PDA

View Full Version : D&D Group Problems, What do I do?

Orwellian
2017-04-22, 12:05 PM
Hello. This is my first post on these forums so apologies if it is posted in the wrong section or something.

I'm currently in a group with a couple of my friends in highschool. So I've been playing in this group for about a year or two, and I've been becoming increasingly unhappy in it. This is because of a bunch of problems that have been getting progressively worse, or possibly just more noticeable, as time went on. The biggest one here is that we don't really have a GM. Or that we have too many and most of them suck. You see, everyone wants to GM. And so we decided at the start to rotate GMing duty after each adventure/campaign. The thing is, only two of us are actually not terrible at being the GM. So what happens is we have terrible, unplanned campaigns that inevitably fall apart halfway through, leaving the next GM to have to hack together a campaign to run before they fully plan it. What makes this worse is that the absolute worst GM in our group is also the one who wants to GM the most, and he is an ultimate power-loving **** who makes forgettable campaigns with no character or interesting story that drag on for way longer than they should.

What can I do about this? Personally I'd like to be able to GM but if it comes at the cost of this then I'd rather always be a player. However, none of the other group members have really shown that they would be reliable as a GM as they have often neglected to plan anything, resulting in us missing games and not playing for long stretches of time.

Should I just leave the group? I feel like it would be hard for me to find a group in my area, especially since I'm not very confident socially and I'm not sure how many groups are my age.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wow, sorry, I double posted this. How do I delete it?