PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 3.5 and Pathfinder book lots!

Enochi
2017-04-25, 07:26 PM
Hey all and forgive me if this isn't the right place for this but if you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

A local gaming club as started up nearby and has gotten a fairly large following of players for 3.5/Pathfinder. The club is looking to get a complete collection of the 3.0/3.5/Pathfinder/Dragon Magazine physical books to keep at the store.

Does anyone know where to find something like that? Or people looking sell off their personal collections?

Again if this isn't the right forum for this I apologize but I am having difficulty finding anything other then just single books on ebay and the like. Didn't know if their was a useful Reddit or something.

EccentricCircle
2017-04-27, 11:44 AM
You will likely struggle to get 3.5 at this point, as it has been out of print for so long. Getting all the pathfinder books is doable, but massively expensive, because RPG books tend to be on the pricey side and there are a lot of them.

Charity shops and second hand bookshops can on rare occasions be good for this sort of thing, as you sometimes find that someone has donated their collection, and the people at the shop don't know how valuable they are to collectors, so price them up cheaply. However this method is very hit and miss, since most second hand bookshops won't have any gaming books, and when they do crop up people tend to spot them reasonably fast.

Honestly though, i've spent over a decade getting my complete set, and didn't find a quick or easy way to do it, just lots of patience, and trawling online marketplaces for goodish deals.

Your best bet is probably to look into getting digital copies from DM's guild. It won't be cheap, but would have the advantage that all of the members of your club can use them simultaneously, and you wouldn't have to store them anywhere.

Endarire
2017-04-29, 12:23 AM
+1 to online shopping and digital copies.

Also, d20pfsrd.com has most or all Pathfinder material online legally for free - at least the crunch.

If you truly want a complete 3.x book set, expect to pay over $1000 and probably in the plural of thousands of dollars, for a complete set considering how many books there are.

Enochi
2017-05-02, 12:37 PM
Price isn't a huge worry as we have multiple people willing to chip in substantial amounts. Just trying to find someone selling a decent lot is.