealing with the plague. Most are unwilling to travel as far as the Empire in the North. But I can hardly help but hope there are others that have taken notice." She shakes her head. "That one is very excitable."

Lioslaith
2017-04-19, 08:12 PM
The compliment doesn't seem to grab Sabra's attention. "Of course you may," Sabra replies. She gestures towards the towering goliath behind her. "This is Zugg. He has been accompanying me for the last couple months. Zugg, Slayer Zaraun will be traveling with us."

She looks back over towards Kio, only to see the dragonborn has zipped off towards the bar with Sadira. She sighs, predicting a headache in her future. "Sadira is another person I've been traveling with," she explains to the slayer. "She's rather more... gregarious, than I am. If what she says is true, a trained cleric would be of great value to dealing with the plague. Most are unwilling to travel as far as the Empire in the North. But I can hardly help but hope there are others that have taken notice." She shakes her head. "That one is very excitable."

He nods and nearly bows as he takes the seat, "Please M'lady, call me Cal. Those no longer with the Order generally don't carry the title." Appraising the goliath as Sabra introduces him he realizes he is also being appraised, Big, muscles, likely slower than I am, hamstrings easily reachable, drop him to his knees, slit throat... He shakes off the Hunter, No, this will be an ally. "Hello Zugg, well met."

"She speaks true, Kio is more than he lets on. If I am to go then he will as well." Looking over the group quickly then turning his attention to the room to see who was watching them, Well who wouldnt be with this group assembled, he thought.

[roll0]

Zergrinch
2017-04-19, 09:27 PM
Zugg extends a meaty paw towards the slayer.

"Me Zugg. Goliath Clan Gathakanathi. Barbaric Fighter. You?"

Strength/Athletics: [roll0] on grip.

Kio
2017-04-19, 11:15 PM
Kio smiled and enjoyed the trick. He clapped along with Allietta, praising Sadria for the trick. Of course, he leaned in eagerly to hear the secret as she whispered it to him. He nodded, obviously taking serious mental notes as she relayed these Solemn secrets to him. He would definitely have to practice that one...

[roll0]
At the mention of his own trick, Kio nods, and waves to the bartender, asking for three simple wooden cups. He produces from his pack three small balls made of smoothed bone, and launches into a rendition of the classic 'Cup and Ball' act. In the end of the act he "changes" the three balls into a pouch full of copper pieces, and happily pays for the ales. He bows cheerfully to his "fans," then laughs.

"Say, I don't think we've been properly introduced. I'm Kio!" he smiles, extending a hand to Allietta, "What's your name?"

Ramsus
2017-04-20, 01:37 AM
Allietta clearly quite enjoys the second routine too. When the hand is offered, instead of shaking it, she clasps her hand around Kio's arm. "I am Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer! It's nice to meet you Kio of I still don't get if you just weren't outside when born or maybe you're all statues come to life in some non-season time or however Surface names work." she replies. The way she introduces herself it's said like you're supposed to recognize her by her name going by her body language and her tone.

(Everything after "Kio of" is said like it's "supposed" to be part of his name, but I didn't feel like doing that hard to read thing where you remove all the spaces.))

Kio
2017-04-20, 03:58 AM
"I am Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer! It's nice to meet you Kio of I still don't get if you just weren't outside when born or maybe you're all statues come to life in some non-season time or however Surface names work." she replies.

Kio was surprised to have his arm grabbed, and even more surprised at how she filled-in his name. He paused a moment, flustered, getting a better look at the curious girl.
You are a curious one, aren't you? You say the word 'surface' as though you're not from it... Kio wasn't entirely sure what this meant. All he knew was that she had grabbed the arm that had been marked with the symbol of Bahamut, and as she did so he had gotten the faintest tingle in his spine. Perhaps it was the infernal tinge in her tling blood? Or perhaps something else...

In a flash, he was composed again. He grabbed her arm in the same way she had grabbed his and flashed her a winning smile "A pleasure to meet you, Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer! My last name is actually pronounced 'Drum-nir,' as in: Being very near to a drum, you see? Hehe. However, from what I understand the two of us are going to be friends, and as such, should do away with formalities! You may call me simply Kio, and I shall call you... ummmm" He puzzled a moment, then lit up "Alli! May I call you Alli?"

Ramsus
2017-04-20, 05:02 AM
"You already did, so I guess you can!" Allietta replies with a laugh. "Uhm... but what season is Drum? Are the seasons musical here? That doesn't sound right.....?" she asks Sadira.

Lioslaith
2017-04-20, 06:01 AM
Zugg extends a meaty paw towards the slayer.

"Me Zugg. Goliath Clan Gathakanathi. Barbaric Fighter. You?"

Strength/Athletics: [roll0] on grip.

Cal had seen this little game many times before within his long lifetime. The Hunter screamed not to do it but Cal suppressed him, Hush, if he crushes my hand I will need you to mask the pain, not even the score. Smiling up at the mountain of muscle Cal reached out his hand and clasped the barbarians. "Cal-aghar Zaraun, former....member... of the Order of the Slayer. A friend to the Lady Lang."

[roll0]

Hunh, howbow dah!

Irish Musician
2017-04-20, 09:54 AM
The bar buzzes with talk, stories, yelling, some fist fighting, and even some slurred, drunken singing. As the group converses, and after the talk-stopping showy entrance of the dragonborn, the bar goes back to normal. Though, the eyes of the other patrons seem to hang on every a little more now.

The Slayer and the Goliath seem to be get a gripping start with one another, each testing the waters with the Goliath a bit surprised that the Slayer seems to be keeping up with his grip. Some of the bar patrons watch the tricks, buying drinks for the magicians and flipping coins to them. All-in-all the night seems to be going quite well for the bar. The drink is flowing freely and the fights are small and short. Just what a bar owner loves.

As you scan the room, you don't notice anyone staring overly much, or acting suspicious. It seems to be a relatively benign and docile group. You know.....for adventurers.

Therumancer
2017-04-20, 10:05 AM
"You already did, so I guess you can!" Allietta replies with a laugh. "Uhm... but what season is Drum? Are the seasons musical here? That doesn't sound right.....?" she asks Sadira.

"He's trying to make a pun, his name is pronounced as if he's near to a drum. That's not a direct translation of the name." Sadira nods to Kio "We need to keep the fine art of punnery to a minimum until Allietta adjusts a bit more. She's from as far away as I am but from another direction" Sadira points upwards "Hard to believe but true, there seem to be even more out of context problems than there were with me. Makes me wish I could fly I so I could check it out as far up as she seems to be talking about" Sadira thoughtfully sips more of her Ale.

Zergrinch
2017-04-20, 10:57 AM
In broken common, the Goliath assures Cal that he is pleased to make his acquaintance. Zugg is quite impressed with the Slayer's hidden strength. But, his stoic demeanor betrays none of the surprise, save for a slight dilation of his pupils and a raising of his eyebrows.

The Goliath broke off the handshake with a newfound amazement of the man's abilities, and a tug of disappointment at his lack of physical superiority. Maybe Zugg soft because long time no smash, he muses to himself.

Ramsus
2017-04-20, 12:43 PM
Allietta makes an "Oh." of understanding Sadira's explanation and then shakes her head sadly and says, "It's too far up to fly with wings or any spell I know of. Otherwise I'd have gone back to tell everyone back home that people really do live down here."
She pauses for a moment, being slightly homesick for a moment before exclaiming, "Hey, I knew you couldn't fly! Why were you talking about flying earlier?"

Lioslaith
2017-04-20, 01:39 PM
Cal sits back down from his grip test with the goliath, grateful he was able to keep up. He noted the eye flicker but made no mention of it, he knew full well this man was way stronger than he.

"So, M'lady, how many more are you hoping to attract to fill this...menagerie... you've already assembled?"

None in the crowd seemed unhealthily interested in them as of yet.

Kio
2017-04-21, 12:38 AM
Kio looked back and forth between Allietta and Sadria. "Wh-... What? Up? In the sky?" it took him a minute to grasp what they were telling him. He didn't really quite believe it, but they seemed so sure! After a while, Kio walked back to the table where Sabra, Zugg and Cal were. He seated himself with them and glanced around at the rowdy Inn.
"Lady Lang, do you intend to stay the night here at the Prancing Pony?"

Lioslaith
2017-04-21, 08:01 AM
Cal sat back and relaxed into the room. His drow heritage on display, not hidden deep in a cloak like most of his surface brethren. He had been on the surface long enough to have gotten used to the light. His leather coat hung loosely on him, long enough to be brushing the floor as he sat. He had set his pack and bow near the table with Sabra's shield and no other weapons were visible on him. Everything was shades of, well, dark. Shades of dark was the only way to describe it. His white hair and striking blue eyes tended to stick out.

Kio had seen Cal adopt this posture many times before, if someone thought he was relaxed and off balance they'd be gravely mistaken. He continued to watch the room, catching a serving girls attention and ordering a honeyed mead.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-baB8VgrHt0U/UucS7_vv0EI/AAAAAAAAPIA/SglJ94EEcYg/s1600/drow.jpg

Therumancer
2017-04-21, 06:38 PM
Sadira responds to Allietta "No, I'm afraid I can't fly under my own power. I don't have strong enough magic for that yet. I can't recall when I might have mentioning flying, perhaps it was another figure of speech." she watches Kio get up and says "I should probably talk to Sabra, we've been recruiting for a while and it seems this is the best we're going to do" Sadira quaffs what's left of her ale and approaches Sabra's table where she says quietly "I think we've found everyone we're going to get. We've been at this recruitment for a while, we might want to think about making preparations to head out." Sadira realizes that the group probably seems a bit odd to Sabra, and doesn't want her to get caught up waiting for some picture-perfect 'hero of the tales' to come walking in. Especially seeing as we were recruiting for what amounts to a suicide run, not that she wants to call it one out loud given Sabra's heavy emotional investment.

OOC-> Sorry if I missed a conversation bit, I read back through messages and couldn't find anything misunderstood or not.

Ajadea
2017-04-21, 07:55 PM
Sabra shrugs at Cal's affirmation of Kio. "If you say so." She does not look especially convinced. "I was hoping to attract whatever help I could, honestly. Another healer? I would not want to overtax the dragonborn. Skilled as he may be, he is but one man, and the efforts of many more than that have fallen short."

The dragonborn himself approaches, so Sabra turns with a polite smile that doesn't entirely conceal a spot of annoyance. She didn't actually recall formally accepting his offer. "Your friends speak well of you, Kio Drumnir. If you wish to accompany us, I will not turn you aside. We have stayed here for a few days, and will likely remain another night. It hardly makes sense to leave in the middle of the afternoon, after so much daylight wasted." she replies, with the last directed rather more towards Sadira than Kio. "In the morning, we depart towards Fent. Travel by ship will be the fastest way to return to Dagain's Breach."

Ramsus
2017-04-21, 10:41 PM
"Oooh! Do we have a ship now!? They're fun! Well when they're not the bad kind." Allietta exclaims, overhearing this as she too comes over and basically makes the little spot where everyone is gathered crowded.

Kio
2017-04-22, 02:55 AM
Kio beams a bright, toothy smile at the mention of his friends, which fades to a more reasonable expression as she continues speaking.

"Thank you Lady Lang. My father told me such stories of the Lang family and Dagain's Breach. I am honored to have this chance to assist you, in any way I can."

The truth was, as soon as he had seen the parchment with her name, he had known that he was going to try to follow her. He could not in good conscience turn away from this mission. However, it still meant the world to him for her to actually speak the words, and accept him as a true ally (even reluctantly)

Kio glanced about at the group sitting (and standing) around the little table. So, these were to be his allies in the coming days? He sent a silent prayer to Bahamut right then and there asking his blessing over the ragtag group, and promising to do his utmost to keep them safe from the dangers that were sure to come.

Lioslaith
2017-04-22, 05:03 AM
"Oooh! Do we have a ship now!? They're fun! Well when they're not the bad kind." Allietta exclaims, overhearing this as she too comes over and basically makes the little spot where everyone is gathered crowded.

Cal watches Allietta intently as she comes to the table and asserts herself into the group. Looking from her to Sabra he finally has to speak, "You are hiring children now, M'lady? I had first thought her merely enthusiastic much like Kio, but that is youth..." His gaze lingers on Sabra for several moments awaiting her answer. She'll get them killed, all of them! the Hunter screamed in his head.

Ramsus
2017-04-22, 12:29 PM
"No, I'm Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer." Allietta says, once again in a manner that makes it seem like she's expecting name recognition. After a pause she grins and says, "But thank you for the compliment." Clearly amused that she just played with the expectation of her companions that she'd misunderstand basically everything.

Lioslaith
2017-04-22, 01:11 PM
Cal shakes his head at the tieflings response, "Indeed you are, Lotha Uss, but The Hunter may be right about you." Excusing himself from the table he gets up, dropping a gold coin for his drink. "I will return here in the morning, M'Lady. If you will have me."

Ajadea
2017-04-22, 01:15 PM
Cal watches Allietta intently as she comes to the table and asserts herself into the group. Looking from her to Sabra he finally has to speak, "You are hiring children now, M'lady? I had first thought her merely enthusiastic much like Kio, but that is youth..." His gaze lingers on Sabra for several moments awaiting her answer. She'll get them killed, all of them! the Hunter screamed in his head.

''Another of Sadira's friends. As I understand it, she is stranded far from home," Sabra says. She rests her head on one hand, feeling the beginnings of a headache coming on. "I have hired neither of them, strictly speaking. Sadira chose to accompany me of her own volition. Alletia, we don't have a ship yet. We'll have to charter one when we arrive in Fent."

Ramsus
2017-04-22, 09:01 PM
Allietta watches Cal go in confusion. She turns back to the others and says, "That guy sure says some weird stuff."

At Sabra's response she sighs and says, "That's disappointing." Then gets closer and makes direct eye contact with Sabra and says, "I am disappointed. We need to get our own ship some day when we can. I'm sure it will be lots of fun."

Irish Musician
2017-04-25, 11:16 AM
After the introductions and meetings go on for a bit, and no other bites come from any other adventurers, the pub starts to crawl to a close. Most patrons have left, and there are a few of the town drunks left or adventurers that have passed out on the bar or at a table. You all leave and go to where ever it is you are staying, some at the Prancing Pony, other elsewhere in the town or outlying forest.

You get up and do your daily, morning rituals, whatever they may be. You slowly, or quickly, get back to the Inn at the Prancing Pony. Allietta is there, waiting with the large goliath behind her, making sure no one starts anything. Not that it looks like anyone is going to, the only awake people in the pub are you all and the staff. There are a few drunks still passed out at tables and on the floor, but you do smell some breakfast food cooking in the kitchen. The server bring you breakfast, if you decide to order it.

