PDA

View Full Version : Need help with optimizing a character builds

Greatthomas
2017-04-27, 05:03 AM
Tbh i have a couple of character ideas in mind but none of them i want to play because i have built them before. i was hoping to see a couple new builds posted im about to play in a game that is level 10 with free 4la that can only be applied to templates race la gets taken off the 10 levels. all 3.5 books including 99% of 3rd party just need the book name. im not playing a caster though most likely need to be a front liner no tier 1 templates like mineral warrior and white dragonspawn but any thing else should be good

EndocrineBandit
2017-04-27, 05:53 AM
Half Minotaur Goliath Ubercharger, Mayhap?

Inevitability
2017-04-27, 10:02 AM
When you say 'no tier 1 templates', are you referring to an arbitrary list of templates your DM created (and if so, could you post it), or the Tier System For Templates (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7044)?

Greatthomas
2017-04-28, 02:13 AM
refering to the tier system of templates you posted not my rules a person in the game is a kill joy and put his foot down saying no to those automatically

Inevitability
2017-04-28, 02:20 AM
Be a Dark Shadow Shadow-Walker Whisper Gnome. Take darkstalker and rogue/swordsage levels. Enjoy being an impossible-to-detect assassin with a reasonable variety of SLAs on the side.

Greatthomas
2017-04-28, 02:31 AM
see i was thinking of something like that but i dont like tome of battle it was banned for so many games i played in because they say its op. my argument was wizards but hey not every body looks at the game they say, but anyways i never got into any of the classes like crusader in such so i never really figured out how to use the stances and stuff right now im thinking of a dual wielding fighter with lolth touched and blooded one cant figure out what other templates to use though oh yea also forgot to say my stats are 18 18 14 14 12 10

Inevitability
2017-04-28, 04:39 AM
see i was thinking of something like that but i dont like tome of battle it was banned for so many games i played in because they say its op. my argument was wizards but hey not every body looks at the game they say, but anyways i never got into any of the classes like crusader in such so i never really figured out how to use the stances and stuff right now im thinking of a dual wielding fighter with lolth touched and blooded one cant figure out what other templates to use though oh yea also forgot to say my stats are 18 18 14 14 12 10

Quasilycanthrope (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040721a) isn't half bad at +1. It basically only gives DR, but it gives a huge amount with an uncommon vulnerability.