PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What spell level would you estimate for a mix of Anthropomorphic Animal and Awaken?

Coidzor
2017-04-19, 11:58 AM
Essentially, the improved mental stats of Awaken and its Instantaneous Duration plus a humanoid bodyshape, that's the main goal.

To differentiate it a bit, I was thinking about keeping more of the natural weapons than just a Bite and nixing the extra RHD that Awaken normally gives to targeted animals.

Probably a type change to Monstrous Humanoid instead of Magical Beast. Maybe the opportunity to train them for a week and give them 1 level in an NPC class or exchange a RHD for one as a sort of accelerated learning rider, but that's probably the first thing I'd be willing to sacrifice for manageability.

I'm trying to have as much possible that I'm concrete on before I run this custom spell by my GM.

Rynjin
2017-04-19, 12:05 PM
Currently you're requesting almost nothing that wouldn't be possible just by casting both spells, with a Permanency added into the mix for Anthropomorphic Animal. The only real changes you're making are letting it keep it natural attacks and losing the additional hit dice. Monstrous Humanoid instead of Magical Beast is a nearly pointless distinction in this instance, so it doesn't really matter (though makes less sense in terms of lore).

So, 6th level, max for a Druid.