PDA

View Full Version : Team Ready, Aim, Fire! Round 4

Lord Herman
2007-07-29, 07:57 PM
Hello, and welcome to the fourth round of team-based spin-off of Silkenfist's Ready, Aim, Fire!

The theme for this round will be Pirates! It will be a battle between a buccaneer crew and his majesty's royal navy, in the style of Pirates of the Caribbean. The teams are Pirates and Navy.

Registration is open until Tuesday, 18:00 GMT. If you want to join a specific team, please specify which one. If you don't specify a team, I will add you to a random team.

The Rules:
The rules are like those of the standard game (linky!), with a few additions:
1. The players are divided into two or more teams.
1a. At recruitment, the players specify their preferred team.
1b. Players who don't specify a team will be placed in a random team.
1c. If one team has more members than the other(s), I will randomly move players around. I'll first try to even it out with the players who didn't specify a team.
2. You can not shoot players on your own team.
3. If your team is the only one left standing, you win. There are no individual victories in this game - only victories as a team.
List of Players:
Pirates
?

Navy
?
Previous Rounds:
The Trojan War - Winner: Trojans
Star Wars - Winner: Rebels
Superheroes - Winner: Heroes
The Auto-Notify List:
Akaziel
Almighty Salmon
Baboon Army
Captain van der Decken
DarkLightDragon
Destro Yersul
Dr. Bath
dun-dun-DUUN
Firepup
Fleeing Coward
Fredricus
Gezina
HyramGraff
Ink
Kasz
Khaldan
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
radikalskippy
Raiser B1ade
Shadow
Stu42
weebl
Xykon Fan

If you want to be added to the list, just post here and ask. Remember, you'll still have to register for the game - people on the list just get a PM to notify them that registration has started.
For a list of trophies and their winners, go here (http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Gallery/TeamRAF.html).

Destro_Yersul
2007-07-29, 08:04 PM
Sign me up for Pirates. If we need more navy though, switch me over there.

Pwenet
2007-07-29, 08:12 PM
I'm interested in trying this game!

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-29, 08:15 PM
Sign me up - Navy if possible!

Khaldan
2007-07-29, 08:19 PM
in. i be a pirate, arr.

Draken
2007-07-29, 08:37 PM
I will go, on Navy side.

HyramGraff
2007-07-29, 09:16 PM
I'll join the navy side.

Raiser Blade
2007-07-30, 12:30 AM
"Arr i be havin termites in me leg."

Pirate:smallsmile:

Yo ho raise the colors high
beggars thieves we never die

InaVegt
2007-07-30, 12:35 AM
Admiral Gezina, ready to serve his majesty against these dreaded pirates.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-07-30, 12:38 AM
The only thing these pirates deserve is a quick hanging. Let's see that they get the next best thing, eh lads?

Generic Naval Officer #275 reporting for duty, sir.

Funkyodor
2007-07-30, 12:54 AM
'Arr I be likin' the sound of this. Sign me up as one of those scurvy ridden pirate dregs! 'Arr.

Fredricus
2007-07-30, 12:57 AM
My avatar answers the question on which side. Pirates!

Indurain
2007-07-30, 12:58 AM
I'm in...Winning team 2 rounds in a row...let's see if I can survive this time.

Zar Peter
2007-07-30, 01:01 AM
I'll join! Prefer the pirate side.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-30, 01:24 AM
In again, either side will do. Will be shooting self as always so someone please save me.

firepup
2007-07-30, 01:51 AM
sign me up as a puzzled pirate.

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-30, 04:08 AM
I want in as a pirate please!

Castaras
2007-07-30, 04:09 AM
I'll be the fluffy white villain's cat for a random side.

Baboon Army
2007-07-30, 05:22 AM
Sign me in as a pirate pet monkey :smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2007-07-30, 05:59 AM
I've compiled a list of trophies on my site, including a list of players with the trophies they've won. So if you want to know which trophies you have, go here (http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Gallery/TeamRAF.html).

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-30, 06:17 AM
ah, a nautical combat. Sounds delightful, I wish to battle.

Alarra
2007-07-30, 07:47 AM
Alright...I'll be in again.

Ink
2007-07-30, 08:22 AM
I'll play. Either side will do.

Akaziel
2007-07-30, 08:25 AM
Yay, another round! I'm with the Navy!

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-30, 12:01 PM
Sign me up assa pirate, please.

Skippy
2007-07-30, 02:06 PM
Once again, I'm here, willing to sacrifice myself in round 1!!!

Any side will do...

RocketBard
2007-07-30, 07:27 PM
For Queen and country!

I'll be in the Navy.

evnafets
2007-07-30, 07:38 PM
Hoist the Mainsail!

Set course for adventure!

Yes I'm in.

Mr. Moon
2007-07-30, 07:54 PM
I wanna be a Pirate! Dibs on First Mate!

dun-dun-DUUN
2007-07-30, 08:22 PM
I'm in.
Pirates if possible.
Arr.

Ezlo
2007-07-30, 10:28 PM
Pirates please. I shall be known as.... Captain Meatloafbeard! :smallcool:

Lord Magtok
2007-07-30, 11:54 PM
I'm in.
Whichever side is eviler is the side I want to be on.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-31, 01:11 AM
In, and either side's fine.

Case
2007-07-31, 02:59 AM
I call Galley Cook on the side of Pirates.

Lord Herman
2007-07-31, 03:34 AM
I've been thinking about organization within teams, and how it affects the game. And I've come to this conclusion: it's pointless.

Let's look at it from two situations:

Team A organizes, and they all perform the same action. Team B doesn't. Result: Roughly the same as when Team A doesn't organize - the 'random' actions of the members of Team B make the results equally random. No advantage to Team A or Team B.

Team A and Team B both organize, and each team picks one action to perform. This makes each team effectively one player, but the odds are still the same. The game takes shorter to resolve, but no team is at an advantage.

Just something to think about when planning your moves - organizing doesn't really help, except that it can make the game shorter. Unless I've overlooked something very important.

(okay, one thing - by organizing you can prevent multiple players from shooting a single enemy; that's the only advantage I can see)

pingcode20
2007-07-31, 03:55 AM
In for the navy.

---

Organising does have an important advantage. It creates a knowledge pool - I believe someone (PMs already deleted) correctly identified that Gezina would be suiciding, and so nobody shot her.

It also helps more experienced players or those who know their targets better to pass around strategies. If I had gotten at Kasz earlier, I would have told him not to suicide, because odds are he wouldn't be shot.

Etcetera.

Lord Herman
2007-07-31, 04:38 AM
Alright, you win :smalltongue:

This must be the only game in the world where 'let's all commit suicide' is a viable strategy...

alec
2007-07-31, 05:04 AM
In the Navy, yes you can sail the seven seas!

