PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Psiforged: War forged with crystal or sub race?

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-04-22, 03:30 PM
So i have been looking into a warforged char and noticed something which can be said is a spilt opinion. For some Psiforged is a Race that so happens to have crystals in it for PP. Others state its just warforged with a body mod.

So between the two sides. One says thats your armor. The other state there made the same as warforged but with extra ingredient of crystals and you can get a body armor with it.

So which is which as DM would you allow it?

"Psiforged are constructed much like other warforged, although shards of crystal are visible beneath their exo-
skeletons. In truth, psiforged are simply warforged who have taken the Psiforged Body feat (see page 51) at 1st level. "

"Like any other warforged, psiforged look like human-oids molded from a composite of obsidian, iron, stone,darkwood, silver, and organic material, but a significant amount of crystal is incorporated into their bodies.Dragonshards, Quartz, deep crystal, amethyst, and other crystals are visible within a psiforged’s frame or embedded within the composite plating of the torso or head."
Magic of Eberron pg.39

Necroticplague
2017-04-22, 03:44 PM
They're warforged with the Psiforged Body feat. They still have the normal Composite Plating ability, just like all other warforged, since the feat doesn't state they lose it in any way (unlike, say, Unarmored Body). Like the other X Body feats, it's assumed to basically a different 'model' of warforged (thus, why the feats are level 1 only).

Warforged in general can't wear armor, due to their plating. Psiforged, being a subset of warforged, also can't wear armor.

Composite Plating: The plating used to build a warforged provides a +2 armor bonus. This plating is not natural armor and does not stack with other effects that give an armor bonus (other than natural armor). This composite plating occupies the same space on the body as a suit of armor or a robe, and thus a warforged cannot wear armor or magic robes. Warforged can be enchanted just as armor can be. The character must be present for the entire time it takes to enchant him. Composite plating also provides a warforged with a 5% arcane spell failure chance, similar to the penalty for wearing light armor. Any class ability that allows a warforged to ignore the arcane spell failure chance for light armor lets him ignore this penalty as well.

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-04-22, 03:51 PM
What I meant body armor is I could get one of the other forms of armor I.e Mithral Body/Adamantine Body. Since My core "self" has crystals from the start and Im not getting Psiforged Body to change into a Psiforged at cost of a body feat. Im aware text flat out says its as if they did choose psiforged body. But they start with it as a base effect.

Gildedragon
2017-04-22, 03:55 PM
I'd be aOK with giving warforged characters a free warforged feat:
Psi, Unarmored, Mithril, Adamantine, Metal Tracery, etc...

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-04-22, 04:00 PM
I'd be aOK with giving warforged characters a free warforged feat:
Psi, Unarmored, Mithril, Adamantine, Metal Tracery, etc...
Well im meaning Psiforged who start with Psi flat out to also get another body feat. Adaamntine/Mithril/unarmoed on top of it.

Necroticplague
2017-04-22, 04:01 PM
What I meant body armor is I could get one of the other forms of armor I.e Mithral Body/Adamantine Body. Since My core "self" has crystals from the start and Im not getting Psiforged Body to change into a Psiforged at cost of a body feat. Im aware text flat out says its as if they did choose psiforged body. But they start with it as a base effect.

It's not 'as if they did'. It's flat out that they did. All psiforged are simply warforged who took the feat. If you had a flaw, or a bonus feat at first level (through either generic fighter or generic expert), you could have multiple X Body feats, because there's nothing saying you can't have more than one.

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-04-22, 04:10 PM
Im noticing that now and feeling like a derp. I could of sworn i read you could have 1. But it might of been something else. @.@ looking into warforged stuff to long and to much i guess. My bad.