PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Melee Necromancer Build

Nosta
2017-04-22, 09:04 PM
so I want to Play a Melee Necromancer. I Recently was enlighten to the Smiting Spell Metamagic Feat and I love the idea of channeling lots of nasty necromancy spells through My Sword

So With Keeping it 3.5 and Dragon Mag what class or combo of classes could give me a good variety of spells and Decent BAB

I can Take any Template of +6 or lower

I was Thinking of Using 3.5 Death knight But Then I'd Prefer To take A cha Base casting class with if my knowledge serves me Right that leaves Sorcerer or Dread Necro

Can I get some thoughts on this.

The came Begins at effect Character level 12

D&DPrinceTandem
2017-04-23, 01:30 AM
so I want to Play a Melee Necromancer. I Recently was enlighten to the Smiting Spell Metamagic Feat and I love the idea of channeling lots of nasty necromancy spells through My Sword

So With Keeping it 3.5 and Dragon Mag what class or combo of classes could give me a good variety of spells and Decent BAB

I can Take any Template of +6 or lower

I was Thinking of Using 3.5 Death knight But Then I'd Prefer To take A cha Base casting class with if my knowledge serves me Right that leaves Sorcerer or Dread Necro

Can I get some thoughts on this.

The game Begins at effect Character level 12Dread necromancer seems the way you would go. Is 3.5 Death Knight a La +3. If so then good for you. Is this +6 la free [Also is it up to +6 in multiple templates or just one].

Here is my suggestions. [This is assuming your dm doesn't Nerf the Hell out of Nightsticks]
Now, i am going to tell you, Your going to need more than just melee. So with each of these i have made it so that there is a Area affect and a direct effect suggested.

Race

[That special race of humans with words floating around there head]

Template
Death Knight, Evolved [x however many La is left]

Class(es)

Dread Necromancer 6, Dread Witch 5, +1 Dread Necromancer

Lvl 1 feat

Southern Magician

Lvl 3 feat

Fell Frighten

Lvl 6 feat

Dmm Fell Frighten

Lvl 9 feat

Smiting Spell

Lvl 12 feat

Dmm Smiting Spell

Area effect =Aura of fear:
Direct effect = Bestow Wounds + Fell frighten
Bestow Wound: Because it will have Fell frighten on it and Smiting, Make them fear your blade. [+12 dmg]

Race

Template

Class(es)

Dread Necromancer 12

Lvl 1 feat

Southern Magician

Lvl 3 feat

Fell Animate

Lvl 6 feat

Dmm Fell animate

Lvl 9 feat

Smiting Spell

Lvl 12 feat

Dmm Smiting Spell

Area effect = Consumptive field {to be greater} + Fell animate

Direct Effect = Stop Heart + Fell animate [ This drops the creature to -8 health + dmg you deal in attack. Quite literally. It. Is. Dead.]

Other effects = Summon/Create/Animate Undead. All help full to make more minions

Nosta
2017-04-25, 11:37 AM
Dread necromancer seems the way you would go. Is 3.5 Death Knight a La +3. If so then good for you. Is this +6 la free [Also is it up to +6 in multiple templates or just one].

Here is my suggestions. [This is assuming your dm doesn't Nerf the Hell out of Nightsticks]
Now, i am going to tell you, Your going to need more than just melee. So with each of these i have made it so that there is a Area affect and a direct effect suggested.

Race

Template

Class(es)

Dread Necromancer 6, Dread Witch 5, +1 Dread Necromancer

Lvl 1 feat

Southern Magician

Lvl 3 feat

Fell Frighten

Lvl 6 feat

Dmm Fell Frighten

Lvl 9 feat

Smiting Spell

Lvl 12 feat

Dmm Smiting Spell

Area effect =Aura of fear:
Direct effect = Bestow Wounds + Fell frighten
Bestow Wound: Because it will have Fell frighten on it and Smiting, Make them fear your blade. [+12 dmg]

Race

Template

Class(es)

Dread Necromancer 12

Lvl 1 feat

Southern Magician

Lvl 3 feat

Fell Animate

Lvl 6 feat

Dmm Fell animate

Lvl 9 feat

Smiting Spell

Lvl 12 feat

Dmm Smiting Spell

Area effect = Consumptive field {to be greater} + Fell animate

Direct Effect = Stop Heart + Fell animate [ This drops the creature to -8 health + dmg you deal in attack. Quite literally. It. Is. Dead.]

Other effects = Summon/Create/Animate Undead. All help full to make more minions

hey Dose the evolved undead stat boost and fast healing stack with itself. cause I can evolve 5 times o.o (the gm is giving us Free la of +8)

D&DPrinceTandem
2017-04-25, 12:05 PM
hey Dose the evolved undead stat boost and fast healing stack with itself. cause I can evolve 5 times o.o (the gm is giving us Free la of +8)

I hope so. If not then well, most of my undead characters failed horrifically

If you want, ditch Death knight and go necropolitian +8 Evolves. That way you gain a +16 to both Str & Cha and 8/day sla. If you dm is nice then ask if you can choose the Sla from the list