Yep, I'm in on the navy side.

pingcode20
2007-07-31, 05:29 AM
"Help! Everybody wants to kill me!"

"Just commit suicide. When they try to shoot you they'll get killed and you'll survive."

:smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Neodan282
2007-07-31, 10:36 AM
*Joins as a Pirate*

*WOO! LAST ONE!*

Krursk
2007-07-31, 02:15 PM
I should be available for the navy.

Lord Herman
2007-07-31, 02:27 PM
The sign-ups were officially closed, but we were one short on the navy team, so you're in. But I'm not accepting any further sign-ups after this.

Lord Herman
2007-07-31, 03:16 PM
Staring into the fog, Admiral Gezina tries to catch a glimpse of the ship. The HMS Defenestrator has been chasing these pirates for days, but they know these waters, and the fog helps them evade the heavier navy ship. Gezina almost falls asleep as suddenly, a dark shape appears in the mist. “Squawk!” she cries, hopping up and down Captain Magtok’s shoulder. “Come, come, Gezina,” says the captain to his parrot, which the crew jokingly calls ‘Admiral’ Gezina. “It’s just a seagull.”

Captain Meatloafbeard is scrubbing the deck. “Blasted bilgerats,” he mutters to himself. “Ungrateful, scurvy-ridden…” “Watch that tone, ‘Captain’. Ye be lucky we didn’t throw ye overboard during the mutiny,” says first mate Moon Called. “Cap’n van der Decken should have fed ye to the sharks for what ye did.” “What I did? What I did was makin’ ye all filthy rich, that’s what I did!” “Meatloafbeard,” says Captain van der Decken, “makin’ us rich is what ye did. But bein’ a good cap’n be more than just leadin’ yer men into battle. Ye have to know when to use yer power, and when to let yer crew decide things fer themselves. Ye have become a tyrant, Meatloafbeard! Yer no better than the King!” “Name one thing, Van der Decken! One thing that makes me a tyrant!” As one, the crew shouts: “MEATLOAF DAY!”

“Lieutenant Fairchilde, a moment of your time, please,” says Captain Magtok as the young officer walks up on deck. “Map!” the captain says, hitting Krursk, his aide, with his cane. The boy holds up a map of the area, and Magtok uses his cane to point at a small bay. “Here is where will catch them, Lieutenant. Here we will capture the… what was the name of their ship again?” “The Kingisatwit, sir.” “Insulting the king is not acceptable conduct for an officer of the royal navy, Fairchilde.” “No, sir, that’s the name of their ship. The Kingisatwit.” “I see. So that is what passes for humour with these wretches.” “Your orders, sir?” “Set course for the bay. I suspect the pirates will await us there.”

“Perfect,” says Captain van der Decken. “This bay be the perfect place to hide. We just wait here fer a week or two, and when they think we be gone, we sneak out and set sail fer Singapore. Now, where be the rum?”

“Guys! Guys! I see a ship!” “Blimey,” says the captain, “how long has Peter be sittin’ in the crow’s nest?” “Uhm… ye told him to watch fer ships just after the mutiny,” says Moon Called. “That be three weeks ago! What has he been eatin’?” Zar Peter takes another bite from the mast, and shouts again: “Guys, come on, there’s a ship! Right outside the bay!” “Peter! How many times do I have to tell ye – pirate talk! Nobody listens to ye if ye be talkin’ like a landlubber!” “Alright… a-hem… ARR! Thar be a ship, cap’n!” “A ship? Avast! It be Cap’n Magtok! Load the cannons! Grab yer pistols and cutlasses! Shiver yer timbers!”

Lord Herman
2007-07-31, 03:17 PM
Pirates
Alarra
Baboon Army - Pirate monkey
Captain van der Decken - Pirate cap'n
Case - Galley cook
DarkLightDragon
Destro Yersul
dun-dun-DUUN
Ezlo - Ex-captain
firepup
Fredricus
Funkyodor - Robot-ninja-pirate-zombie
Ink
Khaldan
Moon Called - First mate
Neodan282
radikalskippy
Raiser B1ade
Zar Peter - 'Land ho' guy

Navy
Akaziel
alec - Navy monkey
Andre Fairchilde - Dashing swordsman
Atreyu - Ship's llama
Castaras - Fluffy white cat
Draken
evnafets
Fleeing Coward
Gezina - Parrot
HyramGraff
Indurain
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder - Generic Naval Officer #275
Lord Magtok - Captain
pingcode20
Pwenet
RocketBard
Xykon Fan

Please submit your actions before Thursday, 18:00 GMT.

Zar Peter
2007-07-31, 03:28 PM
Arrrrh, those seaguls arr tasty, too!

((Thank you, Herman, that was great!))

Castaras
2007-07-31, 04:16 PM
Meow.

*Does generic evil villain's cat stuff*

Skippy
2007-07-31, 06:25 PM
Shiver me timbers!!! This has already started!!!

Someone, hurry up and pass the rum!!!

Draken
2007-07-31, 07:00 PM
*Peting Castaras, the kitten*

"For the glory of the kingdon, we shall have these seadogs hanged by their toes in the deephs of the dungeons for the rest of their miserable lives!"

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-31, 08:28 PM
Andre draws his rapier - "For the Queen! And Country! ...'We have a queen, right? No? For the King!"

Destro_Yersul
2007-07-31, 09:24 PM
Hey, no one has taken boatswain yet! *calls it*

Neodan282
2007-07-31, 09:58 PM
I'm the pirate mapmaker! Yar!

Draken
2007-07-31, 10:14 PM
Call me Artillery Engineer Draken, ready to shoot the cannons in your bloody faces you seadogs.

Destro_Yersul
2007-07-31, 10:29 PM
Call me Artillery Engineer Draken, ready to shoot the cannons in your bloody faces you seadogs.

Not if yer missin' yer face, ye won't. *brandishes cat o' nine tails*

Raiser Blade
2007-08-01, 01:18 AM
Aye ill be swabbing the poop deck if anyone needs me

im the pirates first "swabber" if that is an actual position

p.s. im shooting gezina

or am i

Akaziel
2007-08-01, 04:48 AM
Yeah, I'll reprise my role from Round 2: The legendary hero... who oversleeps, and misses the entire battle.

pingcode20
2007-08-01, 05:08 AM
I shall be... *drum roll*

Pingcode the Powder Monkey!

Bravely ferrying explosives to and from the cannons, daringly dodging wayward sparks and matches with buckets of precious gunpowder in my hands!

