PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying What Oath would a Warforged or a Duergar paladin follow?

Xalestra
2017-04-18, 09:14 PM
I know the answer can actually be just about any, but which thematically in your opinion fits best? I'm looking at N or LN alignments

chainer1216
2017-04-18, 10:08 PM
Warforged? Oath of the Crown. They're fantasy A.I. robots, all about law with a little bit ambiguity on the good<-->evil scale.

JumboWheat01
2017-04-18, 10:12 PM
I definitely agree with Crown for Warforged, though Devotion wouldn't be too far-fetched. Ancients is probably right out, Warforged don't seem the majorly emotional sort that Ancients seems to attract. They may make fair Vengeance Paladins as well, since they could easily form a single-minded focus on a certain target, and the fact that they don't really need to sleep means more time for chasing said target down.

Duergar would probably be Crown as well, though Vengeance does seem fitting for them as well. Duergar are not nice poeple.

jaappleton
2017-04-18, 10:52 PM
Warforged? Crown, all the way.

Deurgar? Hmm... An option from the UA? Treachery?

Arkhios
2017-04-18, 11:06 PM
Yeah, Warforged were originally created for the service of nations as expendable infantry, so it would make a lot of sense for them to have made an Oath to the Crown(s).

Not sure about Duergar though, I'm not too familiar with their culture, except that they're a bit resentful towards their non-duergar-cousins, so I guess Vengeance maybe?