PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition. Help Request.

Metahuman1
2017-04-18, 10:31 PM
Hello. So, I'm trying to make sense of the minion rules. And all I seem to be able to locate don the SRD is one stat block for a criminal minion. I'm, confused. Wasn't there suppose to be like more rules for them then this one stat block? Can someone explain? Or link the rest of the rules cause my google fu seems to be failing me?

Drakeburn
2017-04-19, 12:11 AM
There actually are more to minions than just a stat block. I'm sure you can find it in the SRD either under Gamemastering or Running the Game (I can't remember which one it is).

Anyways, minions go by special rules such as:

- Minions cannot score critical hits against non-minion characters.

- Non-minion characters can make attack checks against minions as routine checks.

- If a minion fails a resistance check, the minion suffers the worst degree of the effect. For example, if a minion were to fail a Damage resistance check, that minion would become incapacitated. It wouldn't matter if he had four or one degrees of failure. If he doesn't succeed on his resistance check, he's out for the count. Period.

- There are certain traits that are more effective against or specifically target minions (like the Takedown advantage).

Katrina
2017-04-20, 03:41 AM
Core book page 193. Chapter 8: Action and Adventure. Pretty much says what he already said.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-04-20, 07:54 AM
Scroll down to the big "Minions" heading here: http://www.d20herosrd.com/9-gamemastering/8-action-adventure/

But Drakeburn covered most of it. The key points are that they can't crit and that if they're hit, they're pretty much gone. (I like to houserule out the "attack them as routine checks" bit, ban Takedown 2, and add in D&D style Evasion so they take no effect on a successful save against an AoE, but that's all because i really like using minions and I don't want one character to sweep the whole board in a single turn)