The day is early, and you have a long way to travel.

If you'd like to do anything before you leave, now is the time. I'll throw another post up later moving the game along, giving you all time to post if you'd like to. If you haven't posted by then, you can always make a spoiler in your post saying what you did before getting on the road.

Lioslaith
2017-04-25, 11:51 AM
Cal arrives early as well, outfitted for travelling light and fast. Nodding in an almost bow to the Lady Lang, "Good morning M'lady and well met Zugg, Lotha Uss (the latter towards Allietta). I realized on my way here we never confirmed if you wished my accompaniment on this venture or not."

Ramsus
2017-04-25, 12:54 PM
Allietta looks up from her breakfast* at Cal's entrance. Allietta gives Cal a nod at the greeting and wonders why he keeps calling her that strange thing that isn't her name. Having had that thought, she then remembers her food and goes back to eating.

*Sausage, eggs, bread, two different kinds of fruit (I'm not sure what would be local), and milk.

Kio
2017-04-25, 02:41 PM
Kio walks inside trailing Cal. His bard's garb is prim and clean, and the leather armor he wears blends subtly with the uniform. Everything is sleek and close, nothing dangling or clanking. Even the showy shoulder-cape (Which seems more for fashion than function) seems trim and clean, and the rapier on Kio's belt hugs him crisply rather than dangling loose. The weapon Echo is completely covered in white cloth and tied neatly to Kio's back beneath his backpack. On top of Kio's head rests a hat adorned with a single poofy white feather.

That morning, Kio had risen early and meditated, praying to Bahamut and preparing his spells for the day. He'd looked over his sheet music for a minute before packing up for the journey, strapping on his gear, and catching up with Cal on his way out.

Before heading off to bed, Kio casts "Mass Healing Word" "Phantasmal Force" and "Dissonant Whispers" Into Echo
*Edit: Echo can only carry Bard Spells :3
Kio grins at everyone present. He seats himself beside Allietta "Good morning Alli! What have you got to eat there?" He leans over it and takes in a deep breath "Mmmmmm~~ It smells lovely!" He called for his own meal from the servers, who promptly brought it. "How did you sleep?" He asks before digging in.

Ramsus
2017-04-25, 04:00 PM
"Good stuff!" Allietta replies to the first question. To the second she says, "Oh. The normal way. By closing my eyes and lying down." There is absolutely at least a little bit of sassing in that reply as her slightly crooked smile confirms.

Kio
2017-04-25, 04:09 PM
"Oh. The normal way. By closing my eyes and lying down." There is absolutely at least a little bit of sassing in that reply as her slightly crooked smile confirms.

"Oh really?" Kio says through a mouthful of food, feigning shock "What a coincidence! I did it that way too! We're two peas in a pod, you and I~" He teased, munching away.

Ajadea
2017-04-25, 05:45 PM
Sabra wakes early, but takes the time to pray before she descends to meet with the others. She kneels, facing the east, and asks Pelor silently to look upon her followers and family with kindness, and guide her to the end of her journey. The ritual of prayer soothes her.

By the time Sabra walks downstairs and calls for her meal, most of the group is there already. She looks softer and more approachable than she did yesterday, in practical traveling clothes instead of polished plate. Only her demeanor and the signet ring she wears betray her bloodline.

"Your company would of course be welcome. Cal." She still wants to default to titles, but he seemed to have shed his a long time ago.

Zergrinch
2017-04-25, 07:17 PM
After sleeping and eating, Zugg readies himself to depart. The warrior Goliath is not much for socializing, only giving the not-so-puny one a curt nod after he greets Zugg. Zugg smash, not indulge in idle chitchat!

Therumancer
2017-04-25, 10:25 PM
Sadira shows up a bit later than expected for breakfast, coming from the direction of the stables where she was obviously tending her horse. She greets everyone with a friendly "Hello". She wears functional studded leather armor under exotic yellow travelling silks which catch the breeze. Both of her snakes are twined about her (a smaller one about her arm, and a longer one coiled about her shoulders and torso. They seem to sinuously slither to match her movements almost as they were simply another piece of clothing. Sadira is armed with an ornate rapier, that by rights should be gaudy as all heck but somehow still manages to look deadly and functional, and a pair of daggers (one at her waist and one in her boot). A battered, hooded, lantern is attached to her belt, and she has a light leather pack that can be easily thrown over her shoulder.

She has a light breakfast of milk and fruit, and orders a hand keg of dwarven ale to bring with her for the trip since she can pack it on her horse, along with some bread and cheese to make lunch from later in the day's travels.

Noticing everyone is either quiet or involved in their own conversations Sadira chats with her snakes (beast speech) to calm them for the coming journey. Those who know Sadira are doubtlessly quite aware that she can talk to animals and that her snakes names are Crusher (the big one) and Precious (the small one), her Warhorse is called Stormcloud, Stormcloud is doubtlessly being prepped for departure as she eats.

Sadira is purchasing 1 gallon of ale, a load of bread, and some cheese (3 silver pieces, 2cps total) outside of her lifestyle costs which I assume had been covering food and lodging so far that gives her some ale to chug on later and a day's worth of perishable food to eat so she won't have to go into her more expensive trail rations as quickly.

Irish Musician
2017-04-27, 10:07 AM
You finish getting your morning prepared, and set off for travel soon after. You leave the city, guards at the entrance watching you as you leave to make sure that you don't make any trouble as you do leave. Damned adventurers....

The journey to Fent is a longer one, nearing on 10 days if conditions are right and you don't run into any goblins or other various creatures. You all quickly get your rhythms synced with one another and the travel starts to go much smoother. The first few days pass fairly uneventfully and quickly, as the group keeps a good travel pace and makes excellent time, starting your forth day almost a day a head of schedule, by Allietta's calculations. The weather is nice, a bit warm in the day but feels wonderful if you are in the shade. The night are just barely chilly and brisk, but the fire and your bedrolls keep you more than warm enough.

When the sun peaks above your head on the fourth day, to the south-west you see great billows of smoke rising up from the earth into the sky.

You can tell that this type of smoke definitely means fire, a fairly large one.

Kio
2017-04-27, 11:58 AM
[roll0]
Kio keeps pace with the group, unpacking Echo and playing a gentle song every night around the campfire to help the group rest. Though they were traveling through territory that was relatively safe, he still kept his songs light and quiet. No need to draw more attention than necessary. In the mornings, Kio rose before the sun, praying to Bahamut in the cool twilight. Then he would play another soft song on Echo as the group awoke, granting them a tiny, subtle magic that lifted their spirits, and took the soreness of travel from their muscles before they set out once more.

Today, as Kio is getting into the rhythm of the hike, he absently hums the beginnings of a new tune he is trying to compose. The first line of it had occurred to him while he was praying that morning, and he had been slowly developing the idea into more of a song in his head. The twittering of a bird catches his attention, and he lookes up to try and spot it... He gives a start as he notices the billowing smoke ahead. It takes him a long moment to connect the dots, but realization rolls over him, and he whispers... "A... A fire..."

He glances around to see if anyone else has noticed it too.

Lioslaith
2017-04-27, 12:28 PM
Passive makes the cut.

Cal nods as Kio's gaze slides past him. "It's a big one too, not sure we can affect it but we should probably go take a look."

Ramsus
2017-04-27, 01:40 PM
[roll0]

Edit: When asked for a Perception check like that are we allowed to just use our passive?

When Kio plays music, Allietta will attempt to join in with her Lyre if he'll allow. If not, or if it seems like they'd need more work to play something together that didn't clash, she'll play a few times on her own when Kio isn't.

When the smoke is pointed out Allietta says, "Huh. I'll fly up higher to see if I can see what's going on." And having said so, she immediately does. Whoosh!

Zergrinch
2017-04-27, 06:16 PM
Perception: [roll0]

Zugg sees everything perfectly, and detects the 🔥 even before the the others point it out. However, Zugg was hired to protect Lady Sabra. Playing firefighter is not part of his job description. And at any rate, a fire is not something Zugg can smash with his muscles.

So, Zugg merely looks at the lady with a quizzical look. WHAT WE DO?

Therumancer
2017-04-27, 07:06 PM
[roll0] ... I'll bet I wish I had that nat 20 later

Noted on the journey's length. Sadira has 10 days rations plus the lunch she packed so should be left with 1 days rations when we arrive at Fent

Sadira is moving along at a slow trot on Stormcloud singing along with Kio's music as the group travels when she notices the fire " We should investigate and see what we can do. Left on it's own it could spread and inflict a lot of destruction to the area, and that's assuming it's not a bunch of raiders trying to sack a farm or something like that, in which case we should see if we can provide a rescue" She begins to add " "We should be careful and approach as a group in case it is raiders or something" when Allietta takes off causing Sadira to let out a concerned sigh before realizing Alietta is just gaining height and not flying directly off towards the fire.

Therumancer
2017-04-27, 07:22 PM
Passive makes the cut.

Cal nods as Kio's gaze slides past him. "It's a big one too, not sure we can affect it but we should probably go take a look."

"Well I can mold earth which allows me to move the ground around to an extent, I could use that to cover a fire in dirt and sand and stop it that way, a big fire could take me a little while especially if it's spreading. I recommend proceeding with caution in case the fire was set intentionally and whoever did it is still around. Perhaps I'm being a bit morbid but I'm half expecting to find some Goblins or Raiders terrorizing a farm or something"

Ajadea
2017-04-28, 06:42 PM
Sabra has advantage on Perception due to her Sentinel Shield. Result: 19. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?521058-The-Chosen-Heroes-OOC&p=21962651#post21962651)

As the party gathers to leave, Sabra casts a spell in the stable. Mist condenses in the air around her, forming a pale-golden mare with a white mane. "Welcome back, girl," she says, in soft, lyrical, Celestial. In her head, a haughty voice replies. "Time to go? Good."

Sabra pulls up short when she sees the smoke, frowning at the horizon. "If you have something you can do, Sadira, we should intervene."

Therumancer
2017-04-29, 02:03 AM
Sabra has advantage on Perception due to her Sentinel Shield. Result: 19. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?521058-The-Chosen-Heroes-OOC&p=21962651#post21962651)

As the party gathers to leave, Sabra casts a spell in the stable. Mist condenses in the air around her, forming a pale-golden mare with a white mane. "Welcome back, girl," she says, in soft, lyrical, Celestial. In her head, a haughty voice replies. "Time to go? Good."

Sabra pulls up short when she sees the smoke, frowning at the horizon. "If you have something you can do, Sadira, we should intervene."

Sadira nods "We should wait and see if Allietta spots anything from up high though. I should be able to handle a fire, but we need to be cautious in case there is someone around there that set the fire."

Kio
2017-05-02, 11:48 AM
When Allietta flew back down and told the group about the fiery glow, Kio tilted his head, thoughtful. "Well, lets get closer. We are equipped to help in one way or another, so we should try. If we let that fire go un-checked it could consume the whole forest, and a few towns along with it." He tugged the reigns of his horse and urged it towards the smoke, though it seemed reluctant. He tried not to let it show, but Kio was desperate to get closer, the memory of his own hometown burning to ash tugging at the strings of his heart. He couldn't bear the thought that there might be another town like his own at the heart of the fire.

Lioslaith
2017-05-02, 12:03 PM
Cal maneuvered his horse nearly in front of Kio's slowing the Dragonborns advance, "Slowly, Lotha Maelthra, slowly. We need to better know what it is we are riding into. If it is natural and people need help we can rush then."

Kio is probably taken by surprise at Cal showing concern for him, even if it is a little backhanded.

Ramsus
2017-05-02, 12:07 PM
"I'll go back up so we can spot any danger quicker. But if it's attack by monsters, we probably want to get there before everyone is eaten than after." Allietta says, flying back up and this time drawing her bow.

Zergrinch
2017-05-02, 12:14 PM
Fire is not really a physical opponent Zugg can smash, so the goliath crosses his massive hands and just waits for the human kite to return.

Kio
2017-05-02, 12:28 PM
Kio is taken aback as Cal stops him. He pauses, frozen momentarily by the Drow's Concern... then those tugs on his heart strings again "Well... Well.. Right! Then we should tie our horses here and approach on foot. We've seen all we can from this distance, Cal, you must agree that much. Alli is right; too much planning, and the fire will have already had its way by the time we arrive." Honestly, Kio was glad for the excuse to hop off the horse anyway. he was getting dizzy from the constant motion. He turned in the saddle and slid down off the horse, before tugging the reigns, guiding the animal off the path and to a nearby tree to tie it's leads. It seems almost relieved.
Kio steps back onto the path, "With caution, then... But let us go!""

Lioslaith
2017-05-02, 12:40 PM
Cal shakes his head at Kio, "The demon child said the fire was a long way from here. Be it monsters attacking or an army we will likely not reach it in time to stop the assault. I was merely suggesting we let the flyer get above and ahead of us to tell us who or what it is. And to not charge headlong into a fight or horde." After a pause and seeing the concern on Kio's face he adds. "But yes, we should go if the Lady Lang is so inclined."

Ajadea
2017-05-02, 03:47 PM
"The horses can stand to get a little closer," Sabra says, patting the neck of her own summoned steed. "We'll want to be able to get away quickly if it flares. Mount up," she tells Kio.

She touches her heels lightly to the side of her horse and they begin off towards the fire at a respectable speed.

Therumancer
2017-05-02, 05:50 PM
Sadira sits on her horse listening I don't know what's over there, but I should at least make an attempt to put out the fire. As Kio pointed out left unchecked it could spread all through the forest and cause untold devestation. If there is an intelligent cause behind the blaze we should at least attempt to confront it as that means things will just get worse. If we proceed cautiously enough we can probably get a look at what we're jumping into before we fully commit ourselves Sadira spurs her warhorse on and follows Sabra. She will tend to lag to the back of whatever formation the party assumes in case we are confronted as befits a ranged combatant.

Kio
2017-05-02, 11:38 PM
Kio looks at Cal, and then up at Sabra. He knew they were speaking sense, he knew it. He realized he had been letting his emotions drive him, and he took a deep breath. He nodded, then ran back to his horse. He untied it's leads, led it back to the path, mounted up, and (much to the animal's dismay) followed along, headed towards the smoke.

Zergrinch
2017-05-02, 11:46 PM
Zugg gamely follows, skepticism writ large on his face. He doubts there's anything that can be done about the fire. He doubts the cause of said fire can be anything but natural. And he doubts that if there is indeed such a firebug, they would not stand by idly to be smashed by firefighters.

