PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How can I improve my Dex fighter?

Akasha
2017-04-24, 11:49 PM
Human Fighter(Weapon Master) 8lv
25pt buy
Str 14 Dex 16+2+2(4lv, 8lv, Dex belt)
Con 14 Int 10
Wis 14 Cha10

Human Feat: Weapon Finesse

1lv: Exotic weapon prof.(Elven Branced Spear)
3lv: Weapon Focus(EBS)
5lv: Combat Reflexes
7lv: Iron Will

Fighter feat
1lv: Trained Grace(AWT) - replaced at lv4
2lv: Power Attack
4lv: Weapon Specialize(EBS)
6lv: Warrior Spirit
8lv: Defensive Weapon Training

And main item is Glove of Dueling and Boots of Speed, +2 Dex belt, Mithral Chain Shirt, +2 Elven Branched Spear.

Do you have some idea?

legomaster00156
2017-04-25, 12:08 AM
Stand Still is a good crowd control feat.

Florian
2017-04-25, 02:03 AM
Do you have some idea?

No, sorry. You created a trap build and the only things you could add are critical feats, combat patrol, stand still and dazing assault.

Arutema
2017-04-25, 02:23 AM
Dex builds basically never catch up to Str builds in PF.

Your starting Str is not terrible. I'd break out the Ultimate Campaign retraining rules to retrain those Dex level bonuses to Str. Then switch the Dex belt for a Str belt and just be a Str build with good Dex, combat reflexes, and a reach weapon.

Florian
2017-04-25, 02:31 AM
Dex builds basically never catch up to Str builds in PF.

Your starting Str is not terrible. I'd break out the Ultimate Campaign retraining rules to retrain those Dex level bonuses to Str. Then switch the Dex belt for a Str belt and just be a Str build with good Dex, combat reflexes, and a reach weapon.

You can actually do decent Dex-based/high Dex builds, but you need to good reason to do them and the build itself must provide a good return of investments in relation to the feat tax. TWF Sword/GlaiveŽnŽBoard comes to mind.

The_Jette
2017-04-25, 08:21 AM
Human Fighter(Weapon Master) 8lv
25pt buy
Str 14 Dex 16+2+2(4lv, 8lv, Dex belt)
Con 14 Int 10
Wis 14 Cha10

Human Feat: Weapon Finesse

1lv: Exotic weapon prof.(Elven Branced Spear)
3lv: Weapon Focus(EBS)
5lv: Combat Reflexes
7lv: Iron Will

Fighter feat
1lv: Trained Grace(AWT) - replaced at lv4
2lv: Power Attack
4lv: Weapon Specialize(EBS)
6lv: Warrior Spirit
8lv: Defensive Weapon Training

And main item is Glove of Dueling and Boots of Speed, +2 Dex belt, Mithral Chain Shirt, +2 Elven Branched Spear.

Do you have some idea?

I'm curious about something. Since you need to use a feat in order to get proficiency with the weapon, and most of the benefit of playing a Human is the extra feat, why not just play an elf to get the bonus to Dexterity, plus other small benefits (immune to sleep, free languages, and others depending on subrace) and treat the Elven Branched Spear as a Martial Weapon for free? You're a Fighter, so you have proficiency with Martial Weapons. I know humans get that extra skill per level, but that seems like a small price to pay.

legomaster00156
2017-04-25, 08:35 AM
It's actually no price at all: the elf's +2 INT will do the same thing.

Mikemical
2017-04-25, 08:44 AM
Karmic Strike/Riposte
Robilar's Gambit

If allowed to wield your spear is a double weapon(using the blade as a slashing/piercing weapon and the shaft as a blunt weapon), you can see if your DM will allow you to go with Double hit to get 2 attacks in per AoO. Sure, you're taking 4 extra damage per attack that hits you(using Karmic Strike), but you're getting in 2-4 attacks in return. Same should they miss(using Riposte).

legomaster00156
2017-04-25, 08:47 AM
This is for Pathfinder, and it was not specified that the campaign is 3.5-friendly.

mistermysterio
2017-04-25, 10:15 AM
Can you use third party stuff?

The Deadly Agility feat from DSP would probably be something you'd want.

Akasha
2017-04-25, 07:57 PM
Stand Still is a good crowd control feat.

Can Stand Still apply to reach weapon?

Akasha
2017-04-25, 07:58 PM
Can you use third party stuff?

The Deadly Agility feat from DSP would probably be something you'd want.

No, We don't use 3pp.

legomaster00156
2017-04-25, 08:32 PM
Yes, Stand Still works with any weapon.

Ilorin Lorati
2017-04-25, 09:33 PM
If you're willing to multiclass, 3 levels in Unchained Rogue will grant you dex to damage, which will be multiplied by 1.5 for a two-handed weapon per both RAW and FAQ. Make sure you keep 13 Str to get power attack and you won't be all that far behind a pure fighter, especially considering you can drop your level 2 talent on a combat feat, you'll gain weapon finesse for free, and you won't need to drop a feat on Trained Grace.

Then you can just go fighter as normal and be good.

Vhaidara
2017-04-26, 08:39 AM
Yes, Stand Still works with any weapon.

The problem is that PF Stand Still only works on your adjacent squares, not your threatened squares.

legomaster00156
2017-04-26, 09:33 AM
The problem is that PF Stand Still only works on your adjacent squares, not your threatened squares.
I keep forgetting that stupid rule, because no sane GM would ever follow it. :smallsigh: