PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bypassing Crit immunity, Sniper Goggles bonus damage on Crit

Rainshine
2017-04-20, 07:44 PM
Two questions in this post; I'm looking for ways to bypass the critical immunity of my enemies in general (constructs, oozes, etc). I'm aware there is a 3.5 feat for it, but I was hoping there was something in PF that did something similar (I found a post saying something about a piece in PoW:E, but I couldn't find anything in the book about it). With Twisting Wind Shot and Phantom Sunstorm as manuevers readied, I'd like something that can make that combo useful against giant robots and the like.

The second part of the question involves the Sniper Goggles (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/e-g/goggles-sniper-goggles/) item. My DM OK'ed them working with the Stalker Deadly Strikes precision damage, and right now I get 5d8 DS dice, so that's +10 on every DS hit. It's an additive bonus, and the general rule I've always played by is flat bonuses that don't involve rolling dice get multiplied, like Power Attack and Deadly Aim, and that die bonuses don't. However, the language attaches it to the Sneak Attack dice, which are precision damage which is one of the things called out as not being multiplied on crit; sadly, I'm leaning towards the call that I can't multiply them, but I was curious what the thoughts around here were

Florian
2017-04-21, 02:05 AM
You canīt multiply precision damage on a crit, no matter what format is used (flat bonus vs. dice).

As for your other questions, thereīre so few creatures with SA immunity left in PF, itīs not really interesting to invest anything here.