PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royale XI

Zar Peter
2017-04-21, 12:03 PM
Battle Royale XI

Hello all to this old game, first invented by Calamity. I ran this game last October and I got a stab in the back to do it again so: It's time again for an old school game of pure luck (And deception. And backstabbing, if you're into this).

Here are the rules:

1) Every player has to choose a class before the game and starts with 40HP.

2) I will roll a d20 for initiave for everyone at the start of each round! If the initiative is equal for two or more player there will be an additional dice roll to determine who comes first (d20).

2A) I will open a thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?43-Dice-Rolls) and roll everything relevant for the game there for everyone to see. I will link the rolls in my posts in this thread.

3) Every player will have a normal attack that deals 1d20 damage.

4) There are 13 classes (if you have suggestions for others I am willing to hear them!).

5) The classes each have their own special abilities, which will be listed below. Each ability can only be used every 3 rounds! (So if you use it in round #1 you can't use it until round #4.) The Monk ability Pray, Barbarian ability Rage, Cleric ability Blessing and Mage ability Ice Patch are exceptions and can only be used every 5 rounds.

6) You choose your action each round, whether you're just gonna attack with your normal attack or use one of your special abilit or go into defensive stance (see rule 7). You send me these actions in PM's.

7) If a player get's hit in one round he can choose to defend himself in the next round. Defending gives the hurt player a damage reduction on every attack against him of half the HP he lost in the last round (rounded down). Defending player may attack, but only with a reduced normal attack (1d20-10, if your roll is negative you miss your opponent). Defensive stance also needs to be announced in PM.

8) You can be healed past 40HP (Keep in mind that you'll probably get mobbed if you do though.

9) If you don't act during a round, the inactivity demon will come in and deal 1d10 damage to you. This damage raises +5 for each round you don't act (2 rounds in a row inactive give you a 1d15 damage, 3 rounds 1d20 and so on.

10) You will have at least 48 hours to pm your actions, choose them wisely! The day is over when I announce in thread that the day is over. If I mistake the time and end the day before 48 hours have past since the last round ended you have the right to point out my mistake and humiliate me openly in a not too unfriendly way (I think that one happened only once yet).

11) Try to have fun! Boasting and moaning in thread is encouraged :smallbiggrin:.

Here are the classes and the special abilities:

Swordsman/woman:
Swordsmanship: Do 1d20+8 damage to any target
Counterattack: Do 1d20 damage to anyone who attacks the Swordsman/woman. Takes full damage from attack.

Wizard:
Barrier: 1d10 damage to anyone who attacks the casting mage. Their attack is still executed but halved.
Dispel: No special ability affects the Wizard this turn.

Rogue:
Hide: Can't be attacked until the next round.
Sneak Attack: Deals 1d20+10 damage to target if the target uses a special ability this turn.

Archer:
Rapid Shot: Deals 1d12+5 damage to two targets.
Aim: Choose a target. Next turn at Initiative 99, deals 1d20+5 damage to chosen target. Does not get an action next turn. This ability is not affected by other abilities, for instance, it isn't affected by Pray

Monk:
Pray: Damage done to the praying monk is halved, damage dealt by the praying monk is also halved (rounded down). This lasts for 3 rounds.
Throw: Make one player collide with another, both taking 1d10 damage. The targets also have a 50% chance of losing their next action (I will roll a 1d2, if it's a 1 you lose your action).

Cleric:
Heal: 1d10 hp is granted to target (can't be cast on self)
Blessing: Makes the target gain +5 damage to all attacks for 3 rounds.

Ninja:
First Strike: This is the same as a regular attack except that it will always go first (Initiative 99).
Last Strike: This is the same as a regular attack except that it will always go last (Initiative 0). The player gives a clear parameter by which the target is chosen. (I.E. Player with highest/lowest hp)

Sorcerer/Sorceress:
Fireball: Select an initiative value. Everyone within 2 initiative of that value takes 1d10 damage.
Energy Bolt: Deals 1d16 damage and causes the target to take their next action at Initiative 0

Barbarian:
Rage: An enraged attack that deals 1d20 damage. For the next three rounds the barbarian gets +1 damage to all attacks every time the barabarian is attacked or takes damage
Taunt: Target player can not use special abilities for their next 2 actions.

Mage:
Freeze Ray: Deals 1d12 to the target and freezes them, making them lose their next action.
Ice Patch: Select a initiative value. For 3 rounds, everyone who acts within 2 initiative of that value has their initiative lowered by 5 only during the rounds they act within this range. You are not affected by this effect.

Psychic:
Premonition: Acts at Initiative 100: Choose a target of your choice, any attack or ability that they use on you this round has no effect, Cannot avoid Aim.
Confuse: The target of target player's next action is chosen at random. It can not be you.

Druid:
Entangle: Select an initiative value. Everyone within 1 initiative of that value loses their next action.
Animal Companion: You may either deal 1d20+5 damage to a target, or have your Animal companion absorb all damage this round. If the damage exceeds 20, lose the ability to use your animal companion.

Mime:
Quick Mimic: You copy the action of the person who acts right before you in initiative (if it's a tie, you can choose out of those who have tied for that initiative). You can choose your target with this type of mimicry.
Mimic: You copy the action and target of any other player.

