PDA

View Full Version : is there a deity of Blood in 3.5?

SangoProduction
2017-04-19, 03:15 AM
As it says on the tin. Are there any? Even gods of Lifeblood is close enough. I could do with a god of vampires if nothing else exists.

Uncle Pine
2017-04-19, 03:24 AM
Blood of Vol? It's in Eberron.

xkroku
2017-04-19, 03:56 AM
Kanchelsis (DR359 p121) - God of Blood and Vampirism; his symbol is a Red-eyed Bat.
Mockery (Eb p70) - One of The Dark Six, not really god of blood, but one of his nicknames is "Sovereign of Betrayal & Blood"; his symbol is Five Blood-Spattered Tools.
Blood of Vol (Eb p70) - The Blood God; Monstrous Mask around a Drop of Blood.
Afflux (LM p16) - Undead diety. Not called a god of blood, but one of his nicknames is "Bloodfather", that's close righr?; and his symbol is a Drop of Blood.

That's all I could find, hope I helped :smallbiggrin:

SangoProduction
2017-04-19, 04:08 AM
all evil? Man that sucks. Oh well, it's not like I use prewritten gods anyway.

Rynjin
2017-04-19, 04:13 AM
all evil? Man that sucks. Oh well, it's not like I use prewritten gods anyway.

Well, duh. Blood is evil.

That's why skeletons are always Lawful Good.

Gildedragon
2017-04-19, 04:15 AM
Usually gods of the hunt or gods of weapons tend to be associated with blood.
It depends on what aspects of blood one wants to address.

Within the core pantheon Erythnihul (sp) could feasibility be a god of blood(shed)
As could Gruumsh, Corellon L (because of their warrior connotations and their bloodline focus), Moradin (as the two previous and because of his association with metal tools), Obad Hai (nature, blood, hunt), Elohna (as before)
Even Pelor (no not because of slaughter) by virtue of his association with medicine could be associated with bloodletting and chiurgery and hence blood.
Kord, with his focus on vitality and strength would make a good blood God too. Heck he has the Kord-Blooded* template to his name!

*Vecna also has a blooded template but that can't be blood, in the lich-god's veins. Embalming fluid maybe

Pronounceable
2017-04-19, 04:19 AM
You can get blood out of many deities if you squeeze them hard enough, any deity with healing or killing can be twisted towards bloodletting with small effort. And if you specifically want good, equate blood to life and anyone from Lathander to Ehlonna is open for business. Or if you want pretentious douchebags to worship, modify ones with crap like "nobility" and "racial purity" for blood's one of many many connotations (aka Corellon/Moradin/Lolth/Gruumsh/Zarus/whatsherface from FR).

Eldan
2017-04-19, 04:41 AM
A few more that could be argued to have blood connotations:

Karaan, god of savagery, cannibalism and lycanthropy. Very evil.
Tem-et-Nu: goddess of rivers, wealth, life, victory and agriculture. Rivers are the lifeblood of civilization.
Hecate: Greek, originally, but she's in Dieties and Demigods, so that counts. Goddess of crossroads, magic, witchcraft, sorcery, necromancy, ghosts, poisons, snakes. She is associated with blood in some myths, if not in D&D, and her sacrifices are of animals bled into a pit at midnight.
Daragor: another lycanthrope god. God of bloodlust and pain. Also evil.
Siamorphe: Forgotten Realms diety of noble blood.

Uncle Pine
2017-04-19, 06:58 AM
There's also that article in one of the Dragon magazines about bloodbathing in dinosaurs' blood to gain their powers. I believe it was associated with a deity of blood and dinosaurs, but I may be mistaken.

Thurbane
2017-04-19, 07:48 AM
From Greyhawk:

Camazotz (CE)
Erythnul (CE)
Ilneval (NE)
Luthic (NE)
Maglubiyet (NE)
Urdlen (CE)

hamishspence
2017-04-19, 07:53 AM
Greyhawk's Hextor has Blood Golems (Fiend Folio) - which may suggest some connection between blood and his portfolio of evil war deity.

Faerun's Malar, another "lycanthrope & hunt" deity like Karaan, as "Black Blood Cultists" as one of his organizations.

Telonius
2017-04-19, 11:29 AM
Ilmater is the only blood-related Good deity I can think of.