PDA

View Full Version : Wanna get a little insane and be constructive.

Dragonrider99
2017-04-24, 04:15 PM
So I am making a new character for pathfinder and am wondering how to build it. The idea is: a rather evil and somewhat insane gnome who has crippled legs. He's built a small set of "braces" to allow him to walk around, (at speed 10) so to be combat effective ...: he makes constructs and rides inside them. (Like a mechsuit)

My initial idea is have him be an arcanist. This would allow him to direct his spells through various "hot points" on his construct. (Such as making it fly, shoot fireballs etc) he would start off with a medium size thing, but eventually making it totally immense with all manner of crazy gadgets, weapons and detachable sub parts.

How feasable would this be?

jdizzlean
2017-04-24, 04:43 PM
i know this doesn't help, but why not just play a construct in the first place?

what's the point of an elaborate background if you're going to mech up and negate the entire thing?

Gildedragon
2017-04-24, 05:13 PM
Iirc PF has rules for just that thing.

Dragonrider99
2017-04-24, 05:14 PM
Because there is always the occasion where he is out of the mech, such as in town, or it gets damaged/ destroyed in combat, or when sleeping. Plus I like having characters with minor flaws that they overcome using their abilities. Adds "character"