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-01, 05:12 AM
I call ship's cook. Of course, I broke all the cooking equipment on the ship, I've never cooked in my life and only got hired on a fake resume so I expect to be tossed overboard soon :smallsmile:

Castaras
2007-08-01, 05:21 AM
Not if yer missin' yer face, ye won't. *brandishes cat o' nine tails*

*Brandishes cat o' one tail*

:smallbiggrin:

InaVegt
2007-08-01, 09:58 AM
Kill the pirates, kill the pirates, hang them, sink their ships, sink their ships.

Lord Herman
2007-08-01, 11:18 AM
Behold, some stats:

Round 1:
21 players
21 new

Round 2:
30 players
17 old
14 new
4 gone

Round 3:
30 players
21 old
7 new
2 back
9 gone

Round 4:
36 players
27 old
6 new
3 back
3 gone

Krursk
2007-08-01, 11:19 AM
So of our crew of 18, 3 aren't humans? We're at a disadvantage:smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2007-08-01, 11:55 AM
But you do have Atreyu. Mynd you, llama bites kan be pretty nasti.

Castaras
2007-08-01, 01:09 PM
Cats can do alot of harm as well.

They have sharp bits. :smallamused:

Mr. Moon
2007-08-01, 01:59 PM
I'm the only AMENite on the Pirates team?

You people make me sick. >.<

Lord Herman
2007-08-01, 02:02 PM
Oh, in other news: I've already decided on a theme for the next round. It will be Ninja versus Samurai. I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to do that theme because I don't know enough about feudal Japan, but I'm going to do it anyway. Wikipedia will guide my way.

2007-08-01, 02:03 PM
An organization like the Navy is more prone to corruption than the disorganized ruffian-ness of a pirate crew. Plus, pirates are now more likely to have non-evil passengers, while the Navy sticks to it's soldiery roots, due in part by modern thought processes.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-01, 02:03 PM
One word. Yay!

@^: ... You smell funny.

2007-08-01, 02:07 PM
I shall be sure to stand upwind of you, then.

Lord Herman
2007-08-01, 02:53 PM
On an entirely unrelated note: I'm going to Waterloo tomorrow. Yay! Napoleontic goodness!

And don't worry - I should be back in time to write the narrative.

Castaras
2007-08-01, 04:17 PM
Oh, in other news: I've already decided on a theme for the next round. It will be Ninja versus Samurai. I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to do that theme because I don't know enough about feudal Japan, but I'm going to do it anyway. Wikipedia will guide my way.

Yay!

...Now the problem for me will be Samurai or Ninja?

Sure, I'm the pirate-ninja itp, but Samurai are also awesomeness...

Gah!

2007-08-01, 04:25 PM
Ninja: Inferior.
Samurai: Superior.

Note: Any annoyances I bring to the table can be blamed upon Hasbro.

Ezlo
2007-08-01, 04:25 PM
For one theme you should either do Azure City vs the Goblins, or Meatloaf Day vs Something I Can't Think Of

Captain van der Decken
2007-08-01, 04:56 PM
What about Romans vs Goths? (The Germanic tribe, not the subculture :smalltongue:)

RocketBard
2007-08-01, 04:59 PM
Wait, we get positions? I want to be the cannon-guy!

pingcode20
2007-08-01, 05:27 PM
A powder monkey is slang for someone who handles explosives. In this case, a minimum-wage person who runs gunpowder to the cannons.

Draken
2007-08-01, 05:36 PM
I took artillery engineer first, so both of you are under my comand, but I follow Maggie's orders.

Lord Magtok
2007-08-01, 07:50 PM
*Powders wig, loads his flintlock pistols, and points his cane at Funkyoder.*

"Double rations to the man/woman/animal who brings me the head of that imposter!"

Krursk
2007-08-01, 09:04 PM
how is a robot-ninja-pirate-zombie an imposter?

EDIT: Now that I look at it, it's 4 non-humans here.

Alec is a monkey, Atreyu is a llama, Castaras is a cat and Gezina is a parrot. Not to mention me (the captain's aide) and pingcode (the powder boy) are very unlikely to actually fight...thematically, we're screwed

Lord Magtok
2007-08-01, 09:24 PM
*Bonks Krusk with cane.*

"If you squint your eyes, he looks somewhat like me. The rat is trying to mock me, and he will die for that.

Oh, and double rations to the man/woman/animal who takes down ther captain!"

pingcode20
2007-08-01, 09:31 PM
@Draken: Hah! You wish. Pingcode the Powder Monkey answers only to Captain Magtok! :smallbiggrin:

Hey, Krursk, why not go by the name of 'Hawkins'?

Note to self: Arrange for bucket of powder to 'Accidentally' get dumped all over Draken.

Draken
2007-08-01, 09:48 PM
Note to self: Reap the heads of any traitorous scum who attempts to kill one of his fellows.

Destro_Yersul
2007-08-02, 12:39 AM
*Brandishes cat o' one tail*

*Brandishes Catnip* :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Raiser Blade
2007-08-02, 03:44 AM
*scrubs poopdeck and hopes he doesnt get shot

Castaras
2007-08-02, 06:00 AM
*Brandishes Catnip* :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

*Jumps for catnip*

Meow!

Lord Herman
2007-08-02, 01:53 PM
Back from Waterloo, writing now.

edit: Change of plans - I don't have enough time to finish the story today, so I'll do it tomorrow. Promise.

I do already know who's dead and who's not, but I'm not going to tell you. Neener neener neener!

Zar Peter
2007-08-02, 03:22 PM
You are a mean little guy!

I mean:

Arrr, if I culd I wuld keelhaul you!

Skippy
2007-08-02, 06:36 PM
'e deserves the Black Mark!! Let's make 'im walk the plank!!!

2007-08-02, 06:40 PM
I would express my thoughts in the form of merely shouting out a drawn out version of Herman's name, but it would require a transwarp explosion to really have effect.

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-02, 07:28 PM
You don't need to tell me I'm dead. If you check my resume, I put in somewhere there that I'm a psychic.

Lord Herman
2007-08-03, 06:46 AM
Slowly, the HMS Denfenestrator sails into the bay, firing a broadside at the pirates. “Get down!” yells Moon Called, “get down an’ wait until they be reloading!” Most of the pirates do as she says, but Funkyodor doesn’t seem to have heard her. He only notices the cannonball when it takes his head clean off. “Well done,” says Draken. “Now reload, and we’ll give them another volley.” “Erm… sir?” “Yes, RocketBard?” “We don’t have any cannonballs left, sir.” “But we’ve only fired a single broadside! That’s twenty guns, we must have had more cannonballs!” “Well, sir, remember when we went bowling the other night, and you were wondering where we got those bowling balls?”

