PDA

View Full Version : Wielding Multiple Hidden weapons & Off Hand Attacks

TheDisjointed
2017-04-23, 08:36 AM
Hey so I was looking through Complete scoundrel and found the hidden blades. if you had the sleeve blade on both arms, the knee blade on both legs, would you be able to get 4 attacks [One primary, 3 off hand] or does it fall into the category of: choose which weapon you are swinging at the bastards and you can attack with it up to your normal amount of itterative attacks per round? ie. +7/+2 for two attacks as a full attack action.

Darrin
2017-04-23, 12:49 PM
Hey so I was looking through Complete scoundrel and found the hidden blades. if you had the sleeve blade on both arms, the knee blade on both legs, would you be able to get 4 attacks [One primary, 3 off hand] or does it fall into the category of: choose which weapon you are swinging at the bastards and you can attack with it up to your normal amount of itterative attacks per round? ie. +7/+2 for two attacks as a full attack action.

It doesn't work that way. There is nothing in the rules for hidden weapons that says you get additional attacks with them. So the number of weapons you can have offhand is determined by your total number of "hands" minus one. Two hands overall (i.e. most biped forms) means one primary and one offhand. So while you can load yourself up on elbow/knee/foot blades, only one of them can be chosen as your offhand weapon.

If you want additional offhand attacks, you'll probably need to add more arms. The TWF OffHandbook has a whole section on adding more arms (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=15034748&postcount=12).