PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Unarmed strike damage and Dragon roar

Long_shanks
2017-04-25, 03:38 PM
I've recently been building a Master of many styles monk for Pathfinder, and there is a question that I can't clearly find an answer to.

In many style feats (I'm particularily looking at Dragon roar, but it is also in the four elemental genie styles (shaitan, marid, efreeti and djinni)), you get a way to do damage to an area that is equal to your unarmed strike damage.

Question: Is this the only the base damage of an unarmed strike or the damage you would do with an unarmed strike attack? Do you add your strenght bonus or other normal modifiers to your attack? So, for say a 12th level monk, is it 2d6 or 2d6+12 damage (arbitrary non optimized estimation)?

Psyren
2017-04-25, 03:56 PM
As written you get to add any normal modifiers your unarmed strike gets (such as your Str bonus.)

Long_shanks
2017-04-26, 11:12 AM
Thanks. That's what I thought; I just found the wording to be a bit confusing.
As a corrolary, does that mean we could add damage to it with Power attack or other means?

Frosty
2017-04-26, 11:19 AM
You can't power attack anyways. You must use a melee attack roll with power attack.

Psyren
2017-04-26, 11:52 AM
Thanks. That's what I thought; I just found the wording to be a bit confusing.
As a corrolary, does that mean we could add damage to it with Power attack or other means?

As mentioned, you can't Power Attack - but other (more static) sources of unarmed damage like Amulet of Mighty Fists and Weapon Focus should work.