PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pathfinder - Mythic - Can someone explain Channel Power to me?

Barstro
2017-04-19, 10:26 AM
Channel Power (Su)

You gain the ability to channel raw arcane power into a spell. You can also expend one use of mythic power when casting an arcane spell to increase its damage by 50%. If the spell has a duration greater than 1 round, the duration doubles. Any saves required by the spell take a –4 penalty, although for mythic creatures, this penalty is reduced to –2. This spell ignores any spell resistance the targets have, although targets immune to the spell or to magic still retain that protection.

The first sentence and the use of "also" in the second sentence make this spell (I think) grammatically different than what I assume is intended.

I get two different readings
1) How I assume it is
"You gain the ability to channel raw arcane power into a spell." is worthless flavor text that should have been removed.
a) PC may spend one Mythic Point when casting a spell. If he does;
i) damage is increased by 50%.
ii) the duration doubles.
iii) saves required by the spell take a –4 penalty, (mythic creatures are –2)
iv) This spell ignores any spell resistance

2) How I think it's actually written
a) All spells are cast from "raw energy" and benefit from ii-iv above
b) PC can spend a Mythic Point to also increase damage by 50%

#2 seems foolish, but I don't want to misinterpret things.

Thanks

Psyren
2017-04-19, 10:38 AM
I think the "also" is a typo, and spending the 1 point gives your spell all of the listed benefits (that apply to it.)

Calthropstu
2017-04-19, 10:52 AM
I think the "also" is a typo, and spending the 1 point gives your spell all of the listed benefits (that apply to it.)
I am fairly certain this is correct.

Barstro
2017-04-19, 10:58 AM
Works for me. Thanks