Irish Musician
2017-05-15, 02:23 PM
As the "human kite" takes to the sky, the rest of you carry on moving towards the smoke billows. You walk on for about another hour towards the smoke, but have yet to see anything of note. Finally, just as you are thinking that this might be a waist of time....Allietta spies actual fire in the distance, maybe about a quarter of a mile away. It is wooded where you are, but she seems to spy a patch of tree that is missing. A small town....a grove? You are not sure what is there....but whatever it is, it is definitely on fire.

Therumancer
2017-05-15, 06:28 PM
Assuming Allietta refers this information Sadira says " Sounds like a situation where we should lend a hand "

Ramsus
2017-05-15, 06:29 PM
Allietta swoops down and describes the location and size of the fire and the area it was in. Though she doesn't use the word "grove" and instead says "group of trees or town".

Lioslaith
2017-05-16, 02:27 PM
Cal nods an acknowledgement to the kite and kicks his horse into a gallop in the direction indicated.

Zergrinch
2017-05-16, 07:13 PM
Wherever his employer chooses to go, Zugg will follow and stomp towards the indicated direction.

Ajadea
2017-05-16, 11:53 PM
Sabra pats her horse's neck. "Follow Zugg," she commands. "Everyone, let's go." She drops the reins and incants a few words in Celestial. Her eyes flash orange with fire and she kicks off from her stirrups, shooting a hundred into the sky without any apparent form of propulsion at all. "Alletia, with me!" With a click of her heels, she is off in the direction of the fire.

Casting Fly and dashing to the fire at 120ft/round. I should be there in about a minute.

Therumancer
2017-05-17, 02:53 AM
Sadira will follow the rest of the group on her warhorse.

Irish Musician
2017-05-17, 11:41 AM
You fly over to where the fire seems to be raging and the smoke is pouring into the sky. You arrive, making sure to steer clear of all the smoke, and on the ground you see goblins. Heaps and Heaps of goblins. They are scurrying around, what looks like used to be, a town....darting inside to grab stuff where the fire hasn't completely consumed. They haven't seen you up in the air.....yet.

Roll perception checks for more details if you'd like.

Kio
2017-05-17, 12:02 PM
Kio was worried the whole way. as they drew closer, the pungent smell of smoke started to overwhelm the softer smells of the surrounding forest. When Alli mentioned that it might be a town, Kio's jaw tightened.

No, no, no... Bahamut, please don't let it be a town... please...

Suddenly, they kicked into action. Sabra Lang was in the air with Allietta, and Cal and Sadria were galloping towards the hot glow. Kio did the same, holding the reigns tight enough that his claws dug into his palms.

Please, not a town, not a town, don't be a town, please, please...

Lioslaith
2017-05-17, 12:12 PM
As the adrenaline spiked, Cal could feel the Hunter rising, getting ready. He fidgeted in the saddle, anticipating the worst as they galloped closer, his eyes narrowing.

It's a town, you know it is, likely some sort of horde, maybe even Orcs! Yesssss

Shaking his head a bit, No, lightning strike, nothing more...

Please be a town, please be a horde, please, please....

Cal sighed, if it was there was no stopping the Hunter this time.

Zergrinch
2017-05-17, 12:32 PM
Zugg slightly concerned with crazy teammates.

Puny dragonling shivering, as if he afraid. So unbecoming for such a proud warrior race.

Not-so-puny one also shivering. But has maniacal expression on face.

Zugg can only shake head.

Ramsus
2017-05-17, 01:27 PM
https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/disgaea/images/b/bb/Archer_D2.png/revision/latest?cb=20131105020739&path-prefix=en
Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1166752)
Tiefling Mystic (Nomad)/Fighter (Sharpshooter) from the Upperlight
Psionic Focus: Wood and Earth
Concentrating on: --

"These are...." Allietta browses her impact given information about the surface world, "goblins right? Bad things that we should...?" She asks Sabra and makes a "twang twang" noise and motions as if shooting a bow.

Perception: [roll0]
Arcana/History check about Goblins: [roll1]

Irish Musician
2017-05-17, 01:57 PM
Perception - You see some bodies within the town, as well as some outside of the town. The ones inside you can guess have probably passed along. The ones outside you aren't so sure about. Just from the monsters you can see, you get a count that is starting to grown near a hundred. But with them running around, and with the forest around the town, it is hard to get an exact accurate count.

On Goblins - Since you have been on the surface, you have run into these guys before. In fact, when you landed, there was a small band of them that tried to "acquire" you while you were still weak from the fall. You know they are sniveling, weak, scared creatures along or in small groups. But you've also seen the devastation that large groups of them can bring. They seem to be bolstered the more of them there are. They tend to bow down to a leader and aren't really leaders themselves, being weaker type goblinoids.

Ajadea
2017-05-17, 08:29 PM
Sabra nods, expression grim. "Goblin raiders. A blight on the northern lands. Let's drive them off."

Sabra rolls perception with Advantage.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ramsus
2017-05-18, 01:22 AM
https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/disgaea/images/b/bb/Archer_D2.png/revision/latest?cb=20131105020739&path-prefix=en
Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1166752)
Concentrating on: Faithful Archer (1 minute)

Allietta nods and gives a grin and begins to fly....upwards. Specifically trying to be somewhere the goblins might have a hard time seeing if they look upwards. And she also mentally prepares herself for the fight to come.

So yeah Allietta is flying 30 feet up.
As an action she's making a Stealth check to become hidden from the goblins. I'll roll, though I would like to make a case for auto-success anyway given the circumstances. [roll0]
As a bonus action she's spending 5 psi points to activate the Faithful Archer psionic power.

Irish Musician
2017-05-18, 09:13 AM
Perception - You see some bodies within the town, as well as some outside of the town. The ones inside you can guess have probably passed along. The ones outside you aren't so sure about. Just from the monsters you can see, you get a count that is starting to grown near a hundred. But with them running around, and with the forest around the town, it is hard to get an exact accurate count.

Kio
2017-05-18, 04:23 PM
[roll0]
As they grew closer, Kio heard them. It was unmistakable. The chittering, chattering, jibbering sound of.... goblins. Kio gritted his teeth. Of course it was goblins. why wouldn't it be goblins? He felt a mixture of fear and rage bubble up in his chest, but he managed to remain calm.
"It's goblins. Goblins burning a town or village." He says levelly to Zugg, Sadria and Cal. He pulled his horse to a halt while he was still concealed by the forest. He hopped off of the animal, quickly tying it's reigns to a tree branch.

Kio shot a quick prayer up to Bahamut, asking for strength, then reached into a small component pouch on his belt. He dipped his fingers into a tiny vial of holy water with practiced ease, then snapped them, sending a spray of tiny droplets into the air.

"Nar vis, danthe thururli" Kio whispered. The tiny water droplets shimmered for a moment in midair, then flew towards Cal, Zugg, and Sadria, surrounding them each with a subtle sparkling mist.

Then Kio gripped the hilt of his rapier, sliding it out of it's sheath as he hopped behind a thick tree, waiting to see what his companions would do.

Kio casts Bless on Cal, Zugg and Sadria with a first level spell slot. (For one minute, or until Kio loses concentration, you can add 1d4 to all attack rolls and saving throws)
He then draws his weapon with a move action and attempts to seek cover behind a thick tree.

Zergrinch
2017-05-18, 08:05 PM
Combat, at last. Though sadly, not against a very worthy foe.

PUNY GOBLINS! LEAVE OR ZUGG SMASH!

Intimidation: [roll0]

Therumancer
2017-05-19, 12:33 AM
Sadira follows the group, staying towards the back where she can do the most good with her ranged magic when the need arises. When Kio mention there are goblins ahead she will remark "I hate those little green buggers". She draws her rapier to have it ready as she turns to Kio "Thanks to you and Bahamut for the blessing". Sadira continues to follow behind the group on her warhorse, preparing to provide fire support with her spells.

Given that she has both Eldritch Spear and Spell Sniper (increasing range) she will stop and prepare to unload a barrage of Eldritch Blasts as soon as she can see goblins within her range. Spell Sniper allows her to ignore 3/4ths cover so I'm guessing the smoke (soft cover if I'm right) won't slow her down much. If/when Cal and Zugg arrive in melee she will have her horse circle slightly to get a good shot from the flanks if she can, and avoid casting directly into melee to avoid friendly fire incidents as much as possible.

I removed a die roll from this post for perception since when I re-read things it seemed only Sabra and Allietta were supposed to make them while scouting ahead. Post has been generally edited a lot of times. Apologies, I'm fairly tired. Great to see things moving along, and as Zugg said "Finally some combat" :)

Ajadea
2017-05-19, 01:34 PM
While Alletia flies up farther, Sabra dives until she's almost at the treeline, approaching the edge of town, and the bodies that lie there. She swoops into the middle of as many bodies as she can and lands there. The goblins were mostly in town. She had to help who she could. She raises her shield to the sky and yells out in Celestial "Rise!" A ring of fiery light bursts out from her, filled with healing energies.

As she sees them come to consciousness, she speaks again, now in Common. "My allies are coming from the northeast. We're here to help." She raises her empty hand, wreathed in flame, and stands ready to guard the villagers.

Movement: Sabra lands in the middle of as many villagers outside the village as she can reach with a 30ft radius burst.
Bonus Action: Channel Divinity - Turn the Tide. All villagers within 30ft heal [roll0] if they're below 1/2 HP, which I'm guessing they are. It's still dangerous, but so is the risk of them bleeding out.
Action: Ready Firebolt to attack the first Goblin that comes in range (120 feet). Prerolling for ease of combat: [roll1] [roll2]

Zergrinch
2017-05-19, 11:25 PM
Zugg lets out a string of curse words in his native Giant tongue as his retainer charges recklessly into melee.

HE was the Barbarian. It's HIS job to be in the thick of things. Zugg would be immensely dishonoured if Lady Sabra were killed by goblins while he was in charge of her security.

As such, the hulking mass of muscle redoubles his effort into charging directly towards milady.

Irish Musician
2017-05-23, 02:49 PM
Sabra flies down, and lands in the middle of the bodies of some of the villagers. A firebolt flies from her, as her divine magics spread across the villagers around her. A golden pulse emits from her and shoots around the villagers. There are a good many that awake and look around at their surroundings. Many start to scream for various reasons, the two best reasons being that they are now surrounded by goblins, and an unfortunate few that were almost lifeless within the town's walls, are now rejuvenated and completely surrounded by flames that are burning quite hot. If they didn't know you were here before, they do now. All the goblins that Sabra can see turn to look at her, and they all break out in this hooping and hollering that makes them sound like crazed monkeys. However her magic display, and the firebolt that completely obliterates one of the goblin's head, makes them quiet back back down for a moment, looking a bit stunned.

On the other side of the host Zugg yells at the goblins, which seeing that he is the size of a mountain makes them jump back in surprise. Then you see them starts to prepare to fight, mostly knocking arrows in their bows. Their yellow-glowing eyes narrowing and ready to stick you full of holes.

Your time for fighting.....has begun.

Alright, You are all up first!

Kio
2017-05-23, 03:38 PM
Kio peeks out from behind the tree just in time to see the firebolt incinerate one of the little buggers. His eyes widen as he scans around and realizes that...

"Ah... friends... we may be in a bit of danger (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4) here..." He glances about once more, then calls to Cal-aghar "Cal! I don't like the idea of being surrounded by these buggers! I'll take the left, you take the right!" He turns, then, taking a few steps and raising his right hand towards a dense group of goblins off to the left "Bahamut, jilg astahi stoda!"

Suddenly, in a flash of brilliant light, the large, translucent visage of a golden dragon appears hovering above the goblins. It immediately begins to snap and lash out viciously at the beasts, seemingly all at once.

Kio lets out a laugh, then bursts into a rowdy battle hymn, loud enough that Sabra can hear over the cackling and chittering of the shocked goblins.

"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the blade upon the bone,
Mine tongue has tasted fruit of where the seeds of war are sown!
Mine heart has felt the beating fear of fighting all alone,
and from abaft to fill my sails the winds of wrath have blown!"

Kio moves from K32 to H30, and uses and Action to spend a 4th level spell slot to cast Gaurdian of Faith at C27. (DEX save DC of 14 or take 20 radiant damage. 10 damage on a successful save. Dissipates after dealing a total of 60 damage. Should target goblins in spaces A27, A28, B26, C28, D26 and D27)
Kio then uses a Bonus Action to give Cal an Inspiration Die (d8) that can be added to one attack roll, saving throw, skill check, attack damage roll, or spent as a reaction for an AC bonus.

Ajadea
2017-05-23, 04:18 PM
At the sound of screaming, Sabra whips around. Inside the walls, where she hadn't seen, hadn't realized... no. She screams in her mind - Firenze! To me! We have to get these villagers out of here - and leaps into the air once more. Over the wall and into the flames, searching by ear for survivors. She closes on the nearest villager first, dragging them out of the burning rubble and up to the top of the wall. She turns, surveying the chaos for only a brief moment, and a bead of fire shoots from her hand. She barely sees where it lands, engulfing a swathe of goblins in flame, before she's diving back into the fire for the next villager, once more engulfed in heat.

Sabra has 60 feet of movement per round thanks to her Fly spell.

Free: use Find Steed's telepathy to command Firenze to get over here ASAP. I should have probably shared my Fly spell with her, but alas, too late now.

Move and Action: use 15+ feet of movement to place the villager in M2 in square N3, out of the fire, and the rest to move to P1 to get the villager on the next turn. [roll0]

Bonus Action: When Sabra and villager are in square N3, turn and cast a Quickened Fireball at L15 L16 goshdarn fireballs
20ft radius spread that goes around corners, so it hits goblins in [K11, J12, M13, I14, M14, P13, L16, J17, and possibly P17]. And gives the villager in K10 a good scare.

Deals [roll1] fire damage; Dexterity save DC 16 for half.

Ramsus
2017-05-23, 05:34 PM
Concentrating on: Faithful Archer

"Leave this town now or die stupid ugly things!" Allietta shouts down at the goblins and unleashes a barrage of arrows down upon them. One arrow in particular flies so fast that it's to its target practically the moment after she looses it.

Move from T13 to N13.

Faithful Archer attack vs Goblin at K9: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
if crit: [roll2]

Bonus action to use Speed Dart, spending 2 Psi Points.

Action attack 1 vs BG at O9: [roll3]
damage: [roll4] + [roll5] = 16
if crit: [roll6]

Reaction to use Seeking Missile, spending 2 Psi Points, to re-roll attack if Attack 1 misses. If not, use it on the first attack that misses. If none miss, Irish please remind me to refund myself the spent Psi Points.
[roll7]

Action attack 2 vs Goblin at I10: [roll8]
damage: [roll9]
if crit: [roll10]

Action Surge!

