PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Speeding up the natural growth of existing trees without Plant Growth spell?

Jowgen
2017-04-22, 06:27 PM
Does anybody know of any effect, ability, substance etc. other than the Plant Growth spell (or the Elder Evil Ragnorra, or Fey Mounds, MoF p. 43) that can speed up the growth rate of a natural standing tree?

Like, I don't care if it's a fluff entry on a web-article monster about how plants grow in its presence, any and all effects that insinuate a growth boosting effect are welcome.

Uncle Pine
2017-04-22, 06:41 PM
A Planar Sheperd whose planar bubble recreates the conditions of any plane where time flows faster than normal (i.e. the Far Realm) can speed the growth of a tree just by standing beside it.

Temotei
2017-04-22, 06:49 PM
If you're okay with homebrew, I've got a few spells (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=15652414&postcount=1) that could help.

Sagetim
2017-04-22, 06:49 PM
Well, from my science fair experiment back in like, middle school, I found that bean stalks (I think it was bean stalks) had 10% greater growth when watered with carbonated water as compared to distilled water. Didn't seem very cost effective in real life, but if you're trying to min max growth rates of plants and have access to DND magic, you might be able to swing carbonating water with Fabricate or something and then water your plants with it?

Bronk
2017-04-22, 06:55 PM
Maybe... awaken a sapling, kill it, then reincarnate it. It should become an adult awakened tree of a random species.

Time dragon or half time dragon breath...

flappeercraft
2017-04-22, 07:07 PM
Well what about Awaken + Phane Abomination? It should work

rel
2017-04-23, 11:06 AM
I feel like knowledge nature or profession arborist should let you do that.

WarKitty
2017-04-23, 11:10 AM
Cow poop?
I had to say it

Zaq
2017-04-23, 12:48 PM
The SDA Command Plants is not technically the Plant Growth spell, though it does mention the Plant Growth spell.

PAO is kind of using a jackhammer instead of a screwdriver, but you could probably use it to turn a tree into a bigger or more mature tree of the same type.

Coidzor
2017-04-23, 11:38 PM
Awaken and then (Greater) Bestow Curse to increase its age category?

If you're okay with homebrew, I've got a few spells (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=15652414&postcount=1) that could help.

So do those spells just mean the plant has its maximum amount of leaves or does it mean that the plant is flowering that whole time and can't make fruit but can produce pollen for other plants and nectar for things such as bees?

If the former... I think that means year-round, immortal tomato plants that run a serious risk of overgrowing small villages. Ooo, or invasive Himalayan Blackberries causing all kinds of trouble. If the latter, the same, and only stuff that eats leaves or vines actually can gain anything from it.

Oh man, casting it on kudzu...:smalleek: