PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Body Quick Question

Gralamin
2007-07-30, 02:55 PM
For the Purposes of Psionic Body, does Metapsionic and/or Psionic Item Creation feats count as Psionic Feats?

Jasdoif
2007-07-30, 03:14 PM
I would say yes. Psionic feats are described as "available only to characters and creatures with the ability to manifest powers", and metapsionic and psionic item creation feats fit this description.

JackMage666
2007-07-30, 03:18 PM
I would actually think no. Compared to things like the Draconic feats. Metamagic and Item Creation feats don't count for the Draconic HP feat (don't remember the name), so I'd think no.

Iku Rex
2007-07-30, 03:23 PM
For the Purposes of Psionic Body, does Metapsionic and/or Psionic Item Creation feats count as Psionic Feats?No. Psionic feats are listed under "psionic feats" in the table and have the [Psionic] tag.

Gralamin
2007-07-30, 03:29 PM
No. Psionic feats are listed under "psionic feats" in the table and have the [Psionic] tag.

This is what I thought. Though I see that there is some disagreement on it.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-07-30, 03:32 PM
I would say yes. Psionic feats are described as "available only to characters and creatures with the ability to manifest powers", and metapsionic and psionic item creation feats fit this description.
No. While having some level of psionic ability is a prerequisite for Psionic feats, not all feats that require psionic ability are Psionic feats. This is no different from, say, Extra Turning requiring the ability to turn undead, but not being a Divine feat itself.

As Iku Rex pointed out, when the rules refer to Psionic feats, they refer to those feats specifically tagged with the [Psionic] descriptor.

(Side note: Like metamagic feats, metapsionic feats have no prerequisites, and as such don't technically require any psionic ability to take. However, they are quite useless without the ability to manifest powers.)

Jasdoif
2007-07-30, 07:04 PM
Fine, but that's no fun :smalltongue:

Also, I feel that the meager "2 hit points per feat" would be better suited to those small-hit-dice manifesters, who are more likely to have psionic item creation and metapsionic feats then other psionic individuals are.