Action Surge attack 1 vs Goblin at F10: [roll11]
damage: [roll12]
if crit: [roll13]

Action Surge attack 2 vs Goblin at E7: [roll14]
damage: [roll15]
if crit: [roll16]

Irish Musician
2017-05-23, 06:02 PM
Allietta sees a giant explosion of fire below her. She sees two goblins jump of out the way, and the flames almost seem to miss them. But licks of flames engulf them and they, too, turn to ash. Up in the air, she happily sends arrows to the ground, picking off goblins here and there. Arrow through the head.....arrow through the heart.....arrow through the crotch....ouch. She shoots one of the larger looking goblins and the arrow drive straight through his chest and into the ground......but he does not fall. He looks up and sees you, and screams up at you, and most likely to his friends, in one of the most horrible languages you've heard.

Sabra flies into the flames the first time, getting one villager out. He is burned and in pain....but alive. After sending off her death-ball, she flies back into the fire, going after another villager.

Zergrinch
2017-05-23, 09:06 PM
Zugg sees milady fly off into the flames. The Goliath is equal parts impressed and appalled at her lack of self preservation.

Battle-rage now fueling his attacks, the trained Barbarian rockets forward, smashing into the biggest, baddest goblin within range. A flash of steel lights the sky as the Barbarian brings down his huge longsword in an impossibly fast manner. The warrior is out for blood today!

YOU WANT DIE? ZUGG CAN ARRANGE FUNERAL!

Move to L23.
Bonus Action: Activate Rage. Zugg now has advantage on STR checks and saves. He gets +2 to melee weapon damage. He also resists all damage except psychic.
Attack 1: Slash BG at M23 with longsword. [roll0] to hit. Damage: [roll1] slashing plus [roll2] on crit.
Attack 2: If BG isn't dead, slash him again with longsword. If dead, L22 gets it. [roll3] to hit. Damage: [roll4] slashing plus [roll5] on crit.

Both should hit. First attack deals 12 damage. Second attack deals 17 damage. If this is enough to kill, please let Zugg vertically bisect the goblin boss into left and right halves.

Irish Musician
2017-05-23, 09:59 PM
Zugg runs up to the big goblin who seems to be surprise that the big man was even able to reach him so quickly. With one swing of his sword, the goblin is hit. When the pair of them look down, the goblin's arm is slightly flopping beside them both. The goblin looks up at Zugg with a very confused and bewildered look, when Zugg slashes at him again. Unfortunately for the goblin, the way Zugg's blade ended meant that the Longsword was coming from below the goblin. The sword swing up from the ground, hitting the poor thing from in between its legs up through its head. After letting our a horrible scream, the goblin's eyes blink and his two sides peel over, like a banana.

Make an intimidation check with advantage

Zergrinch
2017-05-23, 10:00 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

OOC: Well, drat.

Irish Musician
2017-05-23, 10:02 PM
Those dice gods are punishing you for the crit lol

While the other goblins see the big one split in two and look fairly nervous, they still have the numbers to overrun you and they seem to remember that.....somehow.

Lioslaith
2017-05-24, 09:54 AM
Cal starts forward in a run towards Sabra, slashing at goblins as he passes them. The Hunter just smiles...

Move to I26 and attacks goblin on the way by

[roll0]
Damage=11

[roll1]
Damage=11

[roll2]
Damage=11

[roll3]
Damage=11

Obviously if/once he falls I'll quit chopping and continue running (yes I know he was at the end of my movement :smallwink:)

Therumancer
2017-05-24, 12:23 PM
Sadira is a bit concerned about being surrounded, especially since her armor isn't the greatest. She opts to take out the goblins to one flank and try and seek cover against the goblins coming from the other flank.

[roll0]

Sadira will move to H35 and take cover from arrows using the trees (there should be two here and one a few feet behind her in the direction she threw the fireball)

If allowed she will use her bonus action to release her dancing sword towards the goblins to the left side of the map

Irish Musician
2017-05-25, 12:51 PM
The fighting erupts and the goblins are both surprised and terrified, they aren't sure what to do. After many have been cut open, slaughtered, and killed...there's a figure that steps out from behind some trees. This is definitely not a goblin, at least not one of the ones you have been seeing running around. His skin is red, his hair is long and black, and he wears somewhat fancy robes. He carries a quarterstaff and it looks as though there are scrolls hanging around his shoulder. Most of you have seen some of his kind before.....a hobgoblin.....though never seen one look like this.

The hobgoblin yells something out in their horrible language, and points a finger right at Cal-agar. A small, red dot shoots from its finger and races towards Cal. Sadira's eyes go wide as she sees the dot race towards Cal, but before she can move or say anything, the dot hits Cal and explodes towards her and Kio. Once the explosion subsides, the trees around them are on fire but the goblins around them don't seem to be touched at all.

The hobgoblin yells out again, and all the other goblins yell back.....pulling out bows, and charging the group. It is then a sea of goblins, swords, and arrows as they attack the group. Kio gets stabbed a few times, with a couple of arrow now jetting out of his back. Cal-agar get a few arrow sent his way, a couple that connect. And while he is reeling in pain, he gets a knife to the leg that sends a lot of pain though his whole body. And poor Zugg....while the goblins saw him mutilate their companions, the appearance of the hobgoblin seems to have bolstered their spirits. Especially after that Hobgoblin let look with what looks like a giant fire-blast.

As Sabra and Allietta watch, the goblins close in on the, now alive, villagers. Any villagers moving get attacked one way or another. Some of them are spared and get out of the way....but many of them are cut down again by sword and arrow.

As the goblins attack, through the trees and in the distance, you see more goblins starts to crawl out of the forest.

Ok, damage report:
Most villagers dead now.

Zugg ended up with 54 points of damage on him, 27 because of his resistance. He's lucky his AC is so high lol

Kio ended up with 19 points of damage

Cal ended up with 16 points of damage

A Fireball was cast and hit Cal, Kio, and Saidra. 23 damage, DC 13 Dex save to take half damage.

PC's Turn

Ramsus
2017-05-25, 05:27 PM
Psionic Focus: Nomadic Arrow

Allietta frowns, annoyed the goblins didn't get the message and also a little annoyed at herself because if she wasn't so high up she could probably save the villagers instead of just getting an early start on avenging them, and looses a few more arrows. Particularly towards the hobgoblin whose actions might have been the difference between the goblins leaving or not. She is one with her bow and the arrows and the thick trees and leaves in the way matter not to her, there is a path to her targets.

If any attack misses, using Reaction to use Seeking Missile: [roll0]
Edit: Irish let me know if I needed to use this so I mark of the spent psi points.

Faithful Archer attack vs BG at M12: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]
if crit: [roll3]

Bonus action change Psionic Focus to Nomadic Arrow.

Attack 1 vs Hobgoblin: [roll4]
damage: [roll5]

Attack 2 vs Hobgoblin: [roll7]
damage: [roll8]
if crit: [roll9]

If Hobgoblin dies from Attack 1, Goblin at K11.

Zergrinch
2017-05-25, 07:55 PM
The goblins were like gnats to a monster like Zugg. Unfortunately for him, given sufficient numbers, even the puniest collection of gnats can sting even the mightiest warrior who can't dispatch them all at one go.

Finding himself surrounded by little puny gnats, the goliath enters a state of unnatural calm. Suddenly, he thrusts out a meaty arm towards the goblin in front of him!

During enemy turn, assuming a goblin missed Zugg with a melee attack, he will activate Riposte manuever. With his reaction, Zugg will attack the goblin.

Reaction Attack Roll: [roll0] plus [roll1]
Hit: [roll2] plus [roll3].
Crit: [roll4].

Object interaction: Sheath sword.

Action: Attack. Use one of the attacks to attempt a grapple.

Grapple is a Strength (Athletics) check vs. target's Athletics or Acrobatics check. I bet the goblins will be using Acrobatics. Zugg has advantage on STR checks and saves while raging.

Zugg's Strength: [roll5] or [roll6]
Goblin's (L22) Acrobatics: [roll7]

I will make a second post depending on the outcome of this action.

Zergrinch
2017-05-25, 08:03 PM
Successfully grabbing the hapless goblin by the head, Zugg switches his grip to the creature's ankle. The gigantic hulk swings the poor creature in a full circle around him, intent on inflicting grievous harm with a body (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GrievousHarmWithABody) to the swarming gnats around him!

YOU WANT PIECE OF ZUGG?!!! ZUGG SMAAAAAAASH!

Part 2 of Attack.

Improvised Weapon Attack with Goblin: [roll0] plus [roll1] from Bless.
I don't know if DM will flavor this as vs. AC or a DEX save. I will also leave the damage up to DM.

Kio
2017-05-25, 11:27 PM
Kio twirls his sword, trying his best to parry and slap away the tiny goblin blades, but alas, the little buggers slice him up pretty good. He bares his teeth as a flurry of tiny twisted arrows THUNK into his back! he snarls in pain, then catches the desperate look on Sadria's face. Kio's eyes go wide for a moment. He ducked as fast as he could, turning his back to what he knew was coming next. It explodes with hungry fury, licking over his body and clothes, eager to consume him! Despite this, his scales protect him from most of the onslaught, and he feels that the damage was minimal. However, he also feels the sliken white cloth burning away from Echo, revealing the bone axe strapped to his back.

Despite the desperate appearance of the situation, Kio begins to chuckle, then cackle, then howl in laughter, smoke and fire spilling from his bloody mouth! He raises his right arm, the frilly sleeve now burned away enough to reveal the pattern of a Draconian tattoo covering his arm with twisting swirls. Kio snaps his fingers, and the tattoo suddenly flashes with blinding light!

"HA'AS!" He commands, and suddenly the wounds of his friends begin to mend, and their chests begin to glow with a divine warmth.

His hand then lowers slowly, until his glowing finger is pointing directly at the heart of the Hobgoblin across the way.

"Bang," he whispers with a wink.

- Kio manages to make his save from the fireball, and takes reduced damage for being a Dragonborn.

- Kio is going to try and use his crazed laughter and the smoke from his mouth to try and act like a war-crazed and terrifying beast
Performance - [roll0]
If performance is successful:
Intimidation - [roll1]

- Kio uses a Bonus Action to cast Mass Healing Word, targeting himself, Zugg, Cal, and Sadria
Heal [roll2] damage each!

- Kio is using an Action and spending a 3rd level spell slot to cast Guiding Bolt at the Hobgoblin!
Spell Attack - [roll3]
On Hit - [roll4]Radiant Damage

Ajadea
2017-05-26, 03:20 AM
Sabra beckons the second villager quickly into her arms and takes to the air again. Fire licks at her skin, claws at her heart. A tiny, crazy, part of her almost feels calm in the fire, even as she can feel blisters forming. As the smoke clears from her eyes, she gasps, a short sharp intake of breath as the goblins descend upon the people she'd just revived. The screams fill Sabra's ears but there's no time , barely enough to act let alone indulge in guilt or the little nagging voice that questions what she thinks she can do about plague when she can't even fight off a foe she can defeat with blade and spell - she dives forward, nearly colliding with a villager half-surrounded by goblins.

She looks down at them, floating above their heads scorched and angry, and snarls "You want someone to fight?" She readjusts her hold on the villager just enough and extends a finger towards Zugg. A bead flies too-quick from her fingers and she hears rather than sees the effects of it landing. "Try me."

Action: Pick up villager in P1 [roll0]
Movement: Fly to P11.
Bonus Action: Quickened Fireball at L23, in accordance with Zergrinch's tactics. 2 SP and another 3rd level slot for [roll1] fire damage, Dex save 16 for half.

Zergrinch
2017-05-26, 04:24 AM
Zugg roars in defiance as the goblins, swirling like pesky gnats, surround him, ready to cut him down to size. His bicep twitches, as he prepares to cut them into giblets of puny meat.

Suddenly, a blast of flame suddenly envelopes Zugg's vision, and the world explodes into a sea of red!

DEX save with advantage (DC 16) vs Fireball: [roll0] [roll1]

While raging, Zugg resists everything but psychic. 11 damage to Zugg.

(rest of turn after DM updates map)

Zergrinch
2017-05-28, 03:02 AM
Casting around for the mage who incinerated him, Zugg's eyes fall upon the hobgoblin. Pointing a meaty finger at the dead mage walking, Zugg roars a threat while slowly but steadily advancing in a menacing manner, still carrying the mangled goblin he had used as a flail.

PUNY MAGIC NO HURT ZUGG. ZUGG RIP YOU IN TWO!

Bonus Action to use Second Wind to restore [roll0] HP.

Move to O29.

Therumancer
2017-05-29, 05:07 PM
Sadira says "Right Back At you" to the Hobgoblin as she casts Hellish rebuke, and moves further away, her sword flying along behind her swatting at any goblins about to come around the trees she was at before (and covering her passage)

For some reason my post with the die rolls got posted to the OOC section instead of IC, if you want me to re-roll that's fine.

Therumancer
2017-05-29, 05:21 PM
Oh before I forget

"Behold Goblins, your wizard is being consumed for daring to strike me!"

[roll0]

... okay so maybe not. The last intimidate was much better.

Irish Musician
2017-06-06, 04:57 PM
As the goblins close in, explosions happen all at once. But not before Zugg picks up a goblin and literally starts beating another goblin to death with it. After that goblin is dead, Zugg turns to the others. And to the goblins, his look makes them explode. For as the large goliath looks at the rest of them, screaming about their inevitable end, they all explode in a large ball of fire. Not too far away, another ball of fire consumes the already on fire hobgoblin, as well as some other goblins in the vicinity. There is nothing left of any of them.

The goblins do not go closer to Zugg, but pull out bows and start firing. Some of them rush up on Sadira, her sword having dispatched one. But for the most part the goblins in the south seems to be dispersing. At least for a moment. The small group then starts to hear shouts and screams in the harsh goblin tongue. Most of the voices are the normal goblin voices, but some seem different. However....for the two heroes in the north the story is much different. More and more goblins start to pour from around the north part of the city. A few more robbed hobgoblins come out, as well as some of the larger looking goblins. The do what goblins do and stat firing upon Sabra, and some even try and fire up to Allietta.

Sab [roll4d6+8[/roll]
Kio [roll0]
Cal [roll1]
Allietta [roll2]

Sabra gets stucks with a whopping 25 points worth of arrow damage

Kio with 9 dmg, Cal with 5 dmg, and Allietta with 12 points of damage

As Allietta looks around for her next target, an arrow inexplicably flies up from the ground and strikes her right in the leg, shafting stick out from either side of it. And as she looks at the new hobgoblins that she can see, but no one else seem to be able to see yet, they seem to just suddenly multiply.

