PDA

View Full Version : Player Help What are some good bracers for a Warlock?

Nebuul
2017-04-25, 03:02 PM
I've been looking at all the guides and everything, but I'm having a hard time finding a good opinion on bracers for a warlock. Right now, I'm thinking about Bracers of the Blast Barrier, but really only because I can't find anything better. I'm not too happy with those because you can't cast the barrier directly onto a target. I don't need bracers of armor because I'll have an enchanted mithril breastplate. Does anyone have some good suggestions?

They are for a chaotic neutral character. Alignment is important. They cannot be vile or cast evil spells. Also, characters are starting low-level, so if you have some cheap ideas as well as some more expensive ones for later levels, that would be fantastic. I'll be crafting them myself.

Vizzerdrix
2017-04-25, 03:05 PM
Wand bracers are always good.

Gildedragon
2017-04-25, 03:11 PM
Stats?
Bracers of Armor are pretty nice

Dastana are Bracers too

Nebuul
2017-04-25, 04:27 PM
Wand bracers are always good.

Do you need wand bracers if you have a haversack, though? I know swift vs move action, and there are times that would be important, but I can basically still grab wands during my move action. I was hoping there was some kind of bracer out there that could help my damage or provide some kind of utility I otherwise would not easily have access to.

Stats?
Bracers of Armor are pretty nice

Dastana are Bracers too

My plan is to have an enchanted mithril breastplate, so bracers of armor and dastana are both off the table. I guess I could use bracers of armor and spend all the breastplate's budget on utility. That might actually be a good idea.

Dagroth
2017-04-25, 04:34 PM
My plan is to have an enchanted mithril breastplate, so bracers of armor and dastana are both off the table. I guess I could use bracers of armor and spend all the breastplate's budget on utility. That might actually be a good idea.

According to the MIC, Bracers of Armor can have armor bonus effects just like magic armor can.

So you can have your Breastplate be +1 & Ghost Touch (or whatever it is that makes it work against incorporeal) and your Bracers be +1 w/ Light Fortification. This allows you to get multiple effects without ending up with a very high cost item.

Nebuul
2017-04-25, 04:51 PM
According to the MIC, Bracers of Armor can have armor bonus effects just like magic armor can.

So you can have your Breastplate be +1 & Ghost Touch (or whatever it is that makes it work against incorporeal) and your Bracers be +1 w/ Light Fortification. This allows you to get multiple effects without ending up with a very high cost item.

Yeah, that seems like the best bet.

I think my plan is to do this:

Amulet: Combine Chasuble of Fell Power with Amulet of Natural Armor, and also try to raise the chasuble's d6 bonus according to weapon progression
Armor: Mithril Breastplate +1 with lots of utility bonuses (+5 freedom with 4 more bonuses as-yet-determined)
Bracers: Blast Barrier with additional max +armor

Thanks, guys.

Dagroth
2017-04-26, 01:33 AM
Yeah, that seems like the best bet.

I think my plan is to do this:

Amulet: Combine Chasuble of Fell Power with Amulet of Natural Armor, and also try to raise the chasuble's d6 bonus according to weapon progression
Armor: Mithril Breastplate +1 with lots of utility bonuses (+5 freedom with 4 more bonuses as-yet-determined)
Bracers: Blast Barrier with additional max +armor

Thanks, guys.

Throw the Freedom enchantment on the bracers. Make sure to put the "works vs. incorporeal" on the BP.

You'll want to just throw special armor effects on both and then use Magic Vestment (either by high CL wand or party caster) to increase the bonus on your BP... since the AC bonuses of the two items don't stack.

Troacctid
2017-04-26, 01:40 AM
Spellmight Bracers can be nice with Eldritch Blast. Bracers of the Entangling Blast are also a decent option.

weckar
2017-04-26, 08:33 AM
Bracers of armor can also take armor crystals. So you could have a third of those, if so desired.

Nebuul
2017-04-26, 09:04 AM
Throw the Freedom enchantment on the bracers. Make sure to put the "works vs. incorporeal" on the BP.

You'll want to just throw special armor effects on both and then use Magic Vestment (either by high CL wand or party caster) to increase the bonus on your BP... since the AC bonuses of the two items don't stack.

Aren't I better of enchanting the bracers to +8 enh. bonus to AC?

Soranar
2017-04-26, 11:13 AM
bracers of the hunter I think add 1d6 sneak attack