“Gentlemen,” says Captain Magtok, “let us show these rascals what the royal navy is made of. Muskets!” The crew of the Defenestrator ready their weapons, take aim, and fire a volley at the pirates. Xykon Fan takes out firepup, but is in turn shot by radikalskippy. Meanwhile, RocketBard, the cannon guy, has loaded his cannon with cutlery and fires it at the pirates, piercing radikalskippy’s heart with a spoon.

“What in the blazes be ye doing?” asks Moon Called. “Me and Neodan282 be shootin’ those soldiers, we be!” says DarkLightDragon. “Blast ye, ye be standing on the wrong side of the ship! That be no soldiers, that be palm trees!” Krursk and HyramGraff aren’t doing much better – their shots go everywhere, except in the direction of the pirates.

“Fairchilde, is your boarding party ready?” “We are only missing Akaziel, sir.” “Lieutenant, I would not worry about him. Most likely, he is already aboard the pirate vessel, wreaking havoc amongst its crew. A man of his reputation should be able to dispatch the entire pirate crew with ease. But it does not do for us to wait around here and watch the slaughter. You may commence your boarding action when ready.” “Yes, sir.” Meanwhile, Akaziel is lying in his hammock, fast asleep with a bottle of rum in his hand.

Lieutenant Fairchilde, together with a number of generic naval officers, swings to the Kingisatwit by conveniently placed ropes. “Have at them, men!” the lieutenant shouts, and throws himself at the pirates. He immediately finds himself face to face with Captain van der Decken. “I might be misinformed,” he says, while parrying the pirate’s saber, “but I was under the impression that Captain Meatloafbeard was captain of this ship.” “He were,” van der Decken says, giving Fairchilde a nasty cut in the arm, “but the crew felt it were time fer a change of leadership, as it were.”

While Captain van der Decken explains the circumstances of the mutiny to Lieutenant Fairchilde, Captain van der Decken suddenly hears something behind him, and turns around. “For Meatloaf Day!” shouts Captain Meatloafbeard, leaping at the new captain with his cutlass. Van der Decken parries the blow, draws his pistol, and shoots Meatloafbeard. “Now, where were I,” the captain says, as he turns to Lieutenant Fairchilde. “Don’t move,” says the lieutenant, holding the tip of his saber against the pirate’s throat. “Tell your men to stand down.” But before the captain can react, the lieutenant’s saber falls out of his hand, and Fairchilde slumps forward. “Thank ye, Ink,” says the captain, as the pirate cleans his knife. Ink hasn’t noticed the generic naval officer standing behind him, however. As the pirate’s head rolls to the ground, Lord Fullbladder says: “Thank you for ensuring my promotion, pirate.” “Don’t be so sure, ‘lieutenant’,” says Captain van der Decken. “Why not?” Fullbladder asks. “I be no navy cap’n, but I wouldn’t want a lieutenant with a big hole in his head.” “I don’t have a…” Firing his pistol, dun-dun-DUUN proves Fullbladder wrong.

High in the riggings of the HMS Defenestrator, an epic battle takes place. The ship’s monkey of the Kingisatwit has made his way to the navy ship, but has met his counterpart there. Baboon Army and alec keep trying to throw the other into the shark-infested waters below, but neither is having much success – both monkeys are expert climbers. Suddenly, they hear a loud bang beneath them – a cannonball from the pirate ship has blown away part of the mast, and the bit they’re standing on is now tumbling into the water. ‘Ook?’ alec says, as both monkeys are eaten by a hungry shark.

Alarra and Case have managed to get on board of the navy ship. While Case heads to the lower decks, Alarra decides to plunder the captain’s quarters. As she helps herself to the captain’s treasures, she spots a fluffy white cat sleeping in a basket. “Aww, isn’t it a cute fwuffy kitty?” she says, and tries to pet the cat. Suddenly, it wakes up, hisses and jumps at Alarra’s face, claws extended. Hearing the screams coming out of his quarters, Captain Magtok says to his parrot: “Sounds like Castaras has caught herself a rat. Quite a big one, by the sound of it.”

Meanwhile, Case has made his way to the kitchen. There, he finds Fleeing Coward, evnafets, Pwenet and Indurain standing around a large cauldron. “And to top it off, three pounds of gunpowder.” “Are you sure this works?” asks Indurain. “Of course it will work,” says Fleeing Coward. “I’m English. I may not be able to cook anything tasty, but I sure know how to kill someone with my cuisine.” “I still don’t think…” but Indurain is knocked aside by Case. “Food! And it’s not meatloaf!” “No, wait!” says Fleeing Coward, but Case has already started eating. With a loud bang, the kitchen explodes. Indurain manages to get away in time, but the rest is splattered against the wall.

Khaldan and Zar Peter have boarded the HMS Defenestrator, and have decided to destroy the ship’s guns. Pingcode20 is just about to reload one of the guns, as he sees the pirates. “Oh dear,” he says, as Khaldan and Zar Peter fire their pistols at the barrel of gunpowder he’s holding. The explosion not only blows pingcode20 and five guns to smithereens, but also sends Captain Magtok, who was standing directly above them on the deck above, flying over the railing and into the water, together with his parrot. Magtok manages to knock out one shark with his cane, but the other five tear him and Gezina to shreds.

Moon Called has assembled a boarding party, and they’re preparing to attack the navy ship. Destro Yersul, Fredricus and Moon Called each grab a robe and prepare to swing over to the Defenestrator, but none of them notices First Swabber Raiser B1ade. The three pirates crash into him, and they all fall over the railing, taking Raiser B1ade with them. The sharks are stuffing themselves.

Meanwhile, in the hold of the HMS Defenestrator, Atreyu is nibbling at the bars of his cage. Everyone seems to have forgotten about the ship’s llama.

Lord Herman
2007-08-03, 06:53 AM
{table]Pirates|Action
Alarra|Castaras
Baboon Army|alec
Captain van der Decken|Self
Case|Indurain
DarkLightDragon|Air
Destro Yersul|Self
dun-dun-DUUN|Lord Fullbladder
Ezlo|Self
firepup|Timeout
Fredricus|Self
Funkyodor|Timeout
Ink|Andre Fairchilde
Khaldan|pingcode20
Moon Called|Self
Neodan282|Air
radikalskippy|Xykon Fan
Raiser B1ade|Self
Zar Peter|Self
Navy|Action
Akaziel|Air
alec|Baboon Army
Andre Fairchilde|Captain van der Decken
Atreyu|Timeout
Castaras|Self
Draken|Funkyodor
evnafets|Self
Fleeing Coward|Self
Gezina|Self
HyramGraff|Air
Indurain|Self
Krursk|Air
Lord Fullbladder|Ink
Lord Magtok|Self
pingcode|Zar Peter
Pwenet|Self
RocketBard|radikalskippy
Xykon Fan|firepup[/table]

Pirates
DarkLightDragon
dun-dun-DUUN
Khaldan
Neodan282 - Pirate mapmaker
Alarra
Case - Galley cook
Destro Yersul - Boatswain
Ezlo - Ex-captain
firepup
Fredricus
Ink
Moon Called - First mate
radikalskippy
Raiser B1ade - First swabber

Navy
Akaziel - Legendary hero
Atreyu - Ship's llama
Draken - Artillery engineer
HyramGraff
Indurain
Krursk
RocketBard - Cannon guy
alec - Navy monkey
evnafets
Fleeing Coward - Ship's cook
Gezina - Parrot
Lord Magtok - Captain
pingcode20 - Powder monkey
Pwenet
Xykon Fan

Please submit your actions before Saturday, 18:00 GMT.