Gunslinger:
Action: Gunstrike! 2d20 Damage. Requires a reload after each use.
Action: Reload - allows a use of Gunstrike, no cooldown, no other action in the round of the reload.
The Gunslinger starts with a loaded gun.

Scimitar-Chucker:
Scimitar Sweep: Do 1d20+8 damage to any target
Grab the Scimitar-Chucks by the Chains and Wave them Around at Random: Has a 1/3 of success. If it fails, 1d10 damage is self-inflicted. If it succeeds, 2d20+5.

Master of Masks:
Face Off: All actions that are directed at your target are directed at you and vice versa. If your target attacks you the attack is not affected by this ability.
Power of the Mask: You copy the latest special action of your target. You also copy the cool-down time of this action.

If you have questions or suggestions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Sign up is open for about one week, I will try to start the game on Sunday, 30th of April 2017, for me a date to remember, since I turn 44 the day before. Man, I'm old.

Indarra
2017-04-21, 07:49 PM
In as a Cleric. Do I have to pick a church?

Edit: in as an atheist cleric.

Xihirli
2017-04-21, 08:35 PM
Proposed class:

Scimitar-Chucker:
Grab the Scimitar-Chucks by the Chains and Wave them Around at Random: Has a one in twenty chance of success. If it fails, 1d20 damage is self-inflicted. If it succeeds, instant kill.

I'll take Sorceress if SC isn't acceptable.

Tom the Mime
2017-04-21, 08:47 PM
I feel obliged to be a mime in this. I guess what other players choose will either make me a mime or the mime.

Duck999
2017-04-21, 11:18 PM
I'll go Rogue.

Zar Peter
2017-04-22, 05:53 AM

Well, it's not necessary but if you like... every roleplay is encouraged. If you don't do any than either I will invent something in the narration or not (if I don't find anything).

Xihirli
2017-04-22, 07:31 AM

You should be an ATHEIST cleric!

Indarra
2017-04-22, 08:39 AM
Haha, yeah. I'll do that.

heretic
2017-04-22, 11:09 AM
In as a mime.

Zar Peter
2017-04-28, 05:06 AM
5 people so far? Well, it will be a short match.

Xihirli
2017-04-28, 09:28 AM
You could give us all just SO MANY hitpoints.

heretic
2017-04-28, 03:56 PM
Did there used to be an auto-notify list?

Logic
2017-04-29, 11:04 AM
I'll join. Class TBD.

- - - Updated - - -

Proposed class: Gunslinger
Action: Reload - allows a use of Gunstrike

Felandria
2017-04-29, 12:13 PM
I want in, but Sorceress is taken:smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfro wn::smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown:

If I can't be sorceress, I'll be a Swordswoman..... I guess.

Indarra
2017-04-29, 02:33 PM
We have two mimes. We can have two sorceresses.

EDIT: Also we don't know if these "proposed classes" are going to be permitted. If they are you'd be the only sorceress.

Logic
2017-04-29, 03:06 PM
I'll pick my class from the list of regenerated ones after we have had a final call.

I'm only proposing a class to be used in future iterations.

Zar Peter
2017-04-29, 05:00 PM
There can be two sorceres, that's no problem.

Gunslinger is a bit... overpowerd I thought at first. But, with the reload it's basically doing the normal damage of two turns in one turn. And you don't have to reload directly after the shoot, just before the next shoot so it's even a bit tactical in the first rounds. Or, the reload is an exception from the three round cooldown... yes, that works. So... the class is ok, yes.

Gunslinger:
Action: Reload - allows a use of Gunstrike, no cooldown, no other action in the round of the reload.

I didn't find an autonotify list in my saves from earlier games, sorry. Also, I think half the playerbase isn't active anymore.

Silent_Interim
2017-04-29, 05:25 PM
In as... you know what, surprise me.

Xihirli
2017-04-29, 09:59 PM
There can be two sorceres, that's no problem.

Gunslinger is a bit... overpowerd I thought at first. But, with the reload it's basically doing the normal damage of two turns in one turn. And you don't have to reload directly after the shoot, just before the next shoot so it's even a bit tactical in the first rounds. Or, the reload is an exception from the three round cooldown... yes, that works. So... the class is ok, yes.

Gunslinger:

I didn't find an autonotify list in my saves from earlier games, sorry. Also, I think half the playerbase isn't active anymore.

How did you feel about my Scimitar-Chuck class?

Eternis
2017-04-30, 04:30 AM
Suggestion

Master of Masks (A.K.A Nick Cage)
Face-Off: (Initiative 98): Target a player. If an action would target self this round, it targets target instead, and vice-versa.
(Note: This does not apply to actions taken by the player targeted by Face-Off)
Power of the Mask: You copy the most recent special action (not including this round) of your most recent "Face-Off" target. You may choose new targets where appropriate.
(If this suggestion is accepted, that will be my choice :D)

Zar Peter
2017-05-01, 03:48 AM
How did you feel about my Scimitar-Chuck class?

Actually, I overread it at first, sorry.

For the class... I don't like the insta-kill effect. That's an ability only used in the first 2 rounds or so, because of the self-infliction and people should at least get a chance to survive round 1. I know, people could pile on one and kill in the first round but you would need at least two actions for that.

I would change the insta-kill to a 2d20 damage and reduce the self inflicted damage to a 1d10.

