PDA

View Full Version : Hiding haflings

Shadowbane13
2017-04-20, 08:37 AM
So I'm a hafling rogue and one trait is that I can hide behind any creature one size or larger. So in a sense I can hide behind a medium ally and follow him into combat. Would it be ethical to attach hand and foot holds on his armor so I can ride him into combat?

Ps: more of a joke thread than seriousness. But I am looking for any aid in creative hiding

hymer
2017-04-20, 08:41 AM
Be sure to have lubrication handy to avoid chafing from metal friction, and always practice safe mounting, unless you are a committed rider with a trusted mount.

nickl_2000
2017-04-20, 08:43 AM
So I'm a hafling rogue and one trait is that I can hide behind any creature one size or larger. So in a sense I can hide behind a medium ally and follow him into combat. Would it be ethical to attach hand and foot holds on his armor so I can ride him into combat?

Ps: more of a joke thread than seriousness. But I am looking for any aid in creative hiding

Depends on the intelligence of the Medium Sized creature. It's perfectly acceptable if all that can do is shout Hodor over and over again ;)

Aett_Thorn
2017-04-20, 08:45 AM
Depends on the intelligence of the Medium Sized creature. It's perfectly acceptable if all that can do is shout Hodor over and over again ;)

Could a Halfling Beastmaster use Hodor as his animal companion?

Naanomi
2017-04-20, 08:46 AM
A lightfoot halfling beastmaster can do some trick riding and hide behind his own mount

Can we refluff Hodor as ape

hymer
2017-04-20, 08:47 AM
A lightfoot halfling beastmaster can do some trick riding and hide behind his own mount

Now we only need a way to ride a mount that you keep in your pocket, and we've got the 3.X tower shield paradox working again.

nickl_2000
2017-04-20, 08:49 AM
Now we only need a way to ride a mount that you keep in your pocket, and we've got the 3.X tower shield paradox working again.

Special magic creature with Enlarge/Reduce at will ability?

nickl_2000
2017-04-20, 08:51 AM

I'd allow it, although I am not sure that Hodor is considered to be Medium sized.

hymer
2017-04-20, 08:53 AM
I'd allow it, although I am not sure that Hodor is considered to be Medium sized.

Is he considered a beast, then?

Aett_Thorn
2017-04-20, 08:53 AM

If Goliaths and Half-Orcs are medium, I see no reason to not have Hodor be medium.

Naanomi
2017-04-20, 08:56 AM
A halfling mystic using microscopic form can hide behind Tiny creatures like ants

hymer
2017-04-20, 09:07 AM
A halfling mystic using microscopic form can hide behind Tiny creatures like ants

Or the halfling can simply use a microscope when looking at allies, making them loom large and so be capable of hiding behind them.

Edit: It's a variation on somethng my uncle once taught me about hunting elephants. What you need is tweezers, a glass jar with a lid, and binoculars. First you go scout for the elephants, and when you see them (using the binoculars, perhaps), you turn the binoculars backwards, making the elephants tiny. Then you pick them up with the tweezers (carefully, of course) and place them in the jar.

Laserlight
2017-04-20, 09:40 AM
In 4e, I had a pixie sorcerer and someone else had a warforged barbarian. My pixie insisted that the warforged's head was empty (given that player's tactics, there was some justification for this claim); my goal was for the pixie to ride inside the forged's head and shoot firebolts through the eye slots.