PDA

View Full Version : OOTS Fan Site

lokycat
2007-07-30, 08:15 PM
As some of you already know I'm starting a Order of the Stick fan site.

Link removed

I know, some of you hate MySpace and some love MySpace but this is not a MySpace thread, is a FAN SITE thread. I chose MySpace because I know HTML and I can eventually make it in to a killer fan site. HTML is just easer for me to work with and it give me a URL to link so people can view the site and click on the links with out having a MySpace account. Tray and refrain from MySpace discussions on this thread please.:smallfrown:

Is nowhere near finished but It would be very helpful if I could get some assistant from fans.:smallsmile:

1) Any information that you mite have about the comic.
Example: Wen was the comic first started(OOTS Birth date).
Any FACTS about the comic would be helpful to help me explain it to people that are not familiar with OOTS.

2) Donations of fan art and table top gaming content. Is hard for me to tell what is Copyrighted and what is not so until I have explicit instructions from the Giant's teem of what I'm allowed to do I want to take from this site as little as possible. I still need a wallpaper for the background.

3) Any suggestions from you (the fans) on how to make the site more enjoyable and ways to spread the OOTS gospel.

All the info you would need is on my profile for this forum. You can send me a private massages or email me at [email protected]

RAGE KING!
2007-07-30, 08:55 PM
...this is a fan site.

lokycat
2007-07-30, 09:08 PM
Nooo
This is the official Giant in the Playground site, home of The Order of the Stick and gnaw Erfworld and this is the official Order of the Stick forum.

A FAN SITE is NOT official and run by fans, not Giant in the Playground.

I am making a Fan site, run by fans of the OOTS comic book.

AngelicOne001
2007-07-30, 09:49 PM
Looks good so far. :smallsmile:

bluish_wolf
2007-07-31, 12:29 AM
As it stands, there is too much useless information and not any useful.

Take out the books and friends (if possible). They just clutter up the page. You can get the books from the official site, and I don't think anybody cares about those losers. I mean, come on, gnymph? How tasteless. (I prefer nymphets, anyway)

Details and contact information should also be dropped, if possible.

lokycat
2007-07-31, 08:11 AM
Planing on it.:smallsmile:

I have codes that will take a lot of the MySpace signature things off, keep in mind the site is only 2 days old and I still dont have enough material to do what I want to do. I what to leave the books, the book pics have a link that lead to GiantITP store.

Any suggestions would be helpful but i mean suggestions, if you just want to criticize and not help, keep your criticizing to your self. Like bluish_wolf, he criticized but had something helpful to suggest.
If you want to criticize and make suggestions on how to make the site bettor then I'm all ears. Otherwise "Butt off".:smallamused:

I welcome suggestions, you can reach me at this thread, send me a private massage or email me with any helpful input you mite have.

Emperor Ing
2007-07-31, 08:14 AM
ooh im terribly sorry, but some1 beat you to the OOTS fansite. :smallfrown: (http://giantitp.com)

Morty
2007-07-31, 08:22 AM
Giantitp.com isn't OoTS fansite. It's the official site of the author of the comic. Y'know, because it's hosted by the Giant and there are many things going on around here thas has nothing to to with OoTS.

Spiryt
2007-07-31, 08:28 AM
ooh im terribly sorry, but some1 beat you to the OOTS fansite. :smallfrown: (http://giantitp.com)

Why you guys keep calling GitP "OotS fansite"?
It was site with roleplaying boards and Rich's projects long before OotS, as far as I know.

And D&D, D20 ec discussion are still major part of the boards. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Not to mention that comic author can't create his own fansite. Unless he's fan of himself.

Twilight Jack
2007-07-31, 10:57 AM
EDIT: Not to mention that comic author can't create his own fansite. Unless he's fan of himself.

And what, precisely, would be the problem with that?

bluish_wolf
2007-07-31, 04:11 PM
And what, precisely, would be the problem with that?

Being a fan of your own work would make you an ego maniacal jerk and a narcissist.

By the way, who removed the link?

tmacdevitt
2007-07-31, 06:20 PM
:smallconfused: Besides being able to complain about late comics, what ould a fan site bring to the discussion that is not already covered here?

lokycat
2007-07-31, 10:46 PM
I am just a fan taring to spread the gospel of OOTS.

There are still a lot of gamers that do not know about this site, I meet them all the time.

Ether way the site is coming down until I get a response from the GiantITP teem. I sent a massage asking way my links were taken down and the response was:

Your link was removed because you used copyrighted images (not the banners).

The last thing I want is to piss of the people that I admire.:smallfrown:

I followed the advice that a another fan in the forums gave me, witch was to make the site and worry about it later. Gnaw in retrospect i see it was a dumb Idea, I should have waited for an official response, I had no idea that what I was taking was copyrighted. I thought that as long as I don't take the comics Ill be fine. I was wrong.

If they never respond then it will stay dawn. I don't want to do ANYTHING with out there blessing.

Shadic
2007-08-01, 04:26 AM
Anybody that thinks that Giant in the Playground is a fan site needs to look up what a fan site is.

What could a fan site offer, you ask? Different discussions held in a manner unlike this site, a more lenient moderating squad, (Which I am a fan of.) fan-created character biographies, and much more.