So:

Scimitar-Chucker:
Grab the Scimitar-Chucks by the Chains and Wave them Around at Random: Has a one in twenty chance of success. If it fails, 1d10 damage is self-inflicted. If it succeeds, 2d20.

And Eternis:

I'm sorry but I read your class 5 times and I don't really get the meaning. Maybe it's the beer I drank yesterday. Could you give some examples, how the powers should work? Then I can decide.

I delay the begin of the game a bit to sort this all out. Also to get sober again.

Eternis
2017-05-01, 05:41 AM
Oh no worries;
Example One
Characters:
Cleric
Monk
Master of Masks (MoM)

Round One:
Monk throws Cleric at MoM, Cleric attacks Monk, MoM uses Face-Off on Monk
Face-Off occurs first, causing the targets to switch: Cleric's attack now hits the Master of Masks. Cleric wins the main initiative, hitting the Master of Masks. The monk successfully throws the Cleric at the Master of Masks, the cleric losing his next action, the round ends.
Round Two:
Master of Masks uses Power of the Mask to copy the Monk's Throw from the previous round. The monk attacks the Cleric, taking advantage of his skipped turn. The two attacks are pulled off, and the game continues.

Example Two
Characters:
Master of Masks (MoM)
Wizard
Sorceress
Archer

Round One:
The Master of Masks uses Face-Off to swap with the Wizard, who uses Barrier, the Sorceress targets initiative 15 with Fireball, and the archer Rapid-Shots the MoM and the Sorceress.
Archer has initiative 14, Wizard 16, sorceress 12.
The wizard successfully uses barrier, giving himself that shield, followed by the archer's rapid-shot; the rapid shot's target of Master of Masks is redirected towards the wizard, activating barrier, and hits the sorceress normally. Then, sorceress hits both wizard and archer with her fireball (as it's not targeted at a player, face-off doesn't redirect it), triggering barrier on the Wizard.
Round Two:
A series of normal attacks because why not? Everyone is still alive, though.
Round Three:
MoM uses Power of the Mask, wizard uses Dispel, Archer attacks MoM and Sorceress blasts MoM with an Energy Bolt.
Wizard comes in with initiative 20, activating his dispel. This is followed by MoM's Power of the Mask, which copies the Wizard's Barrier from Round One (as opposed to dispel; Power of the Mask can never copy from the same round). Then Archer with his attack and the Sorceress with her Energy Bolt. Both attack and bolt are halved by Barrier, which damages both the archer and the sorceress.

Xihirli
2017-05-03, 04:04 PM
Actually, I overread it at first, sorry.

For the class... I don't like the insta-kill effect. That's an ability only used in the first 2 rounds or so, because of the self-infliction and people should at least get a chance to survive round 1. I know, people could pile on one and kill in the first round but you would need at least two actions for that.

I would change the insta-kill to a 2d20 damage and reduce the self inflicted damage to a 1d10.

So:

Scimitar-Chucker:
Grab the Scimitar-Chucks by the Chains and Wave them Around at Random: Has a one in twenty chance of success. If it fails, 1d10 damage is self-inflicted. If it succeeds, 2d20.

And Eternis:

I'm sorry but I read your class 5 times and I don't really get the meaning. Maybe it's the beer I drank yesterday. Could you give some examples, how the powers should work? Then I can decide.

I delay the begin of the game a bit to sort this all out. Also to get sober again.

I'll take it!

Zar Peter
2017-05-04, 04:11 PM
Oh no worries;
Example One
Characters:
Cleric
Monk
Master of Masks (MoM)

Round One:
Monk throws Cleric at MoM, Cleric attacks Monk, MoM uses Face-Off on Monk
Face-Off occurs first, causing the targets to switch: Cleric's attack now hits the Master of Masks. Cleric wins the main initiative, hitting the Master of Masks. The monk successfully throws the Cleric at the Master of Masks, the cleric losing his next action, the round ends.
Round Two:
Master of Masks uses Power of the Mask to copy the Monk's Throw from the previous round. The monk attacks the Cleric, taking advantage of his skipped turn. The two attacks are pulled off, and the game continues.

Example Two
Characters:
Master of Masks (MoM)
Wizard
Sorceress
Archer

Round One:
The Master of Masks uses Face-Off to swap with the Wizard, who uses Barrier, the Sorceress targets initiative 15 with Fireball, and the archer Rapid-Shots the MoM and the Sorceress.
Archer has initiative 14, Wizard 16, sorceress 12.
The wizard successfully uses barrier, giving himself that shield, followed by the archer's rapid-shot; the rapid shot's target of Master of Masks is redirected towards the wizard, activating barrier, and hits the sorceress normally. Then, sorceress hits both wizard and archer with her fireball (as it's not targeted at a player, face-off doesn't redirect it), triggering barrier on the Wizard.
Round Two:
A series of normal attacks because why not? Everyone is still alive, though.
Round Three:
MoM uses Power of the Mask, wizard uses Dispel, Archer attacks MoM and Sorceress blasts MoM with an Energy Bolt.
Wizard comes in with initiative 20, activating his dispel. This is followed by MoM's Power of the Mask, which copies the Wizard's Barrier from Round One (as opposed to dispel; Power of the Mask can never copy from the same round). Then Archer with his attack and the Sorceress with her Energy Bolt. Both attack and bolt are halved by Barrier, which damages both the archer and the sorceress.

