PDA

View Full Version : Optimization How do I optimize a forge cleric?

Jarlhen
2017-04-26, 04:45 AM
Rolled stats: 16, 16, 14, 14, 13, 10.
Homebrew: Free feat at level 1 (v.human therefore gets 2 at level 1). We do not run with the UA warforged. We run with spell points instead of spell slots.
Thought: I want to get that AC up there as high as possible while being able to knock out some damage. Combining spirit guardians with spirit weapon and then using your action to attack or throw another spell will by default be pretty meaty. Add in the naturally high AC of the Forge Cleric and the Shield spell for great AC.
Build: v. human. 17 str, 17 wis. War Caster and Shield Master at level 1. 18, 18 at level 6. 20 wis at level 10. Magic initiate for booming blade at level 14. 2 paladin/18 cleric (we will be running to 20).
Conundrum: Progression slowed down a bit at the start. But it would give me +1 AC fighting style and smite. At level 14 I'd grab booming blade for some pretty solid 1-hit damage.

But what if I grabbed 1 fighter instead of 2 paladin? Progression would be a bit better. Still get +1 AC, get prof. in Con saving throws. Have the option to grab 2 or even 3 levels fighter for Action Surge and battlemaster maneuvers down the line.

Or should I just go straight forge cleric?

Perhaps skip the melee thing and just go straight caster while still being in melee with my sexy AC?

Fixer
2017-04-26, 06:45 AM
Since when does multiclassing give additional saving throws?

Also, you have only 5 stats listed.

Where are forge clerics listed? I am not quite up on my variants.

Jarlhen
2017-04-26, 06:54 AM
No I mean starting as fighter 1 gives me con ST. Not adding it in later.

The last stat is 10, will update.

The forge cleric is listed here: https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UA_Cleric.pdf