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-03, 06:55 AM
I told you I was psychic... now I just need to learn to avoid fulfilling my own prophecies about my death :smallbiggrin:

RocketBard
2007-08-03, 08:21 AM
Why is radikalskippy still counted as being alive after I shot him?

Lord Herman
2007-08-03, 08:27 AM
What are you talking about? He's right there on the list of dead pirates :smalltongue:

Castaras
2007-08-03, 08:31 AM
*Satisfied meow*

*Walks smugly out of the treasury, leaving the bleeding corpse of 'Larra.

Khaldan
2007-08-03, 10:09 AM
Dangit, i wanted a 1st round dead medal... :smallfrown: Guess ill just stab castaras :smallsmile:

Lord Herman
2007-08-03, 10:20 AM
The first round casualty medal doesn't exist anymore. There's only an overall badge for getting killed in the first round the most. Kasz won it last round, but he's going to lose it again - there is now a six-way tie for the badge.

Khaldan
2007-08-03, 10:23 AM
Well.. i still want to die round 1 so i dont have to do anything else then :)

Skippy
2007-08-03, 10:58 AM
Well, at least I took out XF, as I was hoping...

Krursk
2007-08-03, 11:31 AM
Wait, why am I speaking in pirate brogue, taking orders from Moon Called and shooting at the palm trees at the other side of the ship I'm shooting at if I'm the Captain's Aide? I'm pretty sure I'm with the navy in this one.

Neodan282
2007-08-03, 11:39 AM
I'm alive?
Time to fix that.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-03, 12:36 PM
.... This is getting really annoying... >.<

Lord Herman
2007-08-03, 12:39 PM
Wait, why am I speaking in pirate brogue, taking orders from Moon Called and shooting at the palm trees at the other side of the ship I'm shooting at if I'm the Captain's Aide? I'm pretty sure I'm with the navy in this one.

Blimey, I accidentally switcheroo'd you and HyramGraff with DLD and Neodan282 :smallredface:

edit: Fixed.

Krursk
2007-08-03, 07:14 PM
Much better. Oh, and you might as well note me down as the captain's aide. Wait *looks at the small pile of smoldering ash that was Lord Magtok* the ex-captain's aide

Draken
2007-08-03, 07:20 PM
Since I am the most graduated officer alive in the navy, I hereby proclaim that you should call me Captain Draken. Now kill those miserable bastard in the name of the king, who is NOT a twit!

Ink
2007-08-03, 07:34 PM
Haha, nice! Great writing, Lord Herman. I especially like the part about shooting palm trees.

Shadow
2007-08-03, 07:58 PM
Why do I never notice the sign up threads for these until it's too late?

*mental note* Look at more than subscribed threads at least once in a while

Auto-notify me, please!

Lord Magtok
2007-08-03, 08:47 PM
****, I died! I thought I could count on you people to shoot me! I thought you hated me! Why didn't you shoot me like you were supposed to?

Mr. Moon
2007-08-03, 08:49 PM
Magtok, we need to stop thinking the exact same thing. My head can't take this much exploding.

RocketBard
2007-08-03, 08:52 PM
Magtok, we need to stop thinking the exact same thing. My head can't take this much exploding.

I think that everyone thought that you would shoot yourself once you had three people kill you in the last one.

Lord Magtok
2007-08-03, 08:52 PM
Fine. Next game, I'll just attack you. You'll be dead, but at least your head won't explode.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-03, 08:55 PM
That'd be better then overshooting and falling into the water... >.<

Raiser Blade
2007-08-04, 01:51 AM
ha mooncalled
in yet another game i am the cause of your death (though only in the writing this time)

Lord Herman
2007-08-04, 02:45 AM
Alright, I have all your actions. Writing now.

(Shadow, I've added you to the auto-notify list)

Lord Herman
2007-08-04, 04:28 AM
Akaziel wakes up to the desperate bleating of Atreyu. He opens the llama’s cage. “What’s all that noise,” he asks. “It seems to be coming from the deck. Come, Atreyu, let’s see what’s going on.” Leading the llama up the narrow stairs, Akaziel suddenly finds himself in the midst of a fierce battle. “Oh crap. Uhm… Atreyu, you handle things here, I’ll go over to the pirate ship.” Atreyu bleats, and Akaziel swings over to the pirate ship. There, he finds himself a bottle of rum, hides in a corner, and drinks until he passes out.

“Blimey, be that who I think it be?” says Neodan282 to dun-dun-DUUN. “Be it Akaziel?” asks dun-dun-DUUN. “It be,” says Captain van der Decken. “By the powers, we be lucky he be sleepin’! Quick, to the sharks with ‘im!” The three pirates pick up the snoring hero, and toss him overboard.

Draken has given up on the cannons. “Come, RocketBard, we would be of better use up on deck.” There, they meet a charred and naked Indurain. “Indurain, why are you not in uniform? And where is the captain?” “We lost the captain, sir.” “Lost him? By god, man, how can you lose the captain? He’s got a big hat, a cane, and a loud parrot! He’s hard to miss!” “No, sir, by ‘lost him’ I mean he’s dead.” “Dead? How unfortunate.” “But Draken, how…” “That’s Captain Draken. And we do the only thing we can do – teach the pirate scum a lesson they will not soon forget!” The three swing over to the Kingisatwit, and fight their way through the extras until they reach the pirate captain.

Meanwhile, on the HMS Defenestrator, Castaras struts out of the captain’s quarters. She has seen a rat, and is stalking it through the ship. Finally, she sees it crawl into a big metal tube. Castaras tries to follow it, but the tube isn’t wide enough, and she gets stuck. She hears muffled voices around her, and then a hissing noise. With a loud bang, the cat is launched out of the cannon, and meets an unpleasant fate on the hull of the Kingisatwit.