Ok, I get Power of the Mask. It's basically the ability to copy any special action from any other character if this action was used recently (not in the actual round)

And Face-Off, if I read this correct, swaps your character with the target character. So, any attacks that will hit you hit the other and any attacks that would hit the other would hit you. Basically you bet that you will get beaten up hard and hope that your target isn't targeted by anyone. Oh, and when your target decides to beat you up he isn't hindered by Face-Off since he would attack himself because he looks like you and that wouldn't make sense.

If that is so I will allow it. The down-time of the Power of the Mask depends on the copied action. (3 or 5 rounds)

If that's ok I will start the game in about 19-20 hours from now on. Sign up still open. You also may change your class if you like, I wrap it all up tomorrow and post an end time when changing is not allowed.

Zar Peter
2017-05-05, 12:31 PM
THE GAME IS ON - Round 1

Ok, well, I rolled Initiative here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?524071-Battle-Royale-XI-Dice-Rolls&p=21984577#post21984577) and this is the table:

Initiative Name Hitpoints Class Action state
19 Logic 40 Gunslinger/TBD
18 Tom the Mime 40 Mime
18 Eternis 40 Master of Masks
18 Indarra 40 Cleric
18 Duck999 40 Rogue
13 heretic 40 Mime
11 Felandria 40 Sorceress
10 Xihirli 40 Scimitar Chucker

Please check your classes!. Logic, you need to tell me what you want.

And with that happy fighting! I will try to update in 48 hours or if all actions are in sooner.

Logic
2017-05-05, 12:40 PM
I'll be a gunslinger. Gotta test it out, and all!

Silent_Interim
2017-05-05, 02:33 PM
THE GAME IS ON - Round 1

Ok, well, I rolled Initiative here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?524071-Battle-Royale-XI-Dice-Rolls&p=21984577#post21984577) and this is the table:

19 Logic 40 Gunslinger/TBD
18 Tom the Mime 40 Mime
18 Indarra 40 Cleric
18 Duck999 40 Rogue
13 heretic 40 Mime

Please check your classes!. Logic, you need to tell me what you want.

And with that happy fighting! I will try to update in 48 hours or if all actions are in sooner.

In as... you know what, surprise me.

:smallfrown: Probably for the best, but. Still, :smallfrown:

Zar Peter
2017-05-05, 05:23 PM
:smallfrown: Probably for the best, but. Still, :smallfrown:

I'm terrible sorry, if you like (as I already wrote) you are in. If anyone wants to change their action you may or write in the thread that you don't want to.

This is the corrected table:

19 Logic 40 Gunslinger
18 Tom the Mime 40 Mime
18 Indarra 40 Cleric
18 Duck999 40 Rogue
13 heretic 40 Mime
8 Silent Interim 40 Ninja

Xihirli
2017-05-05, 05:26 PM
Oh I'm locking my action in. No change. It will be either terrifyingly effective or HILARIOUS.

Indarra
2017-05-05, 06:03 PM
I will not be changing my action either.

Silent_Interim
2017-05-05, 06:32 PM
Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned

Xihirli
2017-05-05, 06:43 PM
'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Tom the Mime
2017-05-05, 07:39 PM
This changes nothing. The attack is not switching to because the interim is silent, like a mime. Or a ninja I guess.

Eternis
2017-05-06, 02:03 AM
Ok, I get Power of the Mask. It's basically the ability to copy any special action from any other character if this action was used recently (not in the actual round)

*A character you've used Face-Off on; you can only use Power of the Mask to copy the powers of "the masks you've made"
But yeah, otherwise bang-on :P

Duck999
2017-05-06, 05:38 AM
MWAHAHAHAHA! I take this opportunity to do nothing different!

Silent_Interim
2017-05-06, 09:08 AM
Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned

'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Do you mind, Xihirli, if I put this exchange into my signature?

Xihirli
2017-05-06, 12:11 PM
Encouraged.

Silent_Interim
2017-05-06, 12:17 PM
Encouraged.

My thanks.

Zar Peter
2017-05-07, 03:57 PM
End of Round 1 - Overkill!

Hello to the first round of our lovely little game of shooting each other into the face. We have a few new classes and we are eager to see how these are faring. Luckily our first contestant is a Gunslinger and we haven't seen this ability yet.

Logic takes out his two pistols, aims and... yes, he shoots Xihirli in the back. With... 28 shots. Amazing what you can do with 12 bullets. Xihirli yells ow 28 times, I won't write it all out, though.

The next one is Tome the Mime who mimes the rogue Duck and sneak attacks Xihirli who apparently where attempting a special action. Tom is happy to find a unscathered bit of flesh in the back of Scimitar Chucker and sticks his paper-sword deep into the heart of Xihirli, killing him in one sweep. Xihirli has no time to shout ow 23 times, which he would have loved to do if he had been still alive.

Eternis, our Master of Masks just stays out of the special action action and plainy sticks his knife into the side of the distracted mime Tom. It was only a swiss knife so the damage is pretty negligible. 1

Indarra, the cleric, goes to the dead Scimitar Chucker and blesses all his actions, enhancing his ability to make damage. Sadly, Xihirli is already dead, otherwise he would have appriciated the power of an atheistic cleric to help him hurt himself.

