PDA

View Full Version : jump heigth restriction how it work?

Omey
2017-04-26, 11:40 PM
Because i read in boot of swiftness this.....and the wearer’s jumping distance is not limited by his or her height.

My cuestion ¿what is the limitation for medium character (human) when he or she jumps?
How it works?

SangoProduction
2017-04-26, 11:48 PM
It doesn't. Don't use it. Just use jump DCs which are already plenty limiting. (Honestly, I don't remember the specifics of how it works, but it's pretty stupid what I remember of it.)

Venger
2017-04-26, 11:54 PM
Because i read in boot of swiftness this.....and the wearer’s jumping distance is not limited by his or her height.

My cuestion ¿what is the limitation for medium character (human) when he or she jumps?
How it works?

Your height no longer affects your jumping ability. This is a relic from 3.0. The epic level handbook, where the boots of swiftness were originally printed, is unupdated 3.0 content. ignore this clause.

It doesn't. Don't use it. Just use jump DCs which are already plenty limiting. (Honestly, I don't remember the specifics of how it works, but it's pretty stupid what I remember of it.)

jump rules (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/jump.htm) are here. they're pretty straightforward. you can jump a distance equal to your check or a height 1/4 your check, both assuming a running start of at least 20ft. if you don't do this, double the dc. add +4 for every 10 feet faster than 30 your speed is and subtract 6 for every 10ft slower than 30 it is. that's all.

SangoProduction
2017-04-27, 12:05 AM
jump rules (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/jump.htm) are here. they're pretty straightforward. you can jump a distance equal to your check or a height 1/4 your check, both assuming a running start of at least 20ft. if you don't do this, double the dc. add +4 for every 10 feet faster than 30 your speed is and subtract 6 for every 10ft slower than 30 it is. that's all.

I meant the jump limits.

Crake
2017-04-27, 12:20 AM
I meant the jump limits.

That was in the first half of the post: It's old 3.0 rules that the 3.0 epic level handbook is referencing. The limits are no longer in place.

SangoProduction
2017-04-27, 12:32 AM
That was in the first half of the post: It's old 3.0 rules that the 3.0 epic level handbook is referencing. The limits are no longer in place.

Yes. I was responding to ...nvm.

KillianHawkeye
2017-04-28, 01:53 PM

People are confused because your posts have been short and vague and lacking in detailed information.

Crake
2017-04-28, 04:35 PM

I see the confusion :smalltongue: Thought you were the OP for a bit there, my bad.