“And who might ye be?” asks Captain van der Decken. “I am Draken, the new Captain of the HMS Defenestrator. And you, sir, are under arrest on charges of piracy.” “Under… bwahaha! Lads, listen, der cap’n be arrestin’ me! An’ how were ye plannin’ on gettin’ me to come with ye to be hanged, I wonder?” “If I read this correctly,” Draken says, unrolling a piece of paper, “the warrant for you states that ‘The Vile and Evil Pirate Van der Decken is to be taken Dead or Alive, for a Bounty of One Thousand Shillings.’ So I’m terribly sorry.” “Ye be sorry?” “For this,” Draken says, shooting the pirate through the heart.

While Draken deals with Van der Decken, dun-dun-DUUN finds himself fighting two men at once. Indurain and RocketBard quickly corner the pirate. “Uh… parley?” the pirate says, the tips of two sabers pressed to his chest. “What is the man talking about?” asks RocketBard. “Sounds French to me,” says Indurain. “Some vulgar profanity, no doubt.” They stab the pirate a few times, rifle his pockets for valuables, and then find themselves a new victim.

“Hey! You stabbed dun-dun-DUUN!” Indurain turns around, and sees a rather odd-looking pirate. For one, he is clean-shaven, and he doesn’t seem to be missing any appendages. “Oh, sorry. I keep getting it wrong. Ahem. Avast, ye whoreson! Ye stabbed dun-dun-DUUN, ye did!” “It would appear I did,” Indurain says, pointing his saber at Zar Peter. “Now get out of my way, I have some more stabbing to do.” Without a further word, Zar Peter pushes the saber aside, and bonks Indurain on the head with his telescope, knocking him out.

Unfortunately, Zar Peter is now standing a bit too close to the railing. He hears a bleat behind him, but is too late to notice the llama swinging towards him, clenching a rope between his teeth. Atreyu lets go of the rope, and cannonballs into the unsuspecting pirate, knocking him into the water. The llama’s success is short-lived, however. Back on the Defenestrator, Khaldan has commandeered a cannon, and is blasting away at the boarders on the Kingisatwit. A well-aimed shot blows Atreyu off the deck, and sends him tumbling after Zar Peter.

DarkLightDragon has decided she isn’t much use in this battle. Instead, she decides to gather as much of the pirates’ treasure as she can, before abandoning the ship. She ties a large sack of gold to her belt, and jumps overboard. In her haste, she forgets that gold is rather heavy – her escape turns out to be a one-way ticket to Davy Jones’ locker.

Krursk, tired of shooting inanimate objects, has decided to try his luck with the cannons. On the gun deck, however, he encounters Khaldan, who doesn’t seem to have noticed him. Krursk takes a barrel of gunpowder, places it directly behind the pirate, and lights the fuse. He gets away just in time before the entire gun deck is blown to bits, taking Khaldan with it.

HyramGraff is still firing his musket at the pirates. He has scored some fine hits to the Kingisatwit’s hull, and he’s already killed three fish and a seagull.

Lord Herman
2007-08-04, 04:30 AM
{table]Pirates|Action
Captain van der Decken|Akaziel
DarkLightDragon|Self
dun-dun-DUUN|Akaziel
Khaldan|Atreyu
Neodan282|Akaziel
Zar Peter|Indurain
Navy|Action
Akaziel|Air
Atreyu|Zar Peter
Castaras|Self
Draken|Captain van der Decken
HyramGraff|Air
Indurain|dun-dun-DUUN
Krursk|Khaldan
RocketBard|dun-dun-DUUN[/table]

Pirates
Neodan282 - Pirate mapmaker
Alarra
Case - Galley cook
DarkLightDragon
Destro Yersul - Boatswain
dun-dun-DUUN
Ezlo - Ex-captain
firepup
Fredricus
Ink
Khaldan
Moon Called - First mate
radikalskippy
Raiser B1ade - First swabber

Navy
Draken - Artillery engineer
HyramGraff
Krursk - Captain's aide
RocketBard - Cannon guy
alec - Navy monkey
Akaziel - Legendary hero
Atreyu - Ship's llama
evnafets
Fleeing Coward - Ship's cook
Gezina - Parrot
Indurain
Lord Magtok - Captain
pingcode20 - Powder monkey
Pwenet
Xykon Fan

Please submit your actions before Sunday, 18:00 GMT.

Shadow
2007-08-04, 04:34 AM
ZP should be dead, according to the actions stated and the text given.

Lord Herman
2007-08-04, 04:37 AM
Oops, messed up the tags.

Castaras
2007-08-04, 04:37 AM
Damn.

Seems that only 'larra wanted to kill the cute kitty.

Oh well.

InaVegt
2007-08-04, 06:53 AM
The ghost of the parrot appears.

Slay the pirate, slay the pirate!

Akaziel
2007-08-04, 09:32 AM
Wow. Three people. Wasn't expecting that.

Go Navy! Get that pirate!

Draken
2007-08-04, 09:57 AM
Beware of the great Captain Draken! Scourge of the Sea Scum!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-04, 10:34 AM
Go Navy! Get those pirates! Avenge me.

Zar Peter, you are a worthy foe and I will gladly quaft llamanade with you in the afterlife.

Neodan282
2007-08-04, 12:02 PM
I tried to die and i'm the last survivor.
FOR THE SWARM!
I'ma take you down, one by one.
Yar.

Edit:
IT would be suicide for me to shot self because people will think i will do it.
I predict that the llama will die sometime.

2007-08-04, 12:26 PM
Lads, I suggest you deal with this last annoyance in the old fashioned way.

RocketBard
2007-08-04, 01:04 PM
Lads, I suggest you deal with this last annoyance in the old fashioned way.

Mass suicide? That's a viable strategy in this game.

2007-08-04, 02:34 PM
I actually mean draw-and-quartering him, but okay.

But for my plan, we'd need a lot of horses...

Lord Magtok
2007-08-04, 02:39 PM
There's a simple answer.
Person 1: Shoots him
Person 2: Does nothing

If he tries to shoot someone, he's dead. If he commits suicide, he'll last one extra round. If he does nothing, he's dead. 2/3 odds are better than 1/3 odds.

Zar Peter
2007-08-04, 05:26 PM
ZP should be dead, according to the actions stated and the text given.

You are not even playing this but making sure that I'm dead? I'll take that personally! :smallfurious:

Go Navy! Get those pirates! Avenge me.

Zar Peter, you are a worthy foe and I will gladly quaft llamanade with you in the afterlife.

Thank you, Mr. Llama! As soon as I found out what quaft means I'll be happy to join! :smallbiggrin:
(I wanted to make your trick with the rope swinging in the first round, a rope swinging Llama sure looks better)

dun-dun-DUUN
2007-08-04, 08:35 PM
Apparently, I made myself a wanted target by killing a generic naval officer.
:smalleek:

2007-08-04, 10:27 PM
We generics are much loved. We often manage to end up in the background of important events, and manage to come back with stories that are more all-encompassing than the tunnel-vision tales of major protagonists.