Now it's Ducks turn and he does what Tom the Mime actually copied from him although he didn't do it yet... I think I have to do something with the rules here. Anyway, Duck sneak attacks the downed scimitar chucker and everytime the dagger sinks into Xihirlis soft flesh you can hear a faint ow. 19 times.

heretic looks directly at Logic while he attacks Xihirli, than he slips his hands into his bags, pulls out two pistols and shoots at the Cleric who's just kneeling over Xihirli, blessing all his actions. Indarra takes 31 points damage.

Felandria, the sorceres, does the expected thing and flings a fireball into initiative 18. Logic (4), Tom the Mime(5), Eternis(5), Indarra(1) and Duck999(8) all get more or less singed.

Xihirli wanted to go all in. Wave his scimitars around and sling them at Indarra. But, alas, he's dead. He wouldn't have hit, though, he would have hurt himself pretty badly. Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow.

And last but not least Silent Interim. Badly ignored by all, even by the narrator, he's pretty pissed and attacks heretic with his bare hands, nearly ripping out the mimes left hand. 19 damage.

And that was this round, Xihirli got a beating I haven't seen for a long time, he nearly got killed twice. And Indarra, too, is in a pretty bad shape.

This is the table with the actions and final hitpoints:

Logic 36 Gunslinger Gunstrike Xihirli Can‘t use Gunstrike till round 4
Tom the Mime 34 Mime Mime Duck, sneak attack Xihirli Can‘t use Mime till round 4
Eternis 35 Master of Masks Attack Tom the Mime
Indarra 26 Cleric Bless Xihirli Can‘t use Bless till round 6
Duck999 32 Rogue Sneak attack Xihirli Can‘t use Sneak attack till round 4
heretic 21 Mime Attack Indarra
Felandria 40 Sorceress Fireball Initiative 18 Can‘t use Fireball till round 4
Xihirli -30 Scimitar Chucker Grab the Scimitar Chucks and attack Felandria is pretty dead
Silent Interim 40 Ninja Attack heretic

And here is the table with the new Initiative for the next round:

20 Logic 36 Gunslinger Can‘t use Gunstrike till round 4
18 Eternis 35 Master of Masks
16 Indarra 26 Cleric Can‘t use Bless till round 6
15 Duck999 32 Rogue Can‘t use Sneak attack till round 4
15 Silent Interim 40 Ninja
7 Felandria 40 Sorceress Can‘t use Fireball till round 4
5 heretic 21 Mime
3 Tom the Mime 34 Mime Can‘t use Mime till round 4

Please send in your actions soon!

Duck999
2017-05-07, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry Xihirli. I knew you'd use a special action, so... I didn't expect this.

Silent_Interim
2017-05-07, 04:57 PM
...wow. That was... quite the round.

Xihirli
2017-05-07, 05:43 PM
Well.
I didn't even get to... wow.

heretic
2017-05-07, 06:44 PM
*mimes being Xihirli's pallbearer*

Tom the Mime
2017-05-08, 04:30 AM
Erm, heretic can't quick mime logic there, it's only anyone acting just before him (in this case it's me, eternis, duck999 or Felandria).

heretic
2017-05-08, 06:56 AM
*facepalms*

Zar Peter
2017-05-08, 11:36 AM
Erm, heretic can't quick mime logic there, it's only anyone acting just before him (in this case it's me, eternis, duck999 or Felandria).

Right.... erm... damn. That's an normal attack on Indarra then and heretic still can quick mimic? I roll it out.

And so it seems heretic only had two fingers pointing at the side of Indarra instead of two guns. Still, 13 points damage.

Indarra
2017-05-15, 08:57 PM
When will our actions be catalogued?

Zar Peter
2017-05-16, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry, due to the down forums I couldn't post that I was on a short holiday in Hamburg over the weekend and that's I'm back on Tuesday but today was too busy but I will update the game tomorrow (even if it's hard because I spilled beer over the keyboard and now half of the keys are a bit stuck)

So, update in about 24 hours, I have all actions.

Zar Peter
2017-05-17, 11:03 AM
Round 2: Licking Wounds

And here is the promised update, sorry for the delay but I hope you are still enjoying this stabfest.

Silent Interim wasn't very happy with his delayed action time so he used his amazing ninja powers and sneaked forward just to tickle Indarra with his sword. Well, it hadn't been a tickle if Indarra hadn't gone into defense mode and her quick reflexes in this mode halfed SI's damage. 7 points.

Logic wanted to strike at Eternis but somehow he confused the Master of Masks with Silent Interim. The Gunslinger shoot at the ninja but nearly missed. Only 6 points damage.

Eternis just stood there and looked like Silent Interim while he somehow projected his face on the ninja.

Indarra defended herself.

Duck 999 hid himself behind the couch. He can't be touched till he acts again.

Felandria shot an energy bolt at Logic, the gunslinger burned his left arm and also he dropped a gun. His Initiative is 0 next round (only Silent Interim can go behind him, if he like) and he lost 14 points burning damage.

heretic wanted to attack Silent Interim but his blow with the paper sword hit Eternis, because he looked like the ninja. 3 points damage, the paper was wet.

Tom the Mime quick mimicked heretic and wanted to hit Eternis but since the ninja looked like the master of masks he hit Silent Interim instead. His paper sword was on fire, though, so he did 11 points damage.