PC's TURN

Ramsus
2017-06-06, 08:26 PM

Allietta curses in celestial at the sudden appearance of an arrow in her leg. Fortunately she's battle trained enough not to lose her focus and puts the matter of "I have an arrow in my leg" to the side and continues trying to put arrows in goblins, specifically the ones around Sabra and the villagers she's attempting to save.

If any attack misses, using Reaction to use Seeking Missile: [roll0]
Irish let me know if I needed to use this so I mark of the spent psi points.
Really, because if I do I use a bonus action for Mystic Recovery to regain 2 hp.

Faithful Archer attack vs Goblin at Q11: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]
if crit: [roll3]

Attack 1 vs Goblin at P12: [roll4]

Attack 2 vs Goblin at P13: [roll7]

Irish Musician
2017-06-07, 09:17 AM
Allietta, concentrating through the pain, sends deadly arrows to her three targets, creating a path for Sabra.

Lioslaith
2017-06-07, 11:18 AM
Cal sighs a the horde, this fight was going as he had expected. All the while the hunter was screaming in his head, never retreat, never surrender!! He steps towards Kio and attacks a couple of the goblins surrounding him. Quietly he says to Kio, "We have to go, this....we cannot survive. If you have a way of alerting the others let them know, but we leave NOW."

Step behind two of the goblins and attack

[roll0]
Damage = 11

[roll1]
Damage = 11

[roll2]
Damage = 11

[roll3]
Damage = 11

If they go down he will grab Kio physically if he has to.

Kio
2017-06-07, 05:28 PM
When the drow cuts down the two goblins behind Kio, Kio has a moment of hesitation. He looks back towards the billiard, where he can just make out Sabra, flying, desperately trying to save a villiager. He grits his teeth, desperately wishing he could heal her, but she was just too far away. He curses in draconic, then nods to Cal, speaking softly "All right, but we're staying close by. There's a chance I can save Sabra if she falls." Kio places his hand on his chest, and begins to heal himself.

As he does this, he looks towards Zugg. You're okay, big guy. Live.. Come on... Live!

"Ha'as" Kio whispers, his voice laced with powerful magic. Then Kio is makes ready to move with Cal, as quickly and quietly as possible.

- Kio casts Cure Wounds on himself at 2nd level
[roll0]

- Kio casts healing word at 2nd level on Zugg
[roll1]

- Kio gets ready to move with Cal wherever he goes

Irish Musician
2017-06-08, 09:36 AM
Cal fights his way through to Kio, cutting down all 4 goblins in his way, urging the young dragonborn to get out of Dodge.

Lioslaith
2017-06-08, 09:55 AM
Once that goes down we will exit the shortest least resistant way off the map. Assuming Cal sees Sabra coming he will certainly wait on her.

Ajadea
2017-06-08, 06:57 PM
Sabra swings her shield in front of the burned villager, guarding them from the arrows. She herself is not so lucky, and she feels each one hit hard, battering her armor and piercing mail to draw blood. "Firenze, get this one out of here!" she thinks. She can practically feel the mare's eyes roll as she dashes forward. Sabra looks down at the villager below her, cowering. "Firenze will help you get away. Just hold on."

With that, she lowers her shield again and springs into motion, speeding through the gap Alletia created and past Zugg -- "Retreat," she commands, the word bitter on her tongue -- until she's almost back where Kio and Slayer Zaraun await. "There... may have been more goblins than I fully understood," she observes. Her arm is dripping blood. She tries to ignore it.

Firenze is going to move to O11 (45 ft movement) and wait for the villager to get on (probably the villager's action, possibly hers too) and use the remaining movement to follow Sabra south (so back to O14, or M24 if she still has her action to Dash with). Warhorses move at 60 ft per round.

Sabra uses the Dash action to increase her movement, holds her movement until Firenze arrives then Dashes 120 ft to L21 (can I do that?)

Lioslaith
2017-06-08, 07:57 PM
Grabbing Kio's sleeve Cal nods to the sky and awaits Sabra to land near them. As she speaks he looks at the bloody arm and then at Kio, giving him a 'fix that' look. "It is a horde, M'Lady, not a raiding party as we first thought." The Hunter snorts in his head Why spare her feelings, YOU knew it was a horde from the beginning. "There is no loss of honor in quitting this battle. When last I checked honor and stupidity did not go hand in hand."

Cal looks around, "The big one is coming as well, did we lose anyone?" He looks at her face for probably the first time and can see the pain in her eyes. Not the physical, the anguish of having to abandon the village to the horde. The brutally practical Hunter in him felt nothing for the loss, Cal was trying to change that. "We cannot save them but we can avenge them, M'Lady. Once our task is complete we can bring back an army and rout them out."

Zergrinch
2017-06-08, 08:08 PM
Amidst the haze of battle lust, Zugg hears the bitter order of his charge. Retreat is antithetical to Zugg's nature, even though he clearly knows he is hopelessly outnumbered by gnats. Still, duty calls, and the Goliath is obligated to cover Sabra's retreat.

Clearly unhappy at the situation, Zugg sheathes his weapon and looses a roar as he moves to shield Sabra from the Northern direction. In an impossible burst of movement, the Goliath draws all the four javelins from his pack, and tosses them at goblins closest to them, one javelin after another!

"GO! ZUGG COVER YOU!"

Move to K29.
Attack Goblins, prioritizing N31, I36, I35, and I34, H24, and H23, in that order.

Attack: [roll0]. Hit: [roll1] piercing, plus [roll2] on crit.
Extra Attack: [roll3]. Hit: [roll4] piercing, plus [roll5] on crit.

Action Surge to make another attack.

Attack: [roll6]. Hit: [roll7] piercing, plus [roll8] on crit.
Extra Attack: [roll9]. Hit: [roll10] piercing, plus [roll11] on crit.

Therumancer
2017-06-09, 12:41 AM
With one Goblin facing Sadira she has her sword and snake attack

Dancing Sword: Attack: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]

Crusher pokes it's head out of her bag providing melee cover (yes I thought of this) snapping at anything nearby.

"Crusher, bite!"

Bite: [roll3] Damage: [roll4] (can extend up to 5' away, retracts back into the bag)

Action (Sadira) Fireball to E42 (damage roll in OOC)

It only has one more action left and there is nothing around while we run away (hopefully) so Sadira calls back her Dancing Sword to her hand.

Sadira moves to J45 throwing the fireball on her way as she has LoS hopefully clearing the gobbos on left and providing cover from the gobbos on the right as she retreats.

EDIT: Die roll deleted was for the burning hands spell which was replaced by another fireball (roll for which is in the OOC)

Irish Musician
2017-06-12, 09:11 AM
Bolstered by their retreating enemies, the goblins seems to attack with greater vigor, going after everyone who is getting out of there. The few villagers that are left behind can be heard screaming as they are silenced once and for all by the goblins. Yells in the goblinoid language can be heard as you retreat, probably from the hobgoblins. Arrows fly at your back and at your sides, and unfortunately for Zugg and the villager on top of Firenze, the goblins catch up to them.

Saira has arrows whizzing by her, and one lodges in her arm. Most of the attacks miss Zugg, but one lucky arrow sticks in his thigh, going deep. The villager get an arrow to the right shoulder and stabbed in the side, but Firenze is not as lucky as the rest. The horse takes much abuse from the goblins, but still seems to be hanging on for life. Sabra can tell something is wrong and that the horse does not have much time left on this plane.

Alright, Damage report

Zugg, 10 damage, so 5

Horse is almost dead with 18/19 HP's, and the villager is barely hanging on as well

Sadira gets an arrow in the arm.

PC's TURN

Ramsus
2017-06-12, 12:52 PM

Seeing that the others are now retreating, Allietta begins to do so as well. Noticing the horse and its passengers are in trouble, she tries to cut down the goblins closest to them.

Move from N13 to N19.

Faithful Archer attack vs Goblin at N25: [roll0]

Reaction to use Seeking Missile on the first attack that misses. As usual, let me know if I need to actually spend Psi Points for this. If so, bonus action to use Mystical Recovery. [roll3]

Attack 1 vs Goblin at M25: [roll4]

Attack 2 vs Goblin at L25: [roll7]

Ajadea
2017-06-13, 08:58 PM
"I'm going." Where Zugg is yelling - rightfully - Sabra's voice remains clear and steady. Her eyes track Firenze's path as the mare darts through the trees. Arrows flying, each impact like a sting in her mind but far worse to Firenze, who was beginning to drip ichor. She incants a few words in Celestial, a prayer of healing, and feels light seep through her like a balm. The effect is much more visible on Firenze, who seems to glow through her wounds and speed up.

The mare disappears into the trees. Sabra nods and clicks her heels together, flying up through the tree cover once more into (relative) safety. The fires were spreading now. What did it matter? If all that lived there were beasts, let them burn.

First - Sabra, in L31, casts Aid (Paladin, 2nd level) on herself, the villager riding Firenze, and Firenze (in M26), boosting their current and maximum hit points by 5 for the next 8 hours.
Second - Firenze Dashes, boosting her movement to 120 ft and bolts to K50, avoiding attacks of opportunity on the way. Hopefully out of sight of goblins.
Third - Sabra flies diagonally up and south through the tree cover 60 ft, ending her movement 65 feet up in L43.

Zergrinch
2017-06-14, 10:29 AM
"YOU TOO PUNY FOR ZUGG. ZUGG NO WANT CRUSH PUNY LITTLE GIRL THINGS!" the Goliath roars as he blithely ignores the puny little gnats surrounding him.

With luck, that will infuriate them enough to target him instead of Lady Sabra or his puny fellow mercenaries.

The Goliath sprints towards the meanest goblin he can reach with a sprint. If he crushes this less-puny thing, this will hopefully crush the fighting spirit of the goblins being emboldened by him!

Move to F31, using path indicated by dots. Zugg will eat up three opportunity attacks, from J28, K28, and L28. If any misses, he will use his reaction to activate Riposte to make a melee weapon attack versus the goblin.

Potential Riposte: [roll0]. Hit: [roll1] plus [roll2] on a critical.

Attack Action 1: Grab Goblin Boss - contested Athletics, with advantage from "Might of a Bear" [roll3] [roll4], versus Goblin Boss's Athletics or Acrobatics, whichever is higher.

Attack Action 2.1: If Goblin Boss is grabbed, use him as a club to bludgeon G30. [roll5]. DM determines damage. Zugg's STR mod is +5.

Attack Action 2.2: If Goblin Boss is not grabbed, attack him with longsword. [roll6]. Hit: [roll7] plus [roll8] on a crit.

Regardless of whether Zugg is attacking with a longsword or a goblin boss, activate Pushing Attack. On a hit, Zugg adds [roll9] to damage, and goblin has to make a DC16 STR save to avoid getting pushed 15 feet back into the fire at F27 (for situation 2.1) or the tree at H28 (for situation 2.2).

Whew, and I thought Fighters and Barbarians aren't complicated to play!

Kio
2017-06-14, 04:52 PM
Seeing that the retreat has begin, Kio breathes an internal sigh of relief. He steps out of the way as Firenze rushes past him, glancing over to make sure tha Sabra Lang is close enough, then he speaks aloud "Ha'as!" Once more. He feels the life carry off of the word and into his fellows, but he has no time to savor the moment. He turns on a claw and follows after Firenze at a sprint, this time grabbing Cal by the arm and pulling him along if he has to.

Over his shoulder, as loud as he can, Kio shouts over the crackling of flames and the cheers of the goblins. "Oi! Zigg Jabbernathaky! What kind of name is that? sounds like a TINY BABY GIRLY name to me!" He jests, purposefully mangling Zugg's name in an effort to get the Goliath to chase him.

- Kio waits until both Firenze and Sabra are in range, then he uses a 3rd level spell slot to cast Mass healing Word on Cal, Sabra, Sadria, Zugg, Firenze, and himself
Heal for:
[roll0]

- Kio is takes the Dash action and runs south (trying to pull Cal along as well)

- Kio uses a free action to try and goad Zugg into chasing him rather than continue to attack goblins.

Therumancer
2017-06-14, 06:18 PM
Sadira winces at the pain in her arm and continues with the retreat. She thinks to herself that despite her progress in getting away she has to prevent the goblins from closing the retreat of her friends. "I'm not done with you yet Goblins"

Sadira throws "Hunger Of Hadar" to P 42 (as displayed on the map) and moves to K 50 (hello Horsey) Sadira will use "Cutting words" defensively if it seems like she's going to be hit again

Lioslaith
2017-06-15, 08:35 AM
Cal leans forward on his mount, cutting down the target profile and letting the horse run. He could tell from the urgency in its gallop and its flared nostrils that it knew what was on it's heels.

Irish Musician
2017-07-17, 12:41 PM
As the darkness descends on the goblins, you hear screams and amidst odd whispers and even weirder slurping noises. Sadira especially is able to hear the auditory cacophony that is next to her.

As the others start to flee and make their way out of the woods, Zugg seems to be hopping from goblin group to goblin group, still smashing. He reaches for one of the larger goblins in front of him, but the thing wily ducks and steps backwards, pushing the goblin behind him in the way of the large man's hands. The smaller goblin is not so lucky, getting grabbed by Zugg and the slammed into his companion, knocking said companion back into the fires.....that continue to spread. Zugg then hears his teammate mis-say his name, calling his name that of a tiny baby girl and running off.

Allietta rains arrows down on the goblins' heads, and Sabra does her best to get the two townspeople out of the forest. Call, giving his mount some rein, so that it has room to let loose and run as fast as it can out of there.

The goblins that are nearest the town start to see the blaze grown in size. The Hobgoblins and some of the boss goblins start to look around, yell out some things in Goblin, and the horde starts to retreat to the other side of the town. Even the ones that are nearest to the main group start to turn tail and retreat. Save for the few in the darkness, presumably, and the one that Zugg still has a hold of, most of the goblins around you are cleared out.

PC's TURN

Alright, I'll give y'all one more round of action, and then combat will be over, and we will finally move along. :smallsmile:

Lioslaith
2017-07-17, 01:36 PM
Seeing Kio on foot Cal circles his mount and picks him up on the way by, letting the horse put distance between the horde and the fire.

Irish Musician
2017-07-17, 02:18 PM
Cal circles around Kio, grabbing him by the collar of his tunic. At the same time he kicks his heels into his horse, he reaches down and launches Kio through the air. Kio flies about 10ft up and 40ft in front of him soaring through the air. As it looks like he is about to hit the ground hard, Cal races up underneath him, catching him on the back of his horse and racing forward to get away from the goblins....and the fire.

Zergrinch
2017-07-17, 07:29 PM
Satisfied that his charge is safely out of harm's way, the Goliath abducts one of the goblins within his reach, and proceeds to meet up with the party.

He has distinctly heard someone mocking his name. Worse, the name of his clan. The honor of the clan is paramount, even over his own personal honor. That cannot be allowed to stand.

Grapple, Athletics. [roll0]
If unsuccessful, repeat. [roll1]
If successful, cut a random goblin in half.
To hit with longsword: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]. Critical. [roll4].

Kio
2017-07-17, 07:30 PM
Kio gives a short startled yelp as Cal suddenly snatches him up off the ground and thows him into the air!! "What- AHH!!"

Kio is left in shock after landing cleanly on the running horse.

"W-...woah." he whispers under his breath.

Ramsus
2017-07-18, 12:54 PM

Allietta continues moving closer to the others, but she also continues firing arrows at the goblins. And continues to do so until it looks like they're going to turn around and actually fight the group some more or until they're out of range.

Faithful Archer attack vs Goblin at F24: [roll0]

Reaction to use Seeking Missile on the first attack that misses. As usual, let me know if I need to actually spend Psi Points for this. If so, bonus action to use Mystical Recovery. [roll3]

Attack 1 vs Goblin at M23: [roll4]

Attack 2 vs Goblin at K24: [roll7]

Ajadea
2017-07-19, 07:26 AM
The golden mare continues to run, carrying her villager cargo far away from the goblins. Sabra puts all her energy into flying over the treetops and away from the village. She resists the urge to look back.

Both Sabra and Firenze are dashing south and out of here!

Therumancer
2017-07-20, 12:59 PM
Sadira continues to wince over the arrow stuck in her arm, but spurs her horse on.

Heading south at a full dash with the rest of the group to escape the goblins

Irish Musician
2017-07-20, 03:27 PM
You all run right away from the goblin horde, as well as the ever increasing forest fire. The town may have caught it on fire anyway, due to the extreme heat and the goblins surely didn't care if it spread. Buuuuuuut the fireballs didn't help anything either.

You run, fly, and ride until everyone has regrouped about two miles away and you do not see any of the horde following you. Arrows sticking out of some, blood soaking clothes, and the villagers barely hanging onto consciousness.....you situations isn't too dire. But it also isn't a walk in the park either. You don't know if the horde is regrouping, or if the fire is following you. What you do know is that if they do follow you, it will be hard for you to drive them back a second time.

Alright, end of combat.

You have two injured villagers, as well as a barely alive, unconscious goblin in Zugg's grasp.

Therumancer
2017-07-21, 09:58 AM
"Are there any other villages nearby? We might want to warn them before that horde gets moving again. Perhaps one of the townspeople Sabra rescued knows." Sadira looks around nervously, obviously wanting to keep moving to get even further away from the goblins and the spreading flames. "If there aren't any other villages around, retreating to Tully and letting the dwarves know that the goblins are this organized and just took out a village might not be a bad idea."

Zergrinch
2017-07-21, 10:37 AM
"HORDE?" Zugg sniffs as he starts to strip the unconscious goblin naked to ensure it has no hidden weapons, "KILL HALF TODAY. TOMORROW KILL HALF. NO MORE HORDE."

Ajadea
2017-07-22, 09:22 AM
"I believe we just attempted that, Zugg." Sabra winces and gently sets down the villager she'd been carrying. The smell of burnt hair and skin is pervasive, and her armor sticks unpleasantly in places. "It hasn't proven exceptionally helpful, as a strategy. Sadira is right. Others need to know of this."

Lioslaith
2017-07-23, 09:19 AM
Cal watches the others regroup, hopping down from his horse and patting it gently to help calm it. "Perhaps if the head were removed the horde would disperse, standing before them without an army is suicide though." He looks at Zugg and nods his approval, "No matter your ability or enthusiasm."

"Kio, can you help with healing once again?"

Making his way to Sabra's side, concerned, "Is there some magical means at your disposal to get word there faster than someone making the trek?"

Ramsus
2017-07-23, 11:56 AM
Psionic Focus: Mastery of Wood and Earth

Allietta lands softly on a nearby rock of tree trunk or stump and casually pulls an arrow out of her leg, "I'm a little hurt, but only a little." Odd as it is, she doesn't appear to be bleeding very much from the wound. She looks around at the growing fire and asks, "Are we worried about that? I could try and put it out?" She doesn't sound too sure about her ability to do so.

Zergrinch
2017-07-23, 12:00 PM
Zugg finishes stripping the goblin clean, takes one look at it, snorts, and immediately drapes a loincloth over its midsection.

LET FIRE RAGE. MAYBE MAKE GODS MAD AND SMITE HORDE.

Ajadea
2017-07-23, 10:51 PM
Sabra shakes her head at Cal's question. "My magical affinity is more towards fire. Starting them, mostly. Stopping fires is harder," she adds, nodding towards the orange blaze in the distance. "If I had such magics, I could use them to stay in contact with home much more easily. As is, we make do." She glances around the group in a cursory assessment of wounds.

Ramsus
2017-07-24, 12:28 PM

Allietta shrugs, having gotten an answer to her question, and replies, "Ok then!"

History check for nearby places: [roll0]

Therumancer
2017-07-24, 01:18 PM
Sadira isn't that badly hurt but casts "Cure Wounds" on herself to remove the arrow.

[roll0]

"If we can restore the villagers to consciousness perhaps they will know more about the horde and what other villages are in the area. Having them with us is another reason to head back, we can't exactly take them adventuring with us, and at least in Tully they will be relatively safe."

"I am also a healer, though not as proficient as Kio. Let me know if you need a spell and I'll do what I can."

Irish Musician
2017-07-24, 01:25 PM
She is fairly certain she is in a forest, and that there are other parts of the forest around the part of the forest she is in currently.

You notice the more the goblin is man, or rather goliath, handled my Zugg, the limper he seems to be getting. You know that generally the limper a creatures gets, the less life it tends to have inside of it.

Kio
2017-07-24, 03:07 PM
Kio isn't used to riding so hard, and struggles to slide himself safely off of the horse. He wobbles a bit on the ground as his stomach churns, letting out a thin groan.

After taking a moment to steady himself (and not entirely succeeding), Kio notices Zugg roughhousing the goblin. Kio feels the urge to shout out. He pauses, hesitating for a moment. That's a goblin. A vile creature who cares for nothing but blood, murder and death... Perhaps...

Kio grits his teeth, then speaks "Oi, Zugg. I know it's not your preference, but if you want to keep that one alive, perhaps you should be more gentle." He hates speaking on behalf of a goblin. Kio kneels down beside the villagers, looking them both up and down. After a moment, he reaches out his arm, and the draconian tattoos imprinted there begin to glow. Kio whispers a prayer in draconic, and pours out healing into the villagers. He tosses a few tendrils of life towards the goblin as well, almost as an afterthought.

- Kio uses his second Channel Divinity to cast "Preserve Life" on the villagers (healing them up to half health or as much as he can) and the goblin (just a few points, enough to keep it alive)

Irish Musician
2017-07-24, 04:01 PM
As Kio's healing magics wash over the villagers, they start to regain consciousness, as does the goblin. The villagers' eyes open wide and seem scared at first, but then calm quickly down as they see that they aren't surrounded by fire.

The goblin, on the other hand, wakes up and starts thrashing around wildly, trying to pry himself out of Zugg's hands. He starts talking loudly in a language nobody understand as he tries to escape. Unfortunately for him, but fortunately for you all, the goblin is way too tired to actually get out of Zugg's grasp.

I was going to make Zugg roll for a grapple.....but based on the goblin's roll, there's no need lol

Zergrinch
2017-07-24, 06:57 PM
Zugg's eyes narrow into slits when Kio speaks up. He knew that voice - it's been reverberating around his head ever since it insulted the name of his clan. There will be a reckoning; perhaps after the goblin is well and taken care of.

SQUIRM AND ZUGG BREAK FOOT. YOU NO NEED FOOT TO LIVE. NOW, YOU ANSWER QUESTIONS!

Lioslaith
2017-07-25, 11:57 AM
"There is a village to the north and west of here and one to the south and east, though I do not recall which one is closer. Perhaps the villagers could advise us." Cal watches back the way they came in case any goblin scouts were out ahead of the horde.

Kio
2017-07-25, 01:15 PM
Kio raises his hands non-threateningly, to show the villagers that he is unarmed. "It's all right. You're far from danger now, we won't hurt you. I am Kio, and this is Sabra. That's Cal, and that's Allietta, Sadria, and Zugg." He gestures to the respective name-owners.

"What are your names?" Kio asks calmly.

Ramsus
2017-07-26, 12:56 PM

Allietta gets up and comes over, introducing herself even though Kio just did. "Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer" she says, a bit like she's correcting Kio and as before also inexplicably proudly or at least dramatically about it.

Irish Musician
2017-07-26, 03:07 PM
The goblin keeps reeling and chattering, not even paying attention to Zugg's words. You aren't sure if he doesn't understand or is just ignoring him, but the goblin just keeps chattering and trying to get free.

The humans, one man and one woman, are still a little freaked out about a goblin being so near them. Their eyes stay on the goblin as the man answers, "I am Johnathan, this is Martha." They don't take their eyes off of the goblin.

Ajadea
2017-07-26, 05:34 PM
Sabra's mouth twists into a frown as she looks at the goblin. "That is... vulgar," she says, almost as to admonish it. "Do you understand me?" she asks, in Dwarven.

Zergrinch
2017-07-26, 07:22 PM
Zugg scowls as the goblin continues chattering. Deciding that actions speak louder than words, the Goliath takes one of the creature's fingers and starts to hyperextend it.

Therumancer
2017-07-26, 08:21 PM
Sadira says to Jonathan and Martha "My name is Sadira, and your safe now. Do you have any kin we could deliver you to?"

To the Goblin Sadira says in Orcish "Can you understand me?"

Kio
2017-07-27, 12:01 AM
Kio follows the eyes of the villiagers, and glances back at Zugg. He notices what Zugg is doing. Kio hums a little tune, whispers a few words in draconic, and with a flick of his wrist, magic flies out from his fingertips and weaves itself into a large, full, billowing bush, five feet tall and five feet wide.

He positions the bush just in between the two villiagers and the goblin, cutting off their line of sight. Kio adds some blooming flowers to the bush, to make it easier on the eyes. He does this, to hopefully allow the villagers' to divert their attention towards Alli and Sadria.

Kio casts Minor Illusion to create the bush. He makes sure it's full enough to completely block line of sight.
Kio realizes that this may not be the best place to talk. "Hello Johnathan. Hello Martha. Say, both of you, there is soooooo much to talk about, and I must ask you some rather important questions. Why don't you both come take a short walk with Alli and I?"

[roll0]
If they agree to come along, Kio helps them up, motions to Allietta to tag along, and begins to lead the two villiagers off into the forest for a short walk, and a nice little chat (far from screaming goblins) about the surrounding towns.

Irish Musician
2017-07-28, 08:35 AM
The goblin seems to pay no mind to Sabra, as Zugg is bend its finger back almost past the point of breaking, but also it does not seem to recognize the dwarven coming from her. Its ears do perk up when Sadira speaks some orc, but it is too busy biting Zugg's hands to try and stop him from breaking its fingers to bother with talking.

The villagers' eyes get a little wide as Kio weaves his magics, but they do seem a little more at ease when the goblin is out of sight. They nods and agree to walk with Kio and Allietta, standing up and walking with the pair.

Zergrinch
2017-07-28, 10:02 PM
His exasperation with the goblin's futile efforts increasing by the minute, the Goliath eases up on his ministrations on the goblin's finger but grips its wrist hard enough to get its attention. If the goblin refuses to look at him, Zugg grabs its head and twists it so they see eye to eye.

Without a word, the Goliath first brings up his free hand to his own mouth and pantomimes biting it. Then, the hand balls to a fist, and he mimes smashing his own face with his fist. Then, the fist unclenches, and Zugg points a finger to his other hand, and then at the goblin's mouth.

Intimidation: [roll0]

If Zugg is threatening bodily harm, may he use his Strength modifier instead of Charisma when making intimidation checks? If allowed, then the STR mod with proficiency is +9.

Irish Musician
2017-07-29, 10:23 AM
The realization of what Zugg is miming finally starts to sink in, and the goblin looks around him. Enemies everywhere. He then finally calms down and while keeping a side eye on Zugg, turns his head to Sadira, "Rak grxist frc gand nrag jist plok graggle", spitting out the same guttural tongue she used with him.

"I understand you fine, half-breed."

Therumancer
2017-07-31, 02:01 AM
The realization of what Zugg is miming finally starts to sink in, and the goblin looks around him. Enemies everywhere. He then finally calms down and while keeping a side eye on Zugg, turns his head to Sadira, "Rak grxist frc gand nrag jist plok graggle", spitting out the same guttural tongue she used with him.

"I understand you fine, half-breed."

Sadira responds cooly in Orcish

"Why did you burn that village? The people there seemed defenseless.
Did they do something to offend your tribe?"

Zergrinch
2017-07-31, 02:11 AM
Unable to understand anything, Zugg passes custody of the goblin to Lady Sabra, and sits at a distance away, scanning the horizon for any threats to the party.

Irish Musician
2017-08-01, 08:37 AM
Zugg holds the goblin as Sadira ties it up, taking possession of the small, green thing. It then responds to her, "Fizx brul czid driv grangkl qwrt plix mkug."

"Do what I'm told. Told to attack, so attack."

Lioslaith
2017-08-01, 08:43 AM
Cal watches the exchange with the goblin and Sadira a bit before asking her, "Lady Sadira, if you would be so kind as to translate for us?"

Kio
2017-08-01, 12:54 PM
Kio was glad when they were a good enough distance from the group to not have to worry about the goblin anymore (and not just for the sake of the villagers). He took a deep breath, trying to push down any unsteadiness or pain still lingering in his chest. His heart was still racing. The image of the goblin mob pouring over the buildings, the sounds of their cackling, and the flames... This place, what had just happened... It was too close to...

He pushed the image out of his head. Now was not the time. He looked over at the villagers. He knew what they would feel. He knew the chewing, gnawing emptiness of knowing your home is gone. The place where you spent all your childhood years, the roof that you worked so hard to maintain, the voices of people cheering and teasing you.... Gone forever. He wondered if it was setting in yet, or if the shock was still keeping everything dull and fuzzy. It hadn't quite hit Kio full force until three days after he had left his own razed hometown of Fent. He had bit into a trail ration that his dwarf friend had brought, and Kio had thought to himself
These trail rations are gross. I can't wait until i can finally eat Miss Pennel's fresh baked bread agai-
Thats when the dull, hammering pain had become a sharp, cutting pain, returning to torture him almost worse than the event itself.
Miss Pennel was gone.
The bakery was gone.
Kio wouldn't taste Miss Pennel's bread again.
Things were different now.

Kio shakes his head a tiny bit, trying to clear it, and making sure not to stare at the villagers.
Not now. Focus! This is important!

"Johnathan, Martha. I need to know a few important things. Firstly, I need to know the name of your town. Secondly, I need to know the name and direction of the closest town over, so that we can get you there safely. Thirdly, I need to know if you've ever heard of something like this happening before. Even if it's only happened far away, I need to know where these goblins came from. Do they have some sort of a den, or pit, or origin of any nature? It's all right if you don't know."

Irish Musician
2017-08-02, 03:43 PM
Johnathan and Martha still seemed fairly shaken, but something about Kio put them at ease as he talked. Johnathan, who seemed to be maybe mid-twenties, answered first, "Our town really didn't have much of a name, it was just home. I came here a couple of years ago with......" he paused and his head sunk as he put his hand to his face, sliding it down past his jawline and back off his face. He seemed to be trying to compose himself. When he spoke again, his voice cracked and there were fairly obvious tears in his eyes, "......with my wife, Karen. We were just living, starting to build a family together. There's, uh, a small village up north and west a bit. There's a larger town south and east, and it's a little closer than the other village. It's name is.....umm...... Martha, do you remember its name?"

The woman spoke up, who looked to be more in her late 30's or early 40's. She spoke as if her mind seemed far away, "I....ummm.....I can't recall right now. Jaynsford? Jinsford? Something....something like that. It has been some time since I've been there. I've only been here about 6 months or so........" Martha's mind seems to wander off into the distance, getting lost in some far world.

Johnathan spoke up again, seeming to be a bit more composed, "Goblins. Umm....yeah. There are some bands in the area that bother the towns and villages from time to time. We can usually fight them off with minimal casualties. But this.........we've not seen an attack like this.........." His eyes seem to glaze over a bit as well, and he stares into the distance as if he, too, is off on some distance land.....or battlefield......

Ajadea
2017-08-02, 11:52 PM
Sadira's words get through to the goblin, at least. Sabra nods. "I can understand it, though I cannot respond," she tells the rest of the group, tapping the thin circlet she wears. "The magic on this only goes so far. The goblin was apparently commanded to attack the village. Sadira, could you ask the goblin who commanded it? And whether there are more hordes besides the one we fought?"

Therumancer
2017-08-03, 07:21 PM
Sadira will translate for the Goblin in the conversation so far. Saying "The goblin claims to have just been following orders" to begin with

Sadira (translating as things go on) will ask "Who is the leader of your horde? Also I figure a smart goblin like you must have some idea why this horde was formed. Are there any more hordes like this one roaming the forest?"

[roll0] (Persuasion attempt through flattery by praising the goblin's intelligence)

Irish Musician
2017-08-07, 08:26 AM
The Goblin eyes Sadira suspiciously, looking her over and thinking about.....something. It seems to finally decide something. "Brak dent frnt grum frax crax surlix blaccak kram drang lind wrax qint gluurg jammanx pragin guur drigaon jim."

"No other force like ours, ever. We the bestest, the greatest. We no will lose."

Kio
2017-08-07, 11:40 AM
Kio nods understandingly. "Jaynsford, to the south-east. That's wonderful, both of you, thank you. Then we'll be heading there first. We'll drop you off and warn the authorities, and you will both be safe."
Kio notices a small area of the forest that is well-lit and pleasant. He hops up onto a large rock and has a seat. He takes Echo off of his back and brushes off a bit of char from the sheet that was burned away by the fireball. He tells the villagers that he would like to play them a song, and proceeds.

[roll0]
He laces the song with both pain and hope. He keeps playing for quite some time, the tone of the song shifting from pain and loss to healing and bravery, rocking back and forth through emotions and guiding the villagers gently through grief and subtly towards healing. This is not a process that can possibly be completed in a half an hour, but Kio hopes the song will remain with them in the weeks and months to come. After a while, he finishes, and begins leading the two back towards the others.

- Kio keeps the villagers occupied in the woods for a while
- Kio will rejoin the group with the villagers after all goblin-discussion is finished

Ramsus
2017-08-07, 12:20 PM

Allietta enjoys the song, swaying back and forth to it with her tail swishing about.

Therumancer
2017-08-07, 10:30 PM
The Goblin eyes Sadira suspiciously, looking her over and thinking about.....something. It seems to finally decide something. "Brak dent frnt grum frax crax surlix blaccak kram drang lind wrax qint gluurg jammanx pragin guur drigaon jim."

"No other force like ours, ever. We the bestest, the greatest. We no will lose."

(if she can understand this, I'm assuming the conversation is still in Orcish) Sadira continues in Orcish
"... and who is the mighty Warlord who assembled this incredible fighting force? Surely he must be quite fearsome."

Irish Musician
2017-08-08, 08:55 AM
Yes, sorry. It is still in Orcish

The goblin shoots Sadira a look and narrows its eyes. "Brak crun griv crax drix frunt brust ernit dweleta."

"You find out soon, owlbear fodder."

Lioslaith
2017-08-08, 03:15 PM
Cal snorts as the conversation is relayed and translated. Stepping forward and drawing one of his weapons he looks at the goblin coldly, "Bah! This creature is not going to give us any information we can use or even act upon. I say let me kill it and be done with it. We can take the villagers to the nearest village and spread word that way."

His grip tightens on the blade as he watches the creature.

Therumancer
2017-08-08, 09:04 PM
Sadira says to Cal "While I'd love to slash it's throat, technically the goblin is our prisoner. We might leave him tied to a tree for others to find or something, but I'm not sure if we should execute him."

Sadira addresses the Goblin again in Orcish assuming it can't understand what she just said to Cal "You might want to be more cooperative, I'm a nice girl. Cal and Zugg on the other hand are who you'll have to deal with if you don't answer my questions. I'm sure your aware of the reputation of dark elves

Intimidation attempt

[roll0]

Zergrinch
2017-08-08, 09:14 PM
Zugg shoots the goblin a look, and points first to his fist and then at the goblin's face. He doesn't know what they are talking about, but he knows the undertones of a threat when he hears it in any language.

Aid Intimidation: [roll0]. If successful, grant advantage to Sadira.

Ajadea
2017-08-08, 10:35 PM
Sabra folds her arms as she listens to the goblin's crude words. "If it gives us no more useful information, you have my leave to execute it. We know at least that this is an organized band, preying on settlements. It behooves us to deliver this news as quickly as possible to others."

Irish Musician
2017-08-09, 09:40 AM
The goblin hears Sadira's word and sees Zugg's actions. His eyes narrow and he spits right in Sadira's face, "Blach greck flec trin grant." He then uses his other hand to give a gesture to Zugg. Zugg doesn't know its exact meaning, but it has been displayed at Zugg before by goblins in Zugg's past. And Zugg knows it is quite insulting. The goblin the kicks dirt at Zugg, turns around, pulls down its loincloth, and moons the large goliath, cackling all the while.

"Burn in the Nine Hells, outsider."

Zergrinch
2017-08-09, 10:45 AM
Zugg's countenance darkens. That gesture was uncalled for. Truly, if the goblin wishes to bare its backside at all and sundry, the Goliath has the perfect punishment in mind.

First, Zugg hunts about for a rock of the appropriate size. Not too rough, but not too smooth either so as to not damage its sphincter.

Can Zugg find such a rock? Or will he just have to shove the goblin's own dagger up its arse?

Investigation: [roll0]

Therumancer
2017-08-09, 08:59 PM
Sadira wipes the spittle off her face "Gross, I agree we should kill him now. I was feeling merciful, but not anymore"

Sadira notices what Zugg is about to attempt and decides to stay back and watch.

Lioslaith
2017-08-10, 08:16 AM
When the goblin spits in Sadira's face Cal reacts swiftly though he is far enough away for the thing to finish it's taunt of the huge warrior. Kicking the goblin head over heels from it's arse bearing position he kneels on its chest quickly and slits it throat, all the while staring coldly into its eyes.

"Filthy creatures. I have only ever met a scant handful worthy of an honorable death. My apologies master Zugg, as the insult was directed at you, but I could suffer it's putrescence no longer."

Kio
2017-08-11, 01:08 PM
Not long after this, Kio returns with the villagers. Kio had an inkling that whatever the group had done to the Goblin wouldn't be pretty, and so he was leading a ways in front of the two villagers and Allietta, just in case. he was glad for this, as the bleeding goblin was still splayed out on the ground upon his return. Kio whistles a little tune, snapping his fingers in a subtle rhythm. These small gestures and sounds weave into a small illusion that shimmers over the body of the dead goblin, making the spot on the ground appear perfectly goblin-less, though Kio couldn't do anything about the smell.

Casting Minor Illusion to conceal the body of the Goblin. Will re-cast each minute until the villagers are out of the area.
"Our friends here told Allietta and I that the nearest town to here is Jaynsford, to the south-east!""

Kio turns, and lets the villagers and Allietta catch up before he asks "Alli, do you think you could fly up high and see if you can find any paths or signs of a town in that direction?"

Ramsus
2017-08-12, 12:52 PM

"Sure thing! Mind giving me a boost?" Allietta replies chipperly and cups her hands together stretched out in front of her and mimes lifting violently, indicating this is what she wants Kio to do.

Zergrinch
2017-08-12, 08:59 PM
Zugg releases his frustration by stomping over to the dead goblin, rearing back his foot, and kicking the thing's head at full force. The violence is enough to pop the goblin's head clean off, and it bounces up into the trees like a bouncing ball.

Kio
2017-08-17, 05:53 PM
"Sure!"

Kio nods to Alli, stepping back and bracing his hands together as she had mimed, ready to fling her up into the air with all his strength! (Which, admittedly, wasn't much, but she didn't look too terribly heavy. How hard could it be?)

[roll0]

Ramsus
2017-08-18, 12:46 PM

Allietta quickly steps onto Kio's hands, already beginning to flap her wings, and leaps off at the zenith of the boost with a great, "WHOOSH!" Which is far more impressive of a sound than what actually occurs from the boost and her wings as she then flies up into the air and searches for any paths or signs of a town to the south-east.

Perception in case it's needed: [roll0]

Irish Musician
2017-08-19, 11:36 PM
As you zoom into the sky, you see many things. One of which is a well-worn path that seems to lead right in the direction of the town in question.

You also see, more south-west of your location, something odd. It is as if in a large radius, the tops of the trees have been melted away. The tree are still standing, but the very tops of them seem to be slightly melted away.

Ramsus
2017-08-20, 12:16 PM

Allietta swoops back down, considers landing on Zugg, then reconsiders since they have company and just lands on the ground instead and says, "Yup. I found the path and saw the town. I also saw something really weird. Over that way" she points to the south-west, "there tops of the trees are... weird. Maybe we should check that out after?"

Kio
2017-08-21, 12:27 AM
Kio tilts his head curiously "The treetops are... weird? Weird how? Like, they're a different color, or something?"

Therumancer
2017-08-21, 03:29 AM
Sadira says "I'm all for heading for the town, but after having expended so much magic I think we might want to avoid weird trees"

Lioslaith
2017-08-21, 06:37 AM
"How far away are the weird trees? Close enough I could check it out then return to the group as they make their way to town?" Cal is considering checking them out stealthily then rejoining the group if it's not too far out of the way.

Zergrinch
2017-08-21, 06:52 AM
Zugg looks at the puny tiefling like she's crazy. Weird treetops? Zugg prefers the relative safety of terra firma, thank you very much.

The goliath says nothing, however.

Ramsus
2017-08-21, 12:37 PM

Zugg's look doesn't register to Allietta because she thinks this is just how surface people sometimes look at other people since she gets that look all the time.

"Like..... melted? That's weird right? I'm pretty sure that's weird." Allietta replies and then indicates how far away they were because that's information she totally knows even though I have no clue.

Irish Musician
2017-08-21, 12:59 PM
Allietta totally knows that the "weird" trees are probably 2-3 miles from where you are now.

Lioslaith
2017-08-21, 01:37 PM
Cal ponders this, "And how far away is the village, if you were to guess? The trees I can get to in about an hour, a few minutes to scout it and then an hour back to here. If you start a slow walk to the village I can likely rejoin you all in about 3 hours. Or the tiefling can fly there and back much faster." Cal pauses for a moment, "Or we can simply ignore it."

Therumancer
2017-08-21, 10:22 PM
"I wouldn't recommend splitting the group, I'd suggest coming back for it later. It's possible the people of the village know more about it. Whatever can melt trees is likely to represent a formidible opponent. That said I'll defer to the wishes of the group"

Ramsus
2017-08-22, 12:43 PM
Allietta explains how far away the town is too.

Lioslaith
2017-08-22, 01:05 PM
Cal nods to Sadira, "I've no intention of engaging it m'Lady. Merely a scouting mission. However it is a legitimate concern."

Kio
2017-08-23, 07:45 PM
Kio nods, frowning a bit. "That is a bit strange. Melted treetops. Never heard of that one before, and I've heard of quite a bit. Pardon my pushiness but I think it's important to get our new friends here to a safe place as soon as possible. If Cal says he can handle himself than he can. Trust me. Let's head off towards the the town now, before those goblins catch up to us, or something else decides to ruin our day. Cal will catch up to us with more information."

Kio wasn't usually so pushy. He just really wanted to be as far away from those goblins as he could possibly be, and he was eager to warn the nearest town of the danger.

"Cal. Do you want me with you, or are you going this one alone?"

Lioslaith
2017-08-23, 08:12 PM
Cal shakes his head at Kio, "You would just slow me down my friend. If it is decided I should go I would go alone. You are better off here looking after these people." It is said in an older brother tone, not meant to be hurtful at all. Simple, honest, direct and perhaps a bit less harsh since Kio is a friend.

Kio
2017-08-24, 02:34 PM
Kio is quiet for a moment, then nods. "Right. Of course."

The dragonborn turns and smiles to everyone. "Anybody want a song for the road? I know a few ballads that'll put a pep in your steps! How about... 'Saint Rorick's Rollicking Romp?' I love that one!"

Zergrinch
2017-08-24, 07:54 PM
Zugg rolls his eyes at the Bard's screeching noises. The Goliath simply stats close to Lady Sabra as they set out to the town.

Ramsus
2017-08-25, 11:11 AM

Allietta nods her head vigorously and her eyes sparkle with delight.