RocketBard
2007-08-04, 10:53 PM
Apparently, I made myself a wanted target by killing a generic naval officer.
:smalleek:

I shot at you because you healed Negi in the Anime Heal/Hurt.

I actually tried to change it in the last minute, but it was too late.

Indurain
2007-08-05, 12:19 AM
And I shot at you because I didn't peg you as a suicide kinda guy.

ZP, nicely played good sir, but it should be noted that I am currently just unconcious and not actually dead. When you Naval men finish with this last pest, please rescue me. Thank you.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-05, 02:21 AM
Thank you, Mr. Llama! As soon as I found out what quaft means I'll be happy to join! :smallbiggrin:
(I wanted to make your trick with the rope swinging in the first round, a rope swinging Llama sure looks better)

Since I am not sure I spelled it right, quaft means "To drink. Usually used in reference to drinking alcoholic beverages." I think. I may be wrong.

Indurain
2007-08-05, 02:52 AM
Cuz I like looking smart. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=quaff)

Zar Peter
2007-08-05, 04:37 AM
I remember I looked it once up in the dictionary for alphabetical conversation.
Forget the words much too fast (expect neuterd, I will remember this till the end of my life :smallbiggrin: )

Lord Herman
2007-08-05, 07:12 AM
On the subject of... er... subjects, here's a list of subjects I'm considering for further rounds. The subject for next round will be Ninja versus Samurai*.

- Waterloo. Brits, French, Dutchmen, Prussians and random Germans having at each other with muskets, cannon and sabers.
- Romans vs Barbarians. Barbarians to be decided.
- English vs Scots.
- Cowboys vs Indians. By 'cowboy' I mean anything that has a gun and goes 'howdy'.

Feel free to discuss these themes, or to suggest one yourself.

* Wait, why is Herman calling ninja ninja instead of ninjae? Because I am talking about the inferior Japanese ninja, as opposed to the original Roman ninjae. That's why.

Castaras
2007-08-05, 07:49 AM
- Romans vs Barbarians. Barbarians to be decided.

Ideas!

Celts - Get the screaming naked men with blue woad to attack people!
Gauls - In fact, one particular gaulish village with a small gaulish warrior, fat...I mean thick skinned warrior with red pigtails, druid that makes a superstrength potion... :smallwink:
Goths - You get the visigoths, the goths, and the people with black hair, black clothing, etc. etc. etc.

Zar Peter
2007-08-05, 08:02 AM
I'll take the bard in this one!!! :smallbiggrin:

InaVegt
2007-08-05, 08:04 AM
Ideas!

Celts - Get the screaming naked men with blue woad to attack people!
Gauls - In fact, one particular gaulish village with a small gaulish warrior, fat...I mean thick skinned warrior with red pigtails, druid that makes a superstrength potion... :smallwink:
Goths - You get the visigoths, the goths, and the people with black hair, black clothing, etc. etc. etc.

No, the Batavians, or the Saxons!

RocketBard
2007-08-05, 09:27 AM

What?! Did you say you were going to kill me in the next round?

Lord Herman
2007-08-05, 11:37 AM

But then the gauls can just send in the bard and chase off the Romans with his singing...

Zar Peter
2007-08-05, 12:14 PM
What?! Did you say you were going to kill me in the next round?

No, I want to play the bard of the Asterix comics Castaras was referring.

And yes, Hermann, that's sounds like an idea for an action when I choose suicide and all the others are trying to kill me. :smallbiggrin:

Castaras
2007-08-05, 12:58 PM

I'm so glad people got the reference.

And I wanted to be the bard who I can't spell the name of...

Oh well. I'll be a Roman centurion with a silly name. Encyclopedius Britannicus. :smallbiggrin:

If we do Gauls v Romans, 'course...

@^ It's when all the Romans shoot you, and all your side suicides that you get the true story when the bard starts singing. :smallwink:

Lord Herman
2007-08-05, 01:03 PM
Although Gauls vs Romans would be fun, I don't think Asterix is very well known outside Europe.

In other news, it's 18:00 GMT, so it's time I started writing.

Castaras
2007-08-05, 01:05 PM
Although Gauls vs Romans would be fun, I don't think Asterix is very well known outside Europe.

Then we should educate them of its awesomeness, should we not?

Draken
2007-08-05, 01:06 PM
I think it is pretty well know here in Brazil (South America).

Zar Peter
2007-08-05, 01:12 PM
And the few people from the States who are playing here could just read this... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterix) :smallbiggrin:

(Oh, and I just read that the bard in english is Cacophonix. In German his name is Troubardix)

Lord Herman
2007-08-05, 02:23 PM
Krursk heads back up on deck, where he finds HyramGraff. “I say, HyramGraff, what are you shooting at?” “Pirates, my good man. Pirates.” Looking at the massacre HyramGraff has caused, Krursk asks: “Pirates?” “Yes, pirates. You know, the ones with the white feathers and orange beaks. Vile creatures, pirates. They steal anything that isn’t nailed down.” “Are you sure those are the ones we should be hunting?” “Funny you should say that. I’ve asked myself the very same question many times. Why is the navy so intent on killing sea birds? They may be pests, but one would expect that his majesty’s fleet would have better things to do. Like chasing down those awful robbers.” “Robbers?” asks Krusk. “Yes, robbers. Not the ones on land, of course. I mean those bands of robbers that go around on ships, stealing from rich merchants. Seagulls, I believe they’re called.”

Meanwhile, on the Kingisatwit, Captain Draken and RocketBard are searching the ship. “I’m sure, sir. There is still one pirate not accounted for. I saw him toss Akaziel overboard. He’s not among the dead.” “Keep searching,” says the captain, “he must be hiding somewhere.” “I’ll save ye the trouble!” The captain and RocketBard turn around, and see Neodan282 standing in the middle of the deck, holding a barrel of gunpowder. “Drop the barrel,” says Draken, aiming his pistol at the pirate, “or I’m afraid I’ll have to shoot you.” “An’ if I drop the barrel?” “You will be taken back to England for a fair trial.” “An’ be hanged? If I have to die, I’ll take the lot of ye with me!” With those words, Neodan282 lights the barrel.

When the smoke clears, only a hole in the deck remains where Neodan282 stood. Thirty feet away, Captain Draken straightens his jacket, and says: “I believe that accounts for all the pirates. RocketBard, inspect the ship. See if the pirates were carrying any ill-gotten treasures. I will return to the Defenestrator.” “Yes, sir.”

