PDA

View Full Version : Count Dooku V.S Darth Marr

ArlEammon
2017-04-24, 01:41 PM
Count Dooku was arguably one of the top three duelists in all of the Star Wars Galaxy at his time of the prequel films. Even Anakin, who defeated and killed him, was arguably an inferior duelist, defeating him because of incompatible martial arts styles. Count Dooku's martial art was Makashi, a defensive and duelist oriented light saber style, and it was weak against ferociously aggressive light saber styles. In addition, Count Dooku was a powerful wielder of the Dark Side of the Force, with Sith lightning and strong telekinetic ability. He could even use The Force to fly. Darth Marr managed to stalemate Grandmaster Yoda, and fight off Anakin and Obi Wan Kenobi in their first duel. He taught General Grevious how to fight and was even his superior at the time, even without the use of Force Lightning.

Darth Marr was a wielder of Force Lightning and strong telekinesis as well, but his dueling abilities were perhaps superior even to Count Dooku. He has canonically defeated at least hundreds of Jedi singlehandedly. Darth Marr was a remarkably powerful practitioner of the dark side; his strength was such that he ascended to a seat on the Dark Council while still in his early twenties, and he was able to maintain his position over the next forty years while the tenure of some Councilors lasted mere weeks. He wielded a single red-bladed lightsaber in combat while protected by his specialized suit of Sith battle armor, and his prowess in battle was such that he had a reputation for routing entire armies.

King539
2017-04-24, 10:42 PM
I'd say Marr wins. Dooku is extremely skilled, but Marr is just better. I don't think Dooku could take down armies.

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-04-24, 11:42 PM
Dooku would have sent an army to fight Darth Marr.

Not saying he would have won. Its just how I see him fighting.

BWR
2017-04-25, 07:45 AM
I'd say Marr wins. Dooku is extremely skilled, but Marr is just better. I don't think Dooku could take down armies.

Based on what? We've seen Marr take down a couple of droids, get captured and die. We know he was Dark Council and probably not a pushover (he managed to run the show for a while), but that's it. Dooku held his own against Yoda, bested Anakin and Obi-Wan (who everyone considered was good enough to take on Grievous, who had defeated and usually killed every Jedi he came across) simultaneously and only lost to the Chosen One going all Dark Side on him.

ArlEammon
2017-04-25, 08:29 PM
Based on what? We've seen Marr take down a couple of droids, get captured and die. We know he was Dark Council and probably not a pushover (he managed to run the show for a while), but that's it. Dooku held his own against Yoda, bested Anakin and Obi-Wan (who everyone considered was good enough to take on Grievous, who had defeated and usually killed every Jedi he came across) simultaneously and only lost to the Chosen One going all Dark Side on him.

Darth Marr has indeed fought and destroyed hundreds of Jedi single handedly. His Force powers are probably less refined and weaker than Count Dooku', but his fighting ability is just monstrous. He hasn't, however, shown this feat in the game proper, because Darth Marr is past his prime.

BWR
2017-04-26, 02:03 AM
Darth Marr has indeed fought and destroyed hundreds of Jedi single handedly.

Where is this stated?

Anyway, if you assume that Dooku has greater mastery over the Force and their fighting ability is about on par, wouldn't that mean you already assume that Dooku would win?

ArlEammon
2017-04-26, 09:02 AM
Where is this stated?

Anyway, if you assume that Dooku has greater mastery over the Force and their fighting ability is about on par, wouldn't that mean you already assume that Dooku would win?

I assume that Darth Marr is a better fighter with less power over the Force.

King539
2017-04-26, 10:14 AM
Where is this stated?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Marr

BWR
2017-04-26, 10:15 AM
Darth Marr has indeed fought and destroyed hundreds of Jedi single handedly. His Force powers are probably less refined and weaker than Count Dooku', but his fighting ability is just monstrous. He hasn't, however, shown this feat in the game proper, because Darth Marr is past his prime.

Quote for emphasis.
Do you believe Marr is better than Dooku or they are equally skilled, because you have said two different things.

ArlEammon
2017-04-26, 01:43 PM
Quote for emphasis.
Do you believe Marr is better than Dooku or they are equally skilled, because you have said two different things.

Darth Marr is equally skilled, but better, because he has the same skill, with far superior strength and aggression.