The actions (dice rolls here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22004366&postcount=9)):

99 Silent Interim 23 Ninja First Strike Indarra Can‘t use First Strike till round 5
20 Logic 22 Gunslinger attack Eternis/Silent Interim Can‘t use Gunstrike till round 4
18 Eternis 32 Master of Masks Face Off Silent Interim Can‘t use Face Off till round 5
16 Indarra 19 Cleric Defend self Can‘t use Bless till round 6
15 Duck999 32 Rogue Hide Can‘t use Sneak attack till round 4, is hidden,can‘t use hide till round 5
7 Felandria 40 Sorceress Energy Bolt at Logic Can‘t use Fireball till round 4, can‘t use Energy Bolt till round 5
5 heretic 21 Mime Attack Silent Interim/Eternis
3 Tom the Mime 34 Mime quick mimic heretic, attack Eternis/Silent Interim Can‘t use Mime till round 4, can‘t use quick mimic till round 5

And this is the table for the next round according to the dice rolls here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22004417&postcount=10):

16 Duck999 32 Rogue Can‘t use Sneak attack till round 4, is hidden,can‘t use hide till round 5
10 Felandria 40 Sorceress Can‘t use Fireball till round 4, can‘t use Energy Bolt till round 5
6 Eternis 32 Master of Masks Can‘t use Face Off till round 5
6 Indarra 19 Cleric Can‘t use Bless till round 6
4 Silent Interim 23 Ninja Can‘t use First Strike till round 5
3 heretic 21 Mime
2 Tom the Mime 34 Mime Can‘t use Mime till round 4, can‘t use quick mimic till round 5
0 Logic 22 Gunslinger Can‘t use Gunstrike till round 4

Please send in your actions in the next 48 hours, and also, if you spot any inaccuracies let me know. Thank you all and good luck in round 3.

Zar Peter
2017-05-21, 12:43 PM
Round 3: Attack, Counterattack and Reload

Welcome to round 4 of our game, if you're wondering about the title... well, these are the actions I received (except counterattack, I made this one up). And once again this was a round without a deaths but we are close.

Duck was the first, the rogue drove his dagger into Felandrias stomach causing 17 points damage. The sorceres suffered her first wound.

Felandria herself tried to knock Tom the Mime down with her staff but only hit the left hand of the mime and dealt 6 points damage.

Eternis, the master of masks attacked the second mime with his sword and he hit a bit better. heretic suffered 14 points and nearly died of the blow (only 7 points left)

Next up our cleric Indarra who attacked the ninja with her atheistic hammer. Silent Interim saw the blow coming and ducked in time. Not completely, though, since the hammer chipped a bit of his shoulder away, 7 damage.

But in ducking away Silent Interim took out one of his shuriken stars and fired them at the cleric. Because of his shoulder his aim wasn't very good, though, so only one hit. 7 damage.

heretic avenged his mimic friend Tom and aimed a paper plane at Felandria. The paper plane itself wouldn't have hurt much but it was loaded with an explosive paste which exploded near the sorceres face and dealing 9 damage.

Tom the Mime on the other hand avenged his mimic friend heretic and hacked with a paper blade on Eternis, cutting his spleen. 16 points damage.

Logic looked at the carnage while he silently put some bullets into his revovler, smiling inwardly.

Here is the table after round 3:

16 Duck999 32 Rogue Attack Felandria can‘t use hide till round 5
10 Felandria 14 Sorceress Attack Tom the Mime can‘t use Energy Bolt till round 5
6 Eternis 16 Master of Masks Attack heretic Can‘t use Face Off till round 5
6 Indarra 12 Cleric Attack Silent Interim Can‘t use Bless till round 6
4 Silent Interim 16 Ninja Attack Indarra Can‘t use First Strike till round 5
3 heretic 7 Mime Attack Felandria
2 Tom the Mime 28 Mime Attack Eternis can‘t use quick mimic till round 5
0 Logic 22 Gunslinger Reload

And here is the table with the initiative order for round 4:

20 Silent Interim 16 Ninja Can‘t use First Strike till round 5
19 Duck999 32 Rogue can‘t use hide till round 5
18 Indarra 12 Cleric Can‘t use Bless till round 6
18 Logic 22 Gunslinger
17 heretic 7 Mime
16 Tom the Mime 28 Mime can‘t use quick mimic till round 5
13 Felandria 14 Sorceress can‘t use Energy Bolt till round 5
5 Eternis 16 Master of Masks Can‘t use Face Off till round 5

As always you can find the rolls here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?524071-Battle-Royale-XI-Dice-Rolls&p=22017074) and thank you for playing, please send in your actions in the next 48 hours.

Tom the Mime
2017-05-21, 05:55 PM
I seem to act directly after heretic a lot.

Logic
2017-05-22, 07:43 AM
I seem to act directly after heretic a lot.

You are 3/4 in that respect.

Zar Peter
2017-05-23, 01:21 PM
End of Round 4: Defense and Death. And mimiking, however you write that.

The fourth round of Battle Royale and death 2 and 3 will occure. But who will be the victim? Let's find out!

The first action would have been Silent Interim but somehow Eternis stole his ability to strike first and the master of masks strikes true at Tom the Mime. It's a hard blow but since the Mime was high on hitpoints far from fatal. Also Tom went into defensive stance cutting 3 points away from the 19 points damage, receiving only 16.

Now it's Silent Interims turn. The ninja, slightly irritated by being ninjaed by a not-ninja, sticks his katana into Indarras stomach and twists the blade a bit. The cleric shakes and then falls over, her eyes looking like little xs. The first victim of this bloody round.

Duck notices that Logic is readying his gun and sneaks up behind him, thrusting his knife into the side of the gunslinger. Although it's a well aimed sneak attack the blade is reflected by a rib. 13 points damage but it could have gone a lot worse for the gunslinger.

Indarra is dead, sorry.

Logic raises his guns and shoots at the one who just dug his dagger in his spleen. The bullets hit Duck and cause 18 points damage.

Now heretic raises his hands in the same fashion as Logic just did and surprisingly 2 bullets leave his fingers and entering Logics heart, killing the gunslinger in the process. The mime blows the smoke away from his fingers and smiles inwardly. The second victim today.

Tom the Mime and Felandria both go in defensive stance, Tom tries to attack Silent Interim and Felandria tries to hurt heretic. Both attacks fail.

Here is the table with the actions:

Round 4
99 Eternis 16 Master of Masks Power of the Mask: First Strike Tom the Mime Can‘t use Face Off till round 5, can‘t use Power of the Mask till round 7
20 Silent Interim 16 Ninja Attack Indarra Can‘t use First Strike till round 5
19 Duck999 14 Rogue Sneak attack Logic can‘t use hide till round 5
18 Indarra -3 Cleric Attack Silent Interim Can‘t use Bless till round 6
18 Logic -2 Gunslinger Gunstrike Duck999 Can‘t use gunstrike till round 7
17 heretic 7 Mime Quick mimic Logic, target Logic Can‘t use quick mimic till round 7
16 Tom the Mime 12 Mime Defensive Stance, attack Silent Interim can‘t use quick mimic till round 5
13 Felandria 14 Sorceress Defensive Stance, attack heretic can‘t use Energy Bolt till round 5

And this is the table for round 5:

17 Felandria 14 Sorceress
17 Eternis 16 Master of Masks can‘t use Power of the Mask till round 7
16 heretic 7 Mime Can‘t use quick mimic till round 7
9 Tom the Mime 12 Mime
4 Silent Interim 16 Ninja
4 Duck999 14 Rogue

And yes, I'm aware that Tom the Mime acts again just after heretic. I'm sorry but it's not my fault. I can't even change the dice...

Please send in your actions in the next 48 hours. Thank you.

Logic
2017-05-23, 02:15 PM
I suppose that is what I get for having such a smug face while reloading.

Tom the Mime
2017-05-23, 05:01 PM
What would happen if I quick mime heretic, quick miming eternis using face off with overlapping targets?

heretic
2017-05-23, 05:03 PM
*mimes blowing more smoke from barrel*

Zar Peter
2017-05-24, 12:05 AM
What would happen if I quick mime heretic, quick miming eternis using face off with overlapping targets?

I suppose about the same what you get when you step between two mirrors. It's a nice picture but not much happens... :smallbiggrin:

Zar Peter
2017-05-25, 02:46 PM
End of Round 5: Second Overkill and nearly a self murder

And the 5th round is over, we have another victim, still more than half of the people are left. And that's because so much energy is wasted in killing just one person. It could be so easy.

Take Silent Interim for example. He sneaked past the others just to be the first to strike at heretic and plunge his katana into the mimes stomach. heretic falls over...

... and while falling Felandria uses her staff to whack on the mimes head who staggers a bit and then falls again, this time in the direction of Tom the Mime whom he actually wanted to hit this round. But heretic is dead while...

... Tom the Mime is still alive and hacks with a paper morning star at the dead heretic. There can be only one he mouthes while cutting the other mimes head of, miming to suck in all the miming energy of the dead heretic.

And then there is Eternis who uses his ability to change his appearance with Tom the Mime. All hits that would hit Tom the Mime would hit him and all attacks on him would land on Tom the Mime.

And there is only one left we have to resolve. It's Duck999 who decides to attack Tom, accordingly he hits Eternis with his dagger. 7 points damage.

And the punchline? Eternis would have died of his power if heretic hadn't been killed since the Mime aimed at Tom the Mime, too. But well, you can't have all the carnage if you want a bit of fun. Or is it?

Here are the actions round 5:

99 Silent Interim 16 Ninja First Strike heretic Can‘t use First Strike till round 8
17 Felandria 14 Sorceress Attack heretic
17 Eternis 9 Master of Masks Face of Tom the Mime can‘t use Power of the Mask till round 7, can‘t use Face-Off till round 8
16 heretic -25 Mime Attack Tom the Mime/Eternis Can‘t use quick mimic till round 7
9 Tom the Mime 12 Mime Defensive Stance (-8), attack heretic
4 Duck999 14 Rogue Attack Tom the Mime/Eternis

And the list for round 6:

Round 6
16 Duck999 14 Rogue
14 Felandria 14 Sorceress
13 Silent Interim 16 Ninja Can‘t use First Strike till round 8
12 Eternis 9 Master of Masks can‘t use Power of the Mask till round 7, can‘t use Face-Off till round 8
8 Tom the Mime 12 Mime

Please send in your actions in the next 48 hours. Thank you!

heretic
2017-05-25, 07:28 PM
*lays flat on the ground as little birds circle above head*

Logic
2017-05-25, 10:00 PM
*lays flat on the ground as little birds circle above head*

What is there left of you to lay flat?

