PDA

View Full Version : Church Inquisitor vs Master of Shrouds vs Hexer

thorr-kan
2017-04-26, 05:24 PM
Spending the monotonous part of the day theory crafting, I came to the following realization: these three prestige classes are not mutually exclusive.

CI requires LG or LN, zone of truth, and member of a LG religious organization. MoS requires nongood, protection from good, and ability to rebuke undead. H requires nongood, primitive humanoid, and lightning bolt.

How would you build this guy?

I'd say...goblin. LN. Religious Adept (Eberron, Inquisition domain) or archivist. Wee Jas or some other LN god involved who allows you to rebuke undead, choosing the God-Touched and Divine Channeler feats (Dragon 305). Pick your other feats and skills accordingly.

Rizban
2017-04-26, 05:44 PM
Hexer requires lightning bolt as a divine spell. The only class that gets this is Adept.

Archivist can manage it too, if he can find an 8th-level Adept with Scribe Scroll or as DM generated loot.

So, your build is going to have to be based on one of those two classes if you want to go Hexer. There aren't any other options, unless you go 3rd-party of homebrew. Archivist is the only real option, since Adept is just not worth doing.

Archivist 3/Church Inquisitor 2/Master of Shrouds 2/Hexer 1, then just go from there.

bekeleven
2017-04-26, 05:56 PM
Hexer requires lightning bolt as a divine spell. The only class that gets this is Adept.Shugenja.Still Shugenja.

Rizban
2017-04-26, 06:15 PM
Shugenja.Still Shugenja.

Huh. I tend to forget that Shugenas exist.

Rebel7284
2017-04-27, 03:48 AM
WHY those particular prestige classes? What mechanic or flavor aspect are you trying to optimize?

thorr-kan
2017-04-27, 06:38 AM
Early entry was one idea. Sheer mind twisting contradiction.

Who said anything about optimization?

ShurikVch
2017-04-27, 01:10 PM
Notes:
Arcane Disciple - Cleric variant from Dragon #311 - can add some Bard or Sorcerer/Wizard spells to the spell list (just one level lower than highest available)

Rebuke Undead may be acquired from Death Delver (Heroes of Horror), or - if you don't want to lose CL - Tainted Spellcaster (Dragon #302) allow use Turn Undead charges to Rebuke

thorr-kan
2017-04-28, 08:45 PM
Huh. I tend to forget that Shugenas exist.
Shugenas get call lightning. I don't see lightning bolt in either OA or CompDiv.

Rizban
2017-04-28, 08:49 PM
Shugenas get call lightning. I don't see lightning bolt in either OA or CompDiv.

Look a spell level higher.

thorr-kan
2017-04-29, 09:52 AM
Look a spell level higher.
Nope, you're right. 4th level.

But word search in my .pdf completely misses it in both OA and CompDiv. Huh. It found call lightning easily enough.

Thanks.

Rizban
2017-04-29, 11:55 AM
Nope, you're right. 4th level.

But word search in my .pdf completely misses it in both OA and CompDiv. Huh. It found call lightning easily enough.

Thanks.That's why I like my physical copies. I have to actually turn pages and read to find things, so I don't usually miss stuff as easily. :smallbiggrin:

Shugenja appears to be the only class that natively gets call lightning and lightning bolt.