PDA

View Full Version : Are there any fanfiction or ship threads at the moment?

whispersofaqua
2017-04-24, 04:47 PM
If so, this should be one...

Peelee
2017-04-24, 04:51 PM
If so, this should be one...

The legends speak of a Crack Pairings thread, in the same vein as Black Speech or Lord Voldemort. Or, as I call him, Voldy. Ahhh, ol' Moldy Voldy, we used to say...

Kantaki
2017-04-24, 05:23 PM
Or in less flowerly words: Used to be a thing.
Until someone messed up. Badly.
Now it's kinda no-no on that kind of thread.

Durkoala
2017-04-25, 11:18 AM

Damn, I've been considering starting one of my own. That's a bit annoying.

Mad Humanist
2017-04-25, 11:28 AM
Damn, I've been considering starting one of my own. That's a bit annoying.

I suspect the italics contained a hint that you should run your idea past teh moderators before starting.

littlebum2002
2017-04-25, 11:46 AM
I mean, it's been 7 years. Maybe the mods might be open to giving it a second chance. Ask Roland St. Jude if he'd be open to it, but don't hold your breath.

Kish
2017-04-25, 12:53 PM
Some kind of very explicit "ABSOLUTELY NO UNDERAGE INCEST, IN FACT, DON'T DO EITHER OF THOSE SEPARATELY EITHER" rule might make it more likely to be approved.

(Herein you may find a subtle hint at what caused the moderators to come down on the previous thread, should you be a Sherlock Holmes-level detective.)

An Enemy Spy
2017-04-25, 01:49 PM

Great, now I really want to know what happened and I'm afraid I never will.

Gift Jeraff
2017-04-25, 02:05 PM
Elan was shipped with his dad (back when he was assumed to be Lord Tyrinar) in a scenario where he and Nale swapped, if I recall correctly.

TheNecrocomicon
2017-04-25, 02:12 PM
Elan was shipped with his dad (back when he was assumed to be Lord Tyrinar) in a scenario where he and Nale swapped, if I recall correctly.

Great ... now I have to roll a WIS save or take psychic damage from daring to contemplate that.

Shipping threads should be nuked from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Rogar Demonblud
2017-04-25, 02:23 PM
Forget nuking. Use quantum disintegration bombs.

An Enemy Spy
2017-04-25, 02:31 PM

Not gonna lie, doesn't seem too far fetched in the world of fanfiction.

TheNecrocomicon
2017-04-25, 02:44 PM
Forget nuking. Use quantum disintegration bombs.

Proceed with the operation; you may fire when ready.

whispersofaqua
2017-04-25, 09:43 PM
Ah, I see. Perhaps I should contact the gods (wait I mean mods) and ask. If I made a strict set of rules, I doubt there would be much of an issue with incest and other nasty things.

martianmister
2017-04-26, 07:35 AM

I'm pretty sure it was a fanfic about Haley and her father's sensual adventures.

TheNecrocomicon
2017-04-26, 10:14 AM
Ah, I see. Perhaps I should contact the gods (wait I mean mods) and ask. If I made a strict set of rules, I doubt there would be much of an issue with incest and other nasty things.

It's a good idea, but somehow, I get the sense that such well-meaning assumptions are what got this forum into such a disturbing situation in the first place.

Personally, I don't get why people are so insistent upon shilling for their One True PairingTM or writing fanfiction to "explore" it. Just because something is a possible topic of discussion doesn't mean that it's actually an advisable one.

littlebum2002
2017-04-26, 12:05 PM
Plus there's always fanfiction.net. They have an OOTS section.

ti'esar
2017-04-26, 05:03 PM
Personally, I don't get why people are so insistent upon shilling for their One True PairingTM or writing fanfiction to "explore" it. Just because something is a possible topic of discussion doesn't mean that it's actually an advisable one.

What I'm puzzled about is why "fanfiction threads" is being treated as synonymous with "ship threads". There are other conceivable reasons to write it.

Grey_Wolf_c
2017-04-26, 05:38 PM
What I'm puzzled about is why "fanfiction threads" is being treated as synonymous with "ship threads".
Because there is a clear statistical correlation

There are other conceivable reasons to write it.
Sure there are. Yet, nevertheless, most fanfiction seems to involve, or is wholly about, shipping.

GW

Peelee
2017-04-26, 07:51 PM
Because there is a clear statistical correlation

Sure there are. Yet, nevertheless, most fanfiction seems to involve, or is wholly about, shipping.

GW

Man, you'd really think that package delivery wouldn't be such a popular topic.

Jasdoif
2017-04-26, 08:57 PM
Man, you'd really think that package delivery wouldn't be such a popular topic.But...that's how you get packages.

Roland St. Jude
2017-04-26, 10:39 PM
Sheriff: It was not any one thing that brought the shipping threads to an end here. It was a series of things really inappropriate for this forum.

Don't start a new shipping thread here. Thanks.