PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Just hear me out. How would you go about making power armor a item in 5e

Sir cryosin
2017-04-22, 12:38 PM
How would y'all stat power armor. What i got so far is adding the Ability powerful build.

nickl_2000
2017-04-22, 12:45 PM
I'm assuming you are talking about an infantry exoskeleton type thing.

Things that I would think it does.

1) Add PC strength bonus. Str 18 or 19
2) Fold out hand crossbows, say a command word and hand crossbows pop out of your bracers and fire then auto re-load
3) Bonus to jumping due the thrusters in your grieves
4) +1 to AC
5) Shocking grasp that courses through the armor when someone is trying to grapple you (electricity goes through the metal of the armor into someone touching you

Steampunkette
2017-04-22, 01:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CapuF8LVAAE1m3g.jpg

Sir cryosin
2017-04-22, 01:44 PM
I'm working on a sci-fi supplement for 5e and med armors will have a exoskeleton and heavy armor is power armor (think fallout and Halo were there is a str requirement to wear) I'm thinking light armor have some kind of clocking abilitys.

Sir cryosin
2017-04-22, 01:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CapuF8LVAAE1m3g.jpg

I'll have to look that up when I get off work. But that might to too much.

SilverStud
2017-04-22, 01:57 PM
For me, I would always make power armor be OP, because that's what it's for.

Here is a futuristic one:

Mjolnir Mark V
artifact, requires attunement
Weight: 1 ton

Mjolnir Mark V armor make the wearer into an unstoppable juggernaut, capable of wading deep into combat and returning unscathed. While wearing this armor, you gain the following benefits:

Your Strength becomes 24, and you count as Huge for the purposes of determining push, pull, lift, and carry weights.
You have a reservoir of 150 Temporary HP. You regain 20 Temp HP at the beginning of your turn. This trait ceases to function until the end of your next turn if you take damage.
Your Speed becomes 50.
Your Unarmed strikes deal 1d12+STR damage.
You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

So yeah, that's OP. Here's a fantasy version:

Shardplate

Shardplate makes the wearer into an unstoppable juggernaut, capable of wading deep into combat and returning unscathed. While wearing this armor, you gain the following benefits:

Your Strength becomes 24, and you count as Huge for the purposes of determining push, pull, lift, and carry weights.
Your Speed becomes 50.
You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, cold, lightning, thunder, acid, and fire damage.
Your melee weapon attacks deal triple their normal damage dice.

Sir cryosin
2017-04-22, 02:20 PM
For me, I would always make power armor be OP, because that's what it's for.

Here is a futuristic one:

Mjolnir Mark V

Mjolnir Mark V armor make the wearer into an unstoppable juggernaut, capable of wading deep into combat and returning unscathed. While wearing this armor, you gain the following benefits:

You have a reservoir of 150 Temporary HP. You regain 20 Temp HP at the beginning of your turn. This trait ceases to function until the end of your next turn if you take damage.
Your Speed becomes 50.
You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

So yeah, that's OP. Here's a fantasy version:

Shardplate

Shardplate makes the wearer into an unstoppable juggernaut, capable of wading deep into combat and returning unscathed. While wearing this armor, you gain the following benefits:

Your Speed becomes 50.
You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, cold, lightning, thunder, acid, and fire damage.
Your melee weapon attacks deal triple their normal damage dice.

That would make a good mech. But it too much for a foot soldier in powerarmor