PDA

View Full Version : Front Mission 3 Reference?

Thexare Blademoon
2007-07-30, 09:50 AM
Probably unintentional, all things considered, but... one of the named soldiers is Kazumi Kato. That's also the name of one of the criminals on the Japanese police site in Front Mission 3.

Although that Kazumi is a guy. I think. But considering how obscure that is, I somehow doubt that the name was intentional... hell, I only spotted it because I'm playing FM3 again.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-07-30, 11:20 AM
Your knowledge of Giant Mecha Nuclear Aesops shames mine, Thexare, but I'm sure it was unintentional. The Giant has confessed to knowing about as much about Japan and the Japanese language as a 4Kids dubber, hence the female soldier named Kazumi rather than Kasumi. I mean, if he drew the name "Miyazaki" out of a hat, rather than as an homage to the famous animator, it's not likely he'd have named an obscure minor character against an even more obscure non-character from an obscure game.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-31, 03:37 PM
Your knowledge of Giant Mecha Nuclear Aesops shames mine, Thexare, but I'm sure it was unintentional. The Giant has confessed to knowing about as much about Japan and the Japanese language as a 4Kids dubber, hence the female soldier named Kazumi rather than Kasumi. I mean, if he drew the name "Miyazaki" out of a hat, rather than as an homage to the famous animator, it's not likely he'd have named an obscure minor character against an even more obscure non-character from an obscure game.

Agreed, same here.