PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Sneak Attack Die and how to get more.

Bobthereaper606
2017-04-20, 02:47 AM
I am currently playing a Barbarian 1, Fighter 2, Rogue 2, Avenger 4.

In the original start of the campaign we were required to have 2 levels of rogue and we started at lvl 5.

I built this character as a front-line damage dealer. I've got a lot of ACFs and have built around TWF.

I am looking for ways to increase my Sneak Attack Die, I currently have 3D6 and will get 1 more at next level.

I am mostly looking to improve it through feats because after I take my 5th level of Avenger I am going back into fighter. Although any recommendation is welcome, one big question is there a feat or anything that will give me SA as if i was a full rogue?

One extra bit i forgot to say I am allowed to use Pathfinder feats but have to run them back the DM and if 3.5 and Pathfinder both have the feat I have to use the 3.5 version.

Books I am allowed to pull from
Arms and Equipment Guide
Cityscape
Complete Adventurer
Complete Arcane
Complete Champion
Complete Divine
Complete Mage
Complete Psionic
Complete Scoundrel
Complete Warrior
Deities and Demigods
Draconomicon
Dungeon Master's Guide I
Dungeon Master's Guide II
Dungeonscape
Elder Evils
Epic Level Handbook
Exemplars of Evil: Deady Foes to Vex Your Heros
Expanded Psionics Handbook
Fiend Folio
Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyse
Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells
Frostburn
Ghostwalk
Heroes of Battle
Heroes of Horror
Libris Mortis
Lords of Madness
Magic Item Compendium
Magic of Incarnum
Manual of the Planes
Miniatures Handbook
Monster Manual I
Monster Manual II
Monster Manual III
Monster Manual IV
Monster Manual V
Planar Handbook
Player's Handbook I
Player's Handbook II
Psionics Handbook
Races of Destiny
Races of Stone
Races of the Dragon
Rules Compendium
Sandstorm
Savage Species
Spell Compendium
Stormwrack
Stronghold Builder's Guidebook
Unearthed Arcana
Ptolus Books (All)
Pathfinder on a requested basis.

Dagroth
2017-04-20, 03:04 AM
I am currently playing a Barbarian 1, Fighter 2, Rogue 2, Avenger 4.

In the original start of the campaign we were required to have 2 levels of rogue and we started at lvl 5.

I built this character as a front-line damage dealer. I've got a lot of ACFs and have built around TWF.

I am looking for ways to increase my Sneak Attack Die, I currently have 3D6 and will get 1 more at next level.

I am mostly looking to improve it through feats because after I take my 5th level of Avenger I am going back into fighter. Although any recommendation is welcome, one big question is there a feat or anything that will give me SA as if i was a full rogue?

2 levels of Swordsage will get you the Assassin's Stance feat for +2d6 Sneak Attack. You can also get the Shadow Hand feat to add your Dex Bonus to damage (in addition to Str bonus) with Shadow Hand weapons.

Bobthereaper606
2017-04-20, 03:17 AM
2 levels of Swordsage will get you the Assassin's Stance feat for +2d6 Sneak Attack. You can also get the Shadow Hand feat to add your Dex Bonus to damage (in addition to Str bonus) with Shadow Hand weapons.

Forgot to say what books are allowed ToB is forbidden because my DM know gets super crazy and he doesnt want us using it. I will edit my original post with a list of the allowed books.

DEMON
2017-04-20, 04:32 AM

One extra bit i forgot to say I am allowed to use Pathfinder feats but have to run them back the DM and if 3.5 and Pathfinder both have the feat I have to use the 3.5 version.

Books I am allowed to pull from

No Champions of Ruin. A pity, since Craven is a great Sneak Attack boost. Staggering Strike feat (CW) does not add extra damage to your SA, but it does add a powerful extra debuff.

There's an epic feat that adds extra Sneak Attack dice, but it's, well, epic.

However, Swashbuckler levels combined with Daring Outlaw (CSco) feat stack with Rogue level for SA progression. It also gives you Weapon Finesse as a feat, Int to damge and some other goodies and has some ACFs aimed at 2WF.

In Unearthed Arcana/SRD, there's a Fighter ACF that gives Sneak Attack (Rogue progression), instead of feats. Ask you DM if you can still take it retroactively.

Since Dungeonscape is on the list, you should also go for Rogue 3 (+1d6 SA) and take Penetrating Strike ACF.

Psyren
2017-04-20, 10:25 AM

Pathfinder on a requested basis.

Since Pathfinder feats are allowed, allow me to point you to Accomplished Sneak Attacker (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/accomplished-sneak-attacker/) from Dirty Tactics Toolbox. Though that might actually nerf you if you're using a dip-heavy build that tries to get SA every level.

ATHATH
2017-04-20, 10:29 AM
Dip Spellthief (with the Trickster ACF) and Psychic Rogue, if you can.

The Shadowthief of Amn PrC gives you Sneak Attack at first level, IIRC.