PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Downtime Earning Monies

GR0PED
2017-04-21, 07:01 AM
When all else fails, an adventurer can turn to an honest trade to earn a living.

Resources
Taking on a job requires one workweek of work.

Resolution
To determine how much money a character earns, the character makes an ability check: Strength (Athletics), Intelligence with a set of tools, Charisma (Performance), or Charisma with a musical instrument. Consult the Wages table to see how much money is generated by the check’s total.

Wages
Check : Value

9 or less : Poor lifestyle for the week (1gp 4sp)

10–14 : Modest lifestyle for the week (7gp)

15–20 : Comfortable lifestyle for the week (14gp)

21+ : Comfortable lifestyle for the week, (14gp) +25 gp

This downtime activity covers boxing, wrestling, and other nonlethal forms of combat. If you want to introduce an arena with battles to the death, use standard combat rules.

Resources
This activity requires one workweek of effort from a character.
Resolution
The character must make a series of checks, with a DC determined at random based on the quality of the opposition that the character runs into. The challenge in pit fighting lies in the mystery of your opponents.The character makes three checks: Strength (Athletics), Dexterity (Acrobatics), and Wisdom (Insight). The DC is 5 + 2d10, generating a separate DC for each check. Consult the Pit Fighting Results table to see how the character does.

Pit Fighting Results
Result : Value

0 : Lose your bouts, earning nothing

1 : Win 50 gp

2 : Win 100 gp

3 : Win 200 gp

So i have been working on my dwarven city quite a bit as its going to be the center piece of a peaceful land featuring the yawning portal where groups of wanabe adventures fight for the entertainment of the drunken onlookers ~ whilst doing this i worked in most of the downtime activities from various sources taking which ever i felt was more appropriate and home brewing else where ~

My main concern is there's plenty for mages to sink their money into where the rest of the party may not but there is a lack of mage orientated money making activities to fund researching etc unless your more physically focused.. Now this is a large city and it wouldn't be too crazy to work in an arcana based version of work ? But i am worried about making it too broken ? or perhaps that shouldn't be a problem since magical work is worth far more than regular work ? What are your guys thoughts on this ? Downtime is going to be a big thing in my campaign between adventures..

(Also don't want to push mages into the idea its good to sell magic items and i am using a system where they pretty much lose money unless they are selling a magic item of rare quality or higher.)