PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Narrowing it down

Vhaidara
2007-07-29, 09:23 PM
I found that I don't like having so many strong characters, and just having so many. As each leaves thier current plot, they will either die (to be ressurected later if I get really bored) or leave (to return once I'm ready). Here's the list:

Shadowbow: dies, will return having been seperated from the dragon, and will carry a spark of its divinity.
Xan/Crend: Leaves, will return fused.
E: Absorbed into his studies.
Ehlana: Dead. Not coming back.
Cyrus/ Draklor: Leave. Probably gone for good.
Rishtak/Katriana: Leave.
Ab: Stay.
Artemis: Dead, will return slightly weaker.
[I still need a good name for this one, it's possesing a woman in Trog's, and is a spirit. Very evil.]: Undecided.

Any complaints or suggestions? And Shadowbow will come back, as I have a special connection there. First character and all.

Artemis97
2007-07-29, 09:27 PM
Artemis died? When did that happen? I was gonna have Raril kill him off, take over the guild and all.

Vhaidara
2007-07-29, 09:28 PM
That's going to be his status at the end of this. And no, I've already got a death-plot for him.

blackout
2007-07-29, 09:29 PM
Hey, if you want to kill your characters off, go right ahead. :smalltongue:

Artemis97
2007-07-29, 09:32 PM
Meh, then Raril gets the guild either way, right?

Vhaidara
2007-07-29, 09:34 PM
Maybe, but Artemis is considering Erica. She was the only person that really seemed to get the point: Guild comes second, you come first. She's patient, smart, efficent, and all the other things Artemis likes in a thief.

Artemis97
2007-07-29, 09:42 PM
*blinks* What? Raril's not a good enough thief?

Vhaidara
2007-07-29, 09:44 PM
Raril's good, but Erica's better. And Artemis is still ticked about that little trick of Raril's, and attacking Nukular. Artemis wanted to do that.

Artemis97
2007-07-29, 09:48 PM
Hahaha! You should have said something sooner, and you have to admit that was a clever way to get passed the anti agression fields. Oh and I don't know how many times I told you not to have him commit suicide. Raril was on the run and needed to lay low for a while so he faked his own death.

LordVader
2007-07-29, 09:52 PM
Of course, technically, the anti-aggression field would have sensed the intent to cause harm and stopped him. The fact that it was clever doesn't make up for the fact that he failed to have a good escape plan, though.:smalltongue:

Artemis97
2007-07-29, 09:52 PM
your psycher shouldn't have been able to pick out a single mind in a crowd like that.

Vhaidara
2007-07-29, 09:53 PM
Erica is a few steps ahead of Raril.

LordVader
2007-07-29, 09:54 PM
Artemis, psykers can do that. It's part of their background. And PM, you shouldn't be talking about overpowered.:smalltongue: Jarus is nothing compared to some people.

PirateMonk
2007-07-29, 09:54 PM
Yeah, it's a widely accepted fact that those Psykers are overpowered.

Artemis97
2007-07-29, 09:59 PM
Erica is a few steps ahead of Raril.

How?

And I have no idea what a psycher can do, and neither did Raril.

LordVader
2007-07-29, 10:01 PM
Psykers can read the surface thoughts of anyone nearby automatically. He would have sensed the hostiliy, and from there, gone in deeper.

Artemis97
2007-07-29, 10:02 PM
But Raril's mind was shielded, no thoughts could have been read.

LordVader
2007-07-29, 10:04 PM
Actually, I think I remember what happened now. Raril planted the bomb, unseen, and then Jarus noticed he was there, as he could still have detected his mind, just not read his thoughts. He was then chased, and caught.

Artemis97
2007-07-29, 10:05 PM
which brings me back to the picking otu a single mind from a crowd argument.

LordVader
2007-07-29, 10:06 PM
Which brings me back to the fact that no other minds were standing invisible onstage right next to where a bomb had been planted.:smalltongue:

Artemis97
2007-07-29, 10:09 PM
He was never on the stage, he planted it under the stairs. But it's past, who cares. What I really want to know is why is Erica considered to be better than Raril. What has she done?

LordVader
2007-07-29, 10:10 PM
I don't know what she's done here, but she's had far more extensive training as an assassin then Raril has, for sure. The Officio Assassinorium is brutal.

Artemis97
2007-07-29, 10:16 PM
Raril is an effective assassin, and accomplished thief, and capable of gathering information from a variety of sources. He is a jack of all trades, and can perform well in just about every aspect of guild operations.

LordVader
2007-07-29, 10:18 PM
Erica can do all those as well. She just hasn't had the time to yet. She can literally morph her body into someone else's. The Callidus are basically ninjas, so she is really good at sneaking. Again, Erica just hasn't had the time to show any of these abilities. But in the end, it's Bookboy's call.

Metis
2007-07-29, 10:19 PM
It is worth pointing out that just because you are a more skilled assassin doesn't mean you'd be a better leader of assassins. Certainly it is an aspect to consider, but it shouldn't be the only one.

LordVader
2007-07-29, 10:20 PM
I know that. I'm saying, she's not only just good at being an assassin. Intelligence gathering is also good, and she performs pretty well even in a stand-up fight.

Artemis97
2007-07-29, 10:23 PM
But like you said, it's up to bookboy, and possibly the rest of the guild.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-07-29, 11:45 PM
Can Artemis's fate be up for grabs? I have plans of killing him myself.

LordVader
2007-07-30, 09:43 AM
You finally got an avi!:smallbiggrin:
I have plans of killing AK myself, as well.:smalltongue:

PirateMonk
2007-07-30, 10:07 AM
Artemis, psykers can do that. It's part of their background. And PM, you shouldn't be talking about overpowered.:smalltongue: Jarus is nothing compared to some people.

I don't know who you could be referring to, given that my currently onscreen characters consist of a humanoid Replicator and its army, an insanity demon that appears to be incapable of affecting PCs, a stereotypical Big Hulking Monster, and a small psychic bunny. Jarus and a squad of IG would be quite capable of taking out three of those if they were aware of the threat, and even with the Replicators it would be a close fight.

LordVader
2007-07-30, 10:10 AM
An insanity demon that is impossible to detect. And I was referring to PM himself. Don't call Jarus overpowered if he can summon 157 CR 20 animal minions.:smalltongue:
And in fact, all Jarus does is make forcefields and throw people. Nothing compared to what some of the high-level magic users in Town do.

PirateMonk
2007-07-30, 10:19 AM
HAve you forgotten his psychic assault on the animals so quickly? He killed ten bunnies and three armadillos with that. And that's nothing, given that most AMENites have millions of zombies or pies or robots.

Also, it's not completely impossible to detect. All you have to do is figure out what's going on and pay Draken or some epic NPC wizard lots and lots of money to research an epic spell for you. :smalltongue:

Draken
2007-07-30, 10:22 AM
Nah, they don't want to inflate his ego even more by virtually speaking:

"We need your magnificent help in this urgent matter, please, help us for the sake of the Town and it's denizens Oh great one."

Vhaidara
2007-07-30, 10:24 AM
Can Artemis's fate be up for grabs? I have plans of killing him myself.

You finally got an avi!:smallbiggrin:
I have plans of killing AK myself, as well.:smalltongue:

Both taken.

LordVader
2007-07-31, 04:01 PM
On the subject-
Jarus is going to stay at the Police Station, for the most part. However, he will unleash his full wrath on anyone attempting a hostile takoever of it.