A few hours later, Indurain wakes up. “Whuh? Where is everybody?” He looks around. The deck of the Kingisatwit is strewn with corpses, and the Defenestrator is nowhere to be seen. Stumbling across the deck, the naked sailor finds himself a barrel, an oar and a few bottles of rum. He lowers the barrel into the water, climbs inside, and starts rowing. “Now which way was it to Tortuga?”

Lord Herman
2007-08-05, 02:25 PM
{table]Pirates|Action
Neodan282|Self
Navy|Action
Draken|Air
HyramGraff|Timeout
Krursk|Timeout
RocketBard|Air[/table]

The navy wins! Draken, HyramGraff, Krursk and RocketBard all survived. Congratulations!

The trophies:
{table]Trophy|Winner
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WinBronze.png Winning team|Navy
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WinSilver.png Surviving winners|Draken, HyramGraff, Krursk, RocketBard
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WinGold.png Most wins|Tie between HyramGraff and RocketBard
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/RedSilver.png Most kills|Captain van der Decken, Draken, dun-dun-DUUN, Indurain, Khaldan, RocketBard, Zar Peter (2 kills)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/RedGold.png Most kills overall|Raiser B1ade (7 kills)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/GreenSilver.png Survival|Draken, HyramGraff, Krursk, Neodan282, RocketBard
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/GreenGold.png Survival overall|pingcode20 (10 rounds)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BlueSilver.png Pacifist|Akaziel and HyramGraff (2 airshots)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BlueGold.png Pacifist overall|pingcode20 (9 airshots)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/PurpleSilver.png Shot at most|Akaziel (3 times)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/PurpleGold.png Shot at most overall|Captain van der Decken (6 times)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/YellowSilver.png Not shot at most|Draken, HyramGraff, Krursk, Neodan282, RocketBard (3 rounds)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/YellowGold.png Not shot at most overall|pingcode20 (11 rounds)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BlackGold.png First round casualty|Six-way tie
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/OrangeGold.png Most effective suicide|Three-way tie
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BrownGold.png Largest lynch mob|Tie between Moon Called and Akaziel
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/MagentaGold.png Longest chain of kills|Ink (7 kills)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/MagentaSilver.png Longest chain of kills|Gezina, Akaziel, Captain van der Decken, Atreyu, firepup, Raiser B1ade, Lord Fullbladder
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WhiteGold.png Sole survivor|Raiser B1ade (6 rounds)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/Participation1.png 1 round participation|
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/Participation2.png 2 round participation|
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/Participation3.png 3 round participation|
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/Participation4.png 4 round participation|[/table]

2007-08-05, 02:42 PM
Wha? That's not how it usually works. Something has gone horribly wrong here.

Lord Herman
2007-08-05, 02:48 PM
If you're not sure which medals you have, you can check the list on my site (http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Gallery/TeamRAF.html).

edit: I'll post the thread for the next round later - I first have to count the nominations for Monsters in the Playground.

Ink
2007-08-05, 03:08 PM
Hey hey, I've still got a medal!

Asterix and Obelix theme? I call Dogmatix!

Other possible themes I can think of are Western-style outlaws vs. sheriff/lawmen, humans vs. robots ala Terminator, maybe a sort of King Arthur theme - knights vs... well... other knights.

Skippy
2007-08-05, 10:55 PM
I'd love to have the Asterix theme, too!!

Here in Mexico, the bard is known as Asurancetourix, the druid is called Panoramix and the boss is called Abraracurcix...

Lord Herman
2007-08-06, 03:54 AM
Here in Mexico, the bard is known as Asurancetourix, the druid is called Panoramix and the boss is called Abraracurcix...

Then you've got the same names as we do. If I'm not mistaken, those are the original French names.

Castaras
2007-08-06, 03:55 AM
Yeah...Panoramix is the french name.

Although I prefer the English one...Getafix...:smallamused:

Ooo! This is making me want to read all the Asterix comics we have! *Goes and searches for*

InaVegt
2007-08-06, 04:48 AM
Then you've got the same names as we do. If I'm not mistaken, those are the original French names.

Though we do have our own names for the fish seller (Kostunrix) and the smith (Hoefnix), because there are simple dutch puns in them.

Zar Peter
2007-08-06, 05:57 AM
OK, the german names:
Majestix, the boss
Miraculix, the Druid
Verleihnix, the fisherman
Methusalix, the old one
Automatix, the smith
Gutemiene, the boss's wife

Castaras
2007-08-06, 12:04 PM
*Searches for old Asterix books and gets names*

Asterix, Obelix, Getafix(druid), Cacofonix, Vitalstatistix(chief), Impedimenta(chief's wife), Geriatrix(old dude), Unhygenix(Fishmonger), Fulliautomatix(smith), Bacteria(Unhygenix's wife)...

The Roman names are awesome though...

Lord Herman
2007-08-06, 12:08 PM
I should really find myself some English Asterix and Obelix books. English is a much better punning language than Dutch.

Zar Peter
2007-08-06, 12:10 PM
I think the original from Goscinny must be grandious! Too bad I'm not able to understand french.

Castaras
2007-08-06, 12:14 PM
Okay...so going back ontopic(ish)...

Pleeeeeease can we do Gauls v Romans?

Skippy
2007-08-06, 12:15 PM
The whole tribe here:

Abraracurcix, the boss
Panoramix, the druid
Esautomatix, the smith
Ordenalfabetix, the fisherman
Edadepiedrix, the elder
Asuranceturix, the bard
Ielosumarin, the fisherman's wife
Karabella, the boss' wife

Some romans:
Sanluisblus, avestrus, perfectus detritus... They're too many!! I can't remember all of them!!

Castaras
2007-08-06, 12:18 PM
Roman names are awesome...

The Asterix book I've got next to me has loads of norman names, so Norman names, because I'm bored...

Psychopaf, Epitaf, Cenotaf, Transportcaf, ChiffChaff, Nescaf, Timandahaf, Riffraff, Autograf...

Lord Herman
2007-08-06, 12:22 PM
Okay...so going back ontopic(ish)...

Pleeeeeease can we do Gauls v Romans?

I'll decide once this round (round 5, that is) is over. But if it'll be Romans versus Barbarians, the barbarians will most likely be gauls.

Skippy
2007-08-06, 12:29 PM
I should really find myself some English Asterix and Obelix books. English is a much better punning language than Dutch.

Jokes in Spanish are great too, I don't know how are things in other languages...

So, I'd really love to see the fight between gauls and romans, but I guess not too many would like to be in the Roman side...

Skippix wouldn't want to be there, at least...

Castaras
2007-08-06, 12:32 PM
Pieistastius would join the Romans! :smallbiggrin: