PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Making Ahri (LoL) in D&D 3.5

Matrota
2017-04-18, 06:44 PM
I have a friend who has recently become interested in getting into D&D, and they want to recreate Ahri from League of Legends as a D&D 3.5e character. Is there anything in the books/dragon mags that would work for a race similar to hers, or would it need to be homebrewed? Only thing I can think of is anthropomorphic fox, and those are covered head to toe in fur, which isn't exactly what Ahri is.

In terms of classes, I'd say she'd likely be either a sorcerer or a warlock, maybe using travel devotion or something like that to mimic her ult dashes. What do y'all think?

mastermisha1
2017-04-18, 08:20 PM
I think that hengeyokai from oriental adventures may fit the bill for the race.

Vizzerdrix
2017-04-19, 01:39 PM
D&D 3.x lacks a kitsune. You will either have to refluff, make one, or snag the one from pathfinder.

Gildedragon
2017-04-19, 01:53 PM
Something with a divine minion template. Just fox (dog) would be a +1 LA

Karl Aegis
2017-04-19, 02:20 PM
You are a fox that was polymorphed into a human and can cast cloud of knives. Done.

Geddy2112
2017-04-19, 03:17 PM
Porting over a kitsune from pathfinder is a good choice for race and with a lot of feats you can even get nine tails. For class, I would go fey bloodline sorcerer.

Remuko
2017-04-19, 05:11 PM
People keep saying kitsune but shes not a kitsune shes a gumiho which is a korean fox spirit thing thats different from kitsune iirc.

ATHATH
2017-04-19, 06:33 PM
A Fangshields Druid can cause their Wildshape forms to have hands instead of paws.

You could always just refluff the appearance of another race (like, say, a Tibbit).

Prime32
2017-04-19, 06:55 PM
As mentioned, Oriental Adventures has hengeyokai races, including foxes. They're animals that can take human form, or a hybrid form with claws/fangs/etc.

In 3.0 they have the Shapechanger type, which isn't a thing in 3.5. However, the writers of the 3.5 update article missed that they were supposed to be animals, and made them Humanoid (shapechanger) rather than Magical Beast (shapechanger). At least it also reduced their LA from +1 to +0...

Pathfinder's kitsune race is a port of the 3.5 fox hengeyokai, but with the animal form removed and turned into a feat.

As for Ahri's abilities... I don't play LoL, but looking at this wiki page (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ahri), a Shadow Sun NinjaToB could pull off a high-mobility character who can steal energy from others and use it for healing. Warlock is also a good fit, as is Soul EaterBoVD (if you're okay with evil alignments).