Irish Musician
2017-08-28, 04:29 PM
Cal
You part ways with the rest of the group and start on the arduous journey of getting to that grouping of trees that Allietta saw. You travel for about an hour and start to see signs of some "melted trees." Not very prominent at first, and only here and there. When you are about a mile from the trees, you start to smell something.....funky. A bog. Your feet get heavy as you start to walk, and there is a fog that obscures your long distance sight. And there seems to be very thick brush and plants grown all over. Cal, you know how long it takes you get to places. This is something you and the hunter have figured out over time. Once you hit that one mile mark, what you thought would take you about 30 minutes, takes you an hour.

You finally get to the "melted" trees, and the description the Tiefling gave you isn't too far off from what it looks like. From the tops down, it always looks as though the leaves and trees were max sculptures that had been heated from above and just melted down to the ground. Bark, leaves, limbs....they all just melt down. There in front of you is an open copse of trees that seemed to have been melted. This is a first for both you and the hunter.

If you want to make any rolls, do so now.

Also, and you stealthing or not? If so, make a roll.

The Group
With the dragonborn's songs guiding you, you all take off down the road with the villagers to this new village, Jaynsford, Jinsfaith, or whatever it was called. Once you hit the road that supposedly leads to the town, the going is quick. The road is in good shape, but had a lot of wear and tear on it, like it is used often. About 4 miles down the road you notice that the forest starts to get thinner, until about a mile from that point is it naught but fields with a few sparse trees here and there. The going is pretty quick down the road.

Trying to keep the time lines fairly equal between y'all and Cal. So if there is any "road talk" you want to do, feel free. If not, no big deal.

Make any knowledge or perception rolls you'd like to at the time. Or not if you don't want to.

Lioslaith
2017-08-28, 05:23 PM
Cal notices the change in travel speed immediately but decides to press on. Definitely making an effort to keep quiet.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Irish Musician
2017-08-29, 10:17 AM
Cal

You move through the area with stealthy ease, but something makes you halt. You don't see anything, but the hunter's instinct perk up and voice echos in your head, Something is watching this area...... You are at the edge of the trees, not yet stepping into the clearing.

Lioslaith
2017-08-29, 10:51 AM
Cal stops a the edge, and becomes completely motionless, watching the clearing carefully, studying everything. Looking for anything out of place, something to trigger his instincts.

Can we take 10 or 20 on a perception roll? Essentially in hunter mode waiting for prey at this point.

[roll0]

Obviously that would be 24 if taking 20 is allowed.

Irish Musician
2017-08-29, 12:57 PM
Cal

You peer around, but don't see anything move. Though you do notice, now that you are taking stock of the scene a little more, that below where the trees are melted there seems to be quite a few skeletons that are in the bog. From the look of them, they are most likely goblinoid in nature, ranging in size. This also doesn't look too fresh, but not yet a week old either.

Kio
2017-08-29, 02:16 PM
Kio teaches Alli the words to the song and encourages her to sing along.

Lioslaith
2017-08-30, 08:20 AM
Cal picks up a small fist sized rock and tosses it into the middle of the clearing, looking for some sort of reaction or movement either there or on the perimeter.

Irish Musician
2017-08-30, 09:06 AM
Cal

The rock hurls through the air and hits the ground, sounding like it just fell into thick oil, giving off a deep sound.

Lioslaith
2017-08-30, 10:23 AM
Interesting. Cal finds a long stick and carefully probes the ground to find the edge of the pool. Ready to leap away should something emerge from it to try and grab him.

Irish Musician
2017-08-30, 11:12 AM
Cal
You don't need a stick to see that, now you are looking closer, the water that is nearest you is a brownish-green. As it gets to the center, it starts to turn a black.

Ramsus
2017-08-30, 12:42 PM
Psionic Focus: Nomadic Mind (Performance)

Allietta uses her mental powers to attune herself better to the concept of performance art and sings along.... Not terribly. It seems like she's having a lot of fun though.

Performance: [roll0]

Zergrinch
2017-08-30, 10:34 PM
A sour expression forms on Zugg's face as the puny squeaking of the bard is now joined in concert by the tiny tiefling. How irritating it is, and yet Zugg cannot silence them. Comrades in arms, after all.

Lioslaith
2017-08-31, 12:22 PM
Something keeps nagging at the back of Cal's mind and he decides to let this lay and get back to the group to report.

Therumancer
2017-09-02, 10:55 PM
Assuming he isn't stopped during his return:

Sadira welcomes Cal back "Anything interesting, or should we move on"

Lioslaith
2017-09-05, 01:56 PM
Catching back up to the group as they make their way down the path to the village Cal nods to the group and says, "Interesting yes, but not enough to deter our present course."

Irish Musician
2017-09-05, 03:31 PM
You all arrive outside the small village, and wait for a moment to make sure Cal catches up to you before you go into the town. Twenty minutes goes by, then thirty. Soon it is an hour later and he still hasn't shown back up to meet you.

About two hours later, Cal finally meets with you outside the town. Slightly dirty, and a little stinky, but seems to be all in one piece. The sun is setting in the west and the town seems to be just about ready to close up for the night.

Lioslaith
2017-09-06, 12:06 PM
"We should stay here for the night and then continue our quest?" Cal says this as a suggestion and a question. "I, for one, could use a bath."

Ramsus
2017-09-06, 01:28 PM
Psionic Focus: Nomadic Mind (Performance)

"Yeah you could!" Allietta says, apparently taking this as a request as she unleashes a torrent of water that dumps down on Cal's head. With a laugh she prepares to take off running if he attempts to retaliate for her prank.

Usinging 2 psi points to use Watery Grasp. I assume I'm allowed to cause the water to appear in a fraction of the area and without enough force to do harm.

She'll also use a bonus action for Mystic Recovery and regain 2 hp.

Zergrinch
2017-09-06, 08:55 PM
Zugg attempts to find suitable accommodations for the group.

General d20: [roll0]

Irish Musician
2017-09-07, 09:08 AM
After giving the drow a bath, the group walks into town just before the gates to the town close. This is definitely more fortified than the little village you all just came from defending. Zugg does his best to talk to someone to find an Inn, or whatever, for you all to sleep in...but people just keep quickly walking away. Eventually, two guards come up to Zugg, with the group close behind, "Oi, big man. We 'eard y'all was causin' troubles. What dy'all want here in J---sf--." The guard says the name of the town, but his accent is so thick and he says it so quickly, you aren't able to discern what letters he is actually using, save for a few......you think......

Zergrinch
2017-09-07, 12:26 PM
Zugg's eyes narrow, he clenches his fists, and draws himself to his full height.

WE MAKE TROUBLE? SAY WHO? ZUGG ONLY LOOK PLACE TO STAY.

Irish Musician
2017-09-07, 12:54 PM
Both of the guards move a hand to their swords, raising their shields slightly, "Actin' all big 'n though ain't gonna do no good 'ere. If'in you wanna start troubles, you can go sleep outside tha walls. We don't take kindly to no violence here in are town."

The guard speaks with confidence, but there is a definite quiver in his voice as he does.

Ajadea
2017-09-07, 06:31 PM
"I think we could all use a bath," Sabra remarks. She still feels slightly cooked. She'd walked most of the way to Jaynsford, so as to let the villagers ride on Firenze, who at this point looks like she's willing to bite anyone within range, including the guards that have now approached. Sabra warns her and Zugg off with a simple raised hand. "We mean no trouble. My comrades and I came here from a small village to the northwest, just off the road to Fent. The village was sacked this afternoon by a goblin force of considerable size. Have you heard of unusual goblin activity in the area recently?"

Irish Musician
2017-09-08, 10:10 AM
The guards talk to Sabra, she clearly looking a bit less smashy, but don't take their side eyes off Zugg. "That littlin' village? It's sacked? Whoa." Both the guards sober up for a moment, and the same one continues, "Goblins? We get'em from time to time. Why we gots our walls so high. A 'uge force? Naw. Never morein' foree or so of 'em that come up to fight. An' they sca-er pretty easy like. How big tha force you seen?" The guards are getting a little uneasy about this "goblin force of considerable size".

Ajadea
2017-09-08, 09:20 PM
Sabra's mouth moves silently as she tries to parse the guards' words through their particularly thick southern accents. Even after all these years, it could be a struggle at times. "There were considerably more than... forty goblins. We must have killed nearly that many trying to escape. I would estimate two hundred, at least, including warlords and spellcasters," she says.

Zergrinch
2017-09-08, 09:49 PM
Zugg forces himself to relax, and scratches an itch at his rear end before bringing the finger to his nose and sniffing it.

"GOBLINS PUNY. ZUGG SMASH BUT TOO MANY PUNY STILL HARD. MAYBE THEY COME HERE NEXT," he suggests with a smirk.

Therumancer
2017-09-09, 01:10 AM
Sadira quietly adds "These Goblins also didn't scare easily, they seemed quite riled up and willing to die for whomever their leader is. I tried to interrogate one and he just wouldn't reveal anything, even who gathered the horde"

Zergrinch
2017-09-09, 01:49 AM
"WE GO," the Goliath booms out. "THEY NO WANT US HELP. LET GOBLIN HORDE SMASH THEM."

Irish Musician
2017-09-11, 09:39 AM
The guards' eyes grow quite a bit larger at the news of so many goblins, not really paying attention to Sabra's correction of their words. " 'undreds you say? We ain't neva had nuttin' like that 'round 'here. Come wiv us, you need to be talkin' to tha leader 'ere. He needs ta know this." The soldiers motion that you should follow them.

Lioslaith
2017-09-12, 11:48 AM
Cal falls in line with the others hanging back at the rear of the group scanning the village for signs of anything out of place.

[roll0]

....and he sees ... salad.

Ramsus
2017-09-12, 01:00 PM

Allietta follows along, still humming a tune from earlier.

Therumancer
2017-09-13, 12:29 AM
Sadira follows the group to see the leader.

Zergrinch
2017-09-13, 12:43 AM
Zugg's face is inscrutable as he stands behind Lady Sabra and waits for her to react.

Kio
2017-09-13, 03:34 PM
Now that he's back in a town and far from goblins, Kio feels a little bit better. He casts minor illusion to make the feather on his hat twice as floofy.

Ajadea
2017-09-14, 10:33 PM
Sabra nods. "Then take us there." She turns to Zugg. "If you would prefer to find a place to rest, you're welcome to go. I doubt all of us need to deliver this message."

Zergrinch
2017-09-14, 10:41 PM
Zugg shakes his head. "ZUGG FOLLOW LADY SABRA. KEEP SAFE."

Irish Musician
2017-09-15, 09:10 AM
The guards lead you to the center of town, which of course gets you many strange looks from the people there. They range from fear, to confusion, to interest, but most eyes are on you. When you finally arrive, you walk up to a large building that seems to be fairly official...symbols and writings all over it. There's even a small map of the town just outside. There are a few guards posted around the building, and it seems to be two stories tall, with windows all around it. Looks more like an office building than a home. " 'ere's where the Mayor be stayin'. Is our Town Hall o' sorts, but also 'is 'ome.
Come on then, let's go see what 'e's up to. This news'll give a right bit o' a scare." The guards lead you up some steps to the front doors.

As you walk into the building you see that it isn't fancy by normal big-city standards, but it is quite nice inside. There are lamps and candles lit everywhere so you can see everything clearly. There are normal "town hall" knick knacks all around. Pictures, plaques, etc, and the guard starts up the stairs to the second floor. He takes you to a room with two doors and knocks on it, opening it slightly poking his head in. There are some garbled words from him and someone else inside the room, and the guard pokes his head back out of the room, to you all. "Right. He'll be seein' ya now."

If/when you enter the room, Zugg needing to duck through the doorway, you see a fairly large room. It is about 15ft tall, and is about 20ft x 30ft dimensions. There is an older man sitting behind a desk, maybe in this early to mid 50's, with reading glasses lowered to the end of his nose. He looks up from whatever he is working on and looks at all of you. His common is quite a bit easier to follow, "Well,
I'll say that this is quite the interesting night for me. A hearty group of adventurers coming to see a small town's mayor about some goblins it seems." He stands slightly, motioning for those that would like to sit, to sit. There are only about 4 chairs scatters around the room, so it seems to be up to you. "I am Alias West, the Mayor of this town. Seems there was trouble in a small village a little bit north of us? Tell me about that."

Ajadea
2017-09-15, 09:10 PM
Sabra pulls up a chair and sits down directly across from the mayor. "I would not have disturbed your evening rest were this not a matter of utmost importance. I am Lady Sabra Lang, of Dagain's Breach. My companions and I were traveling to Fent when we spotted smoke on the horizon. There we found a village just off the road being sacked by a horde of goblins. We must have killed dozens of goblins in the battle that ensued, but our efforts did not seem to notably weaken their forces, and we could only save two of the villagers." Her gaze falls for a second, but she collects herself just as quickly. "As I told your guards, I would estimate the size of the horde to be approximately two hundred, including multiple spellcasters and warlords. And I sincerely doubt they would stop at one village."

Lioslaith
2017-09-16, 12:12 PM
Standing just off to the side of Zugg and Sabra, nearly within the sparse shadows the room offers, Cal echo's the Lady's words, succinct as ever, "They will not."

Zergrinch
2017-09-16, 08:27 PM
Still caked in crusty goblin blood, Zugg idly scratches an annoying itch on his back with his own sword, the blade still stained from the happenings earlier. Thinking it over, the Goliath realizes that he should have freshened up beforehand.

Irish Musician
2017-09-18, 12:14 PM
Alias listened to the story and nodded at the end. His face seems a bit serious, but he doesn't react like the soldiers did. "Well, I thank you for this information, and for the rescue of the two villagers you could save. Goblins are filthy creatures that have no moral compass. I will write to the Dwarves in the west and to Hytera in the North. Hopefully we will get some help before the horde falls on us. As for the two you saved, we will take them in and make sure they are taken care of here. They are now under our protection." The older man smiles, as he looks the goliath up and down, "As for you all, I'm sure that you'd like to get a bath and have a good nights rest with a hot meal. Please, take this note," he speaks to you as he writes out a note, rolls it up, and stamps it closed, ",to the Prancing Pony Inn and give this to the proprietor, Olan. He will take care of you for the night. As long as you don't start any fights, you are welcome in our town. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Ramsus
2017-09-18, 12:44 PM

"A bath sounds nice! I can fix up my hair." Allietta responds, though mostly she's talking to herself.

Therumancer
2017-09-18, 03:44 PM
Sadira bows her head slightly and says "Thank you for your hospitality" she then adds "On our way here we noticed some peculiar trees, they seemed to have their tops melted. Do you know anything about them?"

Irish Musician
2017-09-18, 03:53 PM
The Mayor tilts his head to the right, "Melted trees? Hmm, no never seen anything like that. Did you hear it from the guards? I think they might be pulling your legs a bit."