PDA

View Full Version : Rolling two characters: which stats should go to which class?

TexasHays
2017-04-23, 09:40 AM
Hey everyone!

My DM is about to start up a new campaign: we don't know whats going on, the story is a mystery still, but he told us to each create two characters and they'll likely never meet. It appears we'll have two parties running simultaneously.

We've already rolled for stats and I need help deciding which one should go to which class.

Classes: I know I'm doing a Lore Mastery Wizard for one. (All UA is allowed.) The second class I know I will want something simpler: probably a dex based melee class, barbarian, or a forge cleric: I'm unsure so far though.

Stats: (numbers are not assigned to abilities yet, can reorganize them as needed)

Stat 1: 14, 8, 14, 11, 10, 14

Stat 2: 10, 12, 12, 14, 15, 10

The second block is higher overall but both will probably mean a +3, and two +2s, from the get-go depending on where I put my racial bonuses. What do ya'll think?

PeteNutButter
2017-04-23, 10:52 AM
Unless you want your wizard to be a gnome (ew!) than your wizard should use stat set #2, allowing for more races and still a 16 int to start. Although you could go variant human with a half feat for int.

There are a lot more classes that give dex boosts +2 so you should use stats set #1 for your fighter type.

More specifically, I'd go maybe Feral Tiefling for the wizard, winged if allowed, because its overpowered. Stats, 10, 14, 14, 16, 12, 10