PDA

View Full Version : Optimization half-dragon half-giant melee optimization

Axel_690
2017-04-25, 01:09 AM
system is 3.5
stats are 18,16,16,14,14,12 arranged in any order.
level is 24, level adjustment is ignored.
anything 3.5 and pathfinder is allowed.
party is high optimization.
id like this to be a str based character that uses a halberd.

Dagroth
2017-04-25, 01:17 AM
Mostly Warblade, I think. Though you could go Crusader/Cleric/RKV. Depends on what you're looking for.

Sadly, ToB doesn't have any specific Epic support that I know of.

Axel_690
2017-04-25, 01:25 AM
Im not really worried about epic support. The party that i play with think that the epic rules, in their entirety, are garbage; so we don't use them. Aside from a couple feats that is. In our games, nothing about character progression changes beyond 20. A level 30 fighter has +30BAB, for example.

I had considered warblade. I've also though about frenzied berserker. I know i want the character to be a str based pwr atkr; im just not sure what classes i want to use to achieve that. :smalltongue:

finaldooms
2017-04-25, 01:29 AM
90% sure they will say no..but war hulk is nothing but str power attacker. .combo it with frenzied bezerker and you. Quickly hit a point where you just stay im frenzy untill the fights over due to deathless frenzy...on the other hand war hulk pretty much turns ALL of your skills off aside from...intimidate
Edit: warhulk is in the minatures handbook i think, and all it does is +2 str for 10 lvls and i think 1d10 hp ( and once again..turns off all your skills pretty much. .i thimk it says you treat all int,wis,and cha checks as if you had 0 modifer except for intimidate)

ATHATH
2017-04-25, 01:30 AM
No LA, you say?

Toss on the Phrenic template (PLAs automatically scale to their ML; look it up for more details) as well, if you can.

Axel_690
2017-04-25, 01:38 AM
90% sure they will say no..but war hulk is nothing but str power attacker.

War-hulk is fine with this group. i just usually don't use it outside of gestalt cause i don't like spending 10 levels on just +20 str.

I hadn't considered phrenic. I'll have to look into that.

Dagroth
2017-04-25, 01:43 AM
Seconding the suggestion of Phrenic. PLAs are better than most SLAs because they scale pretty impressively.

The main reason I was lamenting Epic support for ToB classes was... no "Epic" maneuvers.

If a Fighter's BAB keeps going up... what about spellcaster's spells? How do you apply upper levels to Maneuvers Known & Readied for a ToB class?

finaldooms
2017-04-25, 01:44 AM
Oh there is also....proto template? I think its from,faerun ...its la+0 +4str -2 cha +2 con and you have a chance of raging when hit i believe

Esprit15
2017-04-25, 01:48 AM
Further supporting Warblade.

More fun if your DM allows you to initiate standard action maneuvers on a charge. Diamond Nightmare Blade + Shocktrooper will pulp a lot of things.

Axel_690
2017-04-25, 02:03 AM
If a Fighter's BAB keeps going up... what about spellcaster's spells? How do you apply upper levels to Maneuvers Known & Readied for a ToB class?

We have a sort of unspoken rule/gentlemen's agreement that when you hit level 20 in a class, you just pick a new class for 20+.

I'm seeing alot of support for warblade. I'm starting to imagine what i can do with PLAs combined with things like Time Stands Still and Feral Death Blow.

Axel_690
2017-04-25, 06:05 AM
Anybody else have any other ideas?