Zar Peter
2017-05-26, 02:25 PM
Well, what's left of him is flat for sure :smallbiggrin:

Zar Peter
2017-05-27, 01:55 PM
Round 6: Dead. Just dead.

Forum ate my first post. This is the second try... The endgame is nigh. And that's the way it happened:

Duck is the first to move and he... where is he? He's hiding somewhere again. Hoping to get a low initiative next round so he can't be found.

So Felandria is the first to strike and she whacks her staff at Eternis. The Master of Masks is in Defensive stance but still, the blow is that hard and the health of Eternis is that low that it's enough to kill him with 10 points damage.

Eternis would have liked to retaliate and strike Felandria but a) he's dead and b) he wouldn't have hit anyway because of defensive stance.

Tom the Mime on the other hand strikes at the sorceress with a paper pick axe. The blow isn't that hard but he made it out of dirty magazines. Felandria dies of blood poisoning. 14 points damage.

And Silent Interim uses his ability to stike last at the person with the lowest HP. This person is our local Mime Tom. Alas, the ninja didn't aim good enough so his katana deals only 4 points damage.

Only three people left. Here are the actions of round 6:

Round 6
16 Duck999 14 Rogue Hide Is hidden till round 7, can‘t hid till round 9
14 Felandria 0 Sorceress Attack Eternis Dead
12 Eternis -1 Master of Masks Defensive Stance (-3), attack Felandria Dead
8 Tom the Mime 8 Mime Attack Felandria
0 Silent Interim 16 Ninja Last strike at the player with the lowest HP Can‘t use First Strike till round 8, can‘t use Last Strike till round 9

And here is the table for round 7:

Round 7
4 Duck999 14 Rogue Is hidden till round 7, can‘t hid till round 9
2 Silent Interim 16 Ninja Can‘t use First Strike till round 8, can‘t use Last Strike till round 9
2 Tom the Mime 8 Mime

Duck was lucky, he has a very low initiative. But...

Pleas send in your actions in the next 48 hours, I will resolve the round when I have all of them.

Tom the Mime
2017-05-27, 04:20 PM
First strike/attack vs sneak attack could an interesting choice.

Zar Peter
2017-05-28, 01:14 PM
End of Round 7: This game could have ended here

Alas it did not because both of the higher initiatives decided to pile on poor Tom the Mime who was stabbed and killed by Duck (8 points) and afterwards ritually beheaded by Silent Interim (14 points). The two face each other in the next round which will begin if I have both actions and time to resolve them.

Actions Round 7:

4 Duck999 14 Rogue Attack Tom the Mime can‘t hide till round 9
2 Silent Interim 16 Ninja Attack Tom the Mime
2 Tom the Mime -14 Mime Attack Silent Interim

Round 8
17 Duck999 14 Rogue can‘t hide till round 9
14 Silent Interim 16 Ninja Can't use last strike till round 9

Zar Peter
2017-05-30, 12:54 PM
Round 8: It's not dead yet.

This is the last but one round in this game for sure because...

Duck attacks Silent Interim with his dagger, deeply wounding the ninja (15 points) who can barely slash back with his Katana (8 points). The rogue is bleeding but Silent Interim is nearly dead. It all depends on who has the first blow in the next round. Who is faster?

Actions round 8:

17 Duck999 6 Rogue Attack Duck can‘t hide till round 9
14 Silent Interim 1 Ninja Attack Silent Interim can‘t use last strike till round 9

And the final round 9:

18 Silent Interim 1 Ninja
13 Duck999 6 Rogue

Duck999
2017-05-30, 02:57 PM
I see SI used my strategy and we both attacked ourselves.

Zar Peter
2017-05-31, 12:19 PM
End of Round 9: The end!

And it's the end. Duck raises his dagger to run it through Silent Interims throat but just in the second he brings it down the ninja vanished. Duck slices through the air (which loses 9 hitpoints and looks around puzzled. When he turns around he sees a grinning Silent Interim. "I know I didn't need the first strike but it's just cooler that way" he says and then flicks the end of his katana into Ducks stomach, ending the live of the rogue with 13 points.

Silent Interim, who was that much ninja that I even didn't see him in the sign up posts has won this iteration of Battle Royale! Congratulations!

Here is your price:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s113/ZarPeter/Preis%2011%20klein_zpscvqcomfr.png (http://s150.photobucket.com/user/ZarPeter/media/Preis%2011%20klein_zpscvqcomfr.png.html)

So, thank you all for participating, I hope you had fun!

If you have any suggestions for other classes for the next iteration, please post them here in this thread (even if you have already PMed me, we can discuss it here. Also I would like to hear your opinions about the new added classes (usefull or not, overpowered, etc).

Silent_Interim
2017-05-31, 02:33 PM
Yay! I won one of these! And it was only the second one I ever did! Now I just have to get that trophy into my signature...
Good game, Duck.

ElFi
2017-05-31, 04:13 PM
This game looks fun and hilarious. If another round is starting soon I would very much like to play.

Iceseer
2017-06-17, 02:03 PM
I'm Interested in playing in the the next game.
Well class suggestions summoner, superhero, mastermind or conjurer.
But I would probably be a psychic as a namesake.

Logic
2017-06-17, 02:43 PM
I think I might host the next one. I'll have to clear out my Inbox for it though.