PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next [RACE] Adelstyn (help! Is it op or up?)

Zamur
2017-04-22, 08:58 AM
First time creating a race, so i need to know if it's balanced

Adelstyn, stone heart with a soul

From far, far away
This strange race is rare in big metropolis, and common places and villages. They live in rock formation and caves on remote and inhospitable places, like, ice cold mountains, active volcanoes, poisonous swamps and haunted places long forgotten.

Stone and Flesh
Adelstyn have a pale body, where marble and quartz grow out of the flesh, some have a gem eye, that although pretty, doesn't give them any advantage. Their heart are made of a gemstone, and they still pump blood, but magically. The color of hair and eyes are usually in the same tones of their gem hearts.

Adestyn traits

Ability Score Increase. Your constitution increases by 2

Age. Not much different than humans they mature at late teens. But thanks to their magic connection to gemstones they can live up to 200 years.

Alignment. Although they literally have a stone heart, they still have emotions, they can lean towards both good and evil. But as they are born and live in peaceful places they rarelly are chaotic, unless something have disrupted that peace.

Size. Just above the human average, from 1,70m up to 2m, as their rocky bodyparts give an extra weight, they get around 150kg. Your size is medium
Speed. Your base walking speed is 35 feet

Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Languages. You understand and speak Common, and Primordial

Rock Body. As crystal gemstones grow from your body you have some extra defence, when you are not wearing armor you AC is 12+ Dexterity modifier, shield still adds.

Stone Heart. Thanks to your gem heart you have resistance to the damage of it's type. (below)

Gem Hearts:

Emerald
The crystal gemstones that grow from your body are green.
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity increases by 1
Stone Heart. You have resistance to poison damage.

Ruby
The crystal gemstones that grow from your body are red.
Ability Score Increase. Your Strength increases by 1
Stone Heart. You have resistance to fire damage.

Amethyst
The crystal gemstones that grow from your body are purple.
Ability Score Increase. Your Charisma increases by 1
Stone Heart. You have resistance to necrotic damage.

Sapphire
The crystal gemstones that grow from your body are blue.
Ability Score Increase. Your Intelligence or Wisdom increases by 1
Stone Heart. You have resistance to cold damage.

PS:Help with fluff and grammar are appreciated.
PS˛:I don't know the imperial system of units so i use mostly the international system of units (meters, kilogram).
PSł:My bad art is just to give an idea

ravencroft0
2017-04-28, 08:54 AM
Not a terrible job in the least. Good work. This reminds me of gem dragons, which are psionic in nature. You know... this could be reskinned to be a gem-variant dragonborn.

JNAProductions
2017-04-28, 09:50 AM
Honestly, seems pretty well balanced. Maybe a bit on the weak end? But certainly playable without issues.

The Zoat
2017-04-28, 12:29 PM
It's probably a little underrtuned, but i don't get why they have 35ft speed.

Maybe give them immunity instead of resistance to compensate.