PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Reaching out to Fellow players who have played Psionics

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-04-24, 12:03 AM
I have recently built up a char that im thinking about giving a level of a psionic (im using a psiforged) I saw Erudite and throught it would be perfect. I get a psicrystal which can help "craft heal" me. and i dont got to burn 2 feats (hidden talent/psicrystal affinty). So my big question is. Im looking to getting the Freedom mantel so i get the free speed and the abiltly to "Dimension Hop" across the battle field. Would it be worth going that route for a Factorum gnomish razor build?

Freedom Mantle:

Granted Ability: While psionically focused, you gain a +10-foot bonus to your speed. You can expend your focus to add your manifester level to a roll made to resist being grappled or to escape from a grapple.

lvl 1 power: Dimension Hop: Swiftly teleport a short distance. 10ft teleport via Line of sight

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-04-27, 04:35 AM
Also any throughts/Suggestions on alt psionics i should play as or mantels/disciples I would be all ears. I have found Eruide hand bookhttp://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15276.0 and also Ardent handbook http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1319.0. If im missing any better ones links would be great

D4rkh0rus
2017-04-27, 09:15 AM
First of all, I don't understand your question.

Are you asking wether getting a erudite or an ardent is good for a gnomish razor build? Or are you asking wether you should dip into either of those classes for a -factotum- going down the gnomish razor path?

if it's the former, probably go with ardent. Erudite is fun, but only gets half BAB. The ardent gets medium BAB and still gets mantles.

if it's the latter, yeah, you can do whatever, the factotum build only really requires a single level of factotum and the able learner feat. Do mind your BAB as gnomish razor works best in pairs. So you wanna be able to hit the prerequisites for Itwf and Gtwf.

ExLibrisMortis
2017-04-27, 09:36 AM
If you are dipping one level, mantled erudite provides one mantle and one feat, while ardent provides two mantles and an additional 1/4 base attack bonus. So your question is: do I want a mantle power more than I want a feat? If you are dipping two levels, ardent provides an additional mantle, which gives it an edge over the erudite. If you take Practiced Manifester, ardent can get you higher-level powers, as well.

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-04-27, 04:46 PM
Sorry if my question was confusing. I'm trying to figure out if a disciple is a better choice then a mantle. I dont plan on more then 1 level dip for a Psiconic class. I was informed as a warforged getting a psicrystal is really good due to having it be able to help heal you every night. The build im going for is the gnome quick razor build and yes going the ijiatsu strike route. I was seeing if any other mantel or disciple would be better for the build up since. I plan on taking feats that allow me to remove the enemys Dex and to make them flat footed as much as I physcially can.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-04-27, 04:53 PM
Ardent can be real nice for a dip if you time it right, because it's got a weird way of picking powers: it gets access to new power levels based on its manifester level, not its class level. Meaning that if you have at least four outside hit dice and take Practiced Manifester at the same time you take the dip, you can potentially skip all the way to 3rd level powers. (You might have trouble affording them, but you can do it).

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-04-27, 05:11 PM
As a Psiforged I do get PP ever other level and with a psionic class i would get some addtional ones as well. So Being able to use them isnt a long term issue.