PDA

View Full Version : No love for Improvised Weapons?

xkroku
2017-04-21, 06:56 PM
Are there any classes/feats/anything that helps one with using improvised weapons? I know only of Drunken Master. Is there ANY way to make them usable?

If not, what would be reasonable to implement? For example Improvised Weapon Prof (general type of weapon), or a singlle feat that removes the penalties from all of them?

SimonMoon6
2017-04-21, 07:20 PM
I think this may be a hopeless cause since at some point, you need your weapons to be magical. And you're unlikely to find a +5 flaming holy chair or a +5 shocking demon-bane wine-bottle.

Psyren
2017-04-21, 08:00 PM
Monk of the Empty Hand (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo-monk-archetypes/monk-of-the-empty-hand/) can enhance improvised weapons with ki, flurry with them, change their damage type, and give them his/her unarmed damage dice. The problem is that most of these enhancements only last for a single round; I would suggest changing these to 1 minute.

If not, what would be reasonable to implement? For example Improvised Weapon Prof (general type of weapon), or a singlle feat that removes the penalties from all of them?

Pathfinder also has Improvised Weapon Mastery (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/improvised-weapon-mastery-combat-final/) that does what you want and more. The aforementioned monk archetype gets it as a bonus feat.

daremetoidareyo
2017-04-21, 08:28 PM
Warblade's weapon Aptitude?

Karl Aegis
2017-04-21, 08:31 PM
The designers put in at least some effort into their weapons system. They expected you to use it.

ShurikVch
2017-04-22, 07:29 AM
Brawler PrC (Dragon #295) gets proficiency with improvised weapon at 1st level

Jowgen
2017-04-22, 08:34 AM
City Brawler Barbarian (Dragon 349) only takes a -2 with Improvised Weapons instead of a -4.

Gauntlets of Weaponry Arcane (MIC) will allow them to count as magic and silver for damage reduction purposes.

SirNMN
2017-04-22, 08:47 AM
Vow of poverty gives you enhancement bonus on what you wield at level 4, at level 10 they count as good

Jay R
2017-04-22, 09:20 AM
Improvised weapons should never be as effective as real weapons. If beer mugs or horse collars were as effective as swords, then medieval armies would have gone out armed with beer mugs and horse collars.

Vizzerdrix
2017-04-22, 09:39 AM
This is something that you are better talking with your DM about as it tends to fall into the rule of cool catagory.

I will always remember the dwarf I played that used an ancient family tankard as a warhammer of frost. Worked as an everfull mug too! Good times.