PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Druid subclass: Warden

AngryJesusMan
2017-04-25, 01:24 PM
I've looked around for some good ports of the Warden from 4e and couldn't find anything that I really liked. So I took a shot at making my own. Hope you enjoy, and please provide feedback. :smallsmile:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8zkiOrmVztkeHA2aVgxQ1JtR28/view?usp=drivesdk

Edit: Once I remembered that I intended to add an aoe ability, I couldn't rest until I addressed it. I also made minor formatting changes for my own edification.

Edit 2: Added a little damage once per turn to get them closer to breaking even. Found some stuff that I overlooked in proofreading. Reduced the time granted on the increased damage mitigation by spending spell slots to try to bring it more inline with healing 1d8 per spell level. Reduced the always-on temporary hit point generation, but increased the amount for spending spell slots. I think the Earth Champion's temporary hit points should get cash in for more than the Verdant Sentinel's regeneration because they can only be used to stop damage, not heal it, and they go away if they aren't used that round. Take this side-by-side with a Moon Druid's sack of hp that they get up front, and I think all of this has become an acceptable corollary.

Grizl' Bjorn
2017-04-25, 01:49 PM
Do your guardian forms benefit from your multi attack?

Overall I'd say I'm interested, but far too new myself to assess it for balance. Were it found to be balanced I'd be very interested in playing it.

AngryJesusMan
2017-04-25, 01:54 PM
Do your guardian forms benefit from your multi attack?

Overall I'd say I'm interested, but far too new myself to assess it for balance. Were it found to be balanced I'd be very interested in playing it.

Glad to hear it. Yes, they should. I'll look over the wording to make sure that it's evident.

Incidentally for anyone reading, I was trying to decide if I should increase the damage for attacks. I think the Strength scaling should cover that, but I would be welcome to any thought on the matter. My main focus was on battlefield control and damage completely escaped me. I even meant to add an aoe option and forgot. ;shakes head; <--- Edit - this last issue has been addressed.