PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Ranged Rogue/Ranger

Khrysaes
2017-04-27, 11:24 AM
Hello,

I am making a character for a game, and I wanted to make a Bow/Crossbow using Rogue, with some multiclass ranger & fighter levels to make a ambusher/hunter style character. I know having 20 levels of progression planned out may not be the best, but it is what I am used to, so building a 20 level character, I can organize when to take levels later.
All Books and UA was allowed.

I was thinking 11 rogue, 3 ranger, 6 fighter, or 10, 3, 7 respectively. No Idea on Race yet, possibly variant Human.

10 rogue gets 3 ASI(4, 8, 10), 6 fighter gets 2(4, 6), and ranger would get none.

Subclasses I was thinking Assassin/Battlemaster. Maybe Rogue Scout if I REALLY want 2 skills with expertise, but the other features aren't the best.

And now onto the UA and Ranger part.

First, taking both fighter and Ranger, I was wanting to take Close Quarter's Shooter as my fighter fighting style.

Second, I would be using The revised Ranger. I would be taking it for the second Fighting style, as well as the revised Ranger's Natural explorer, which grants advantage on initiative, faster stealth speed, and some decent party Buffs. In addition to an extra skill from the multiclassing. Primeval Awareness wouldnt be the worst bonus either.

And I was thinking the Monster Slayer as the Ranger, or Deep Stalker.
Deep Stalker gets an extra attack and speed on their first round, as well as 90ft Dark vision. With 3 ranger I wouldnt gain the spell.

Monster Slayer would get Slayer's eye, which is like Colossus Slayer, but with a bit less damage, and more versatility, giving me information about the enemy type.

Another option would be Horizon Walker. Less range than Monster Slayer, but allows me to ignore damage resistance, and still adds a 1d6. No Bonus Information though.

I am unsure weather I would want to take Fighter 7 or Rogue 11, as Rogue 11 gives me an awesome ability for all the skills I would have expertise in(Namely Stealth and Perception). While Fighter 7 would fit well with the Studious hunter type of character I want to make. But so does Monster Slayer. 7 Fighter would also grant 2 more manuevers, and 2 more dice.

Feats, with variant human i get 1, and 5 ASI, so maxing Dex with say... 2 of those, 4 feat, I was thinking Sharpshooter and Resilient, and maybe Lucky, and one of Ritual Caster, Alert, or maybe one of the Skill feats in the newer UA.

Alternativey, I could go with 3 Warlock instead of Ranger. Netting me 2 cantrips, 2 invocations, and 3 1st level spells, and 1 second level spell. with 2 casts per short rest. If I went Raven Queen and Tome, I could basically get 2 Familiars,(two ravens named Hugin and Mugin?) I could get all of the rituals in the game, rather than just one classes with Ritual Caster. Or Archfey, and get an invocation for a longbow that comes with a 2d8 bonus damage by expending a spell slot.

I would lose +2 favored Enemy Damage, Natural Explorer(which with revised ranger has some nice benefits), Primeval Awareness, Fighting Style, Hunter's Mark(get hex). Honestly, the skill proficiency and Natural Explorer are the things that have me most trepeditious about that.

Anyways, Sorry about long ranting post and poor organization and grammar, please give me some advice, I am not sure which options I should go with.

solidork
2017-04-27, 11:41 AM
The Pact of the Tome ritual book only counts your Warlock levels when determining what spells you can add to it.

What about the Scout subclass for the Fighter? It's kinda sketchy because it grants a Ranger class ability that has changed since the Scout was released. If your DM lets you get the revised rangers Natural Explorer feature, it would be quite good.

http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/04_UA_Classics_Revisited.pdf

Specter
2017-04-27, 11:47 AM
I think it boils down to two optimal choices:

- Scout Fighter 8/Rogue 12 (basically a spell-less ranger)
- Ranger 8/Rogue 12

You don't want to get two extra attacks from different classes, as they won't stack. If you do both Ranger and Fighter, keep one of those below 5.

Archery fighting style is more important than Close Quarters if you're going for Sharpshooter.

Captain Bob
2017-04-27, 01:46 PM
Ranger 5 --- Extra Attack, Hunter's mark, fun utility.

Cleric 1 - Bless (With Sharpshooter), fun cantrips, domain goodies --- knowledge cleric for... MOAR expertise! With Rogue **** you get 4 expertise skills by 7. If you go war cleric and have decent wisdom, you can make your nova rounds really funny - if you take this and go deep stalker, your first round of combat -- if you have surprise -- could be four sharpshooter attacks

Rogue X - All the rogue goodies. Assassin if you want...BUT if you use revised ranger, you have advantage on stuff you hit first anyways, so my pick would be arcane trickster for find familiar (create-your-own Advantage and/or sneak attack proximity). Best part about this is really no matter what archtype you pick, you're super ****ing strong even without sneak attack or the rest of the kit, so really pick whatever one you'd like other than probably swashbuckler.

Khrysaes
2017-04-27, 02:50 PM
In regards to the Warlock Tome, that is correct sadly... I would/Could still use the hex instead of hunter's mark, since it is by short rest rather than long rest, and a couple of the invocations would still be awesome to have(moon bow.) as well as the free raven.

In regards to the Scout Fighter however, I was thinking about it vs Underdark scout ability of the deep stalker. or the Monster Slayer/Horizon Walker.

Scout fighter doesnt get the maneuvers that a battlemaster does. This can be circumvented with that one feat, although even if I took 8 fighter, and 12 rogue, which would gain me 4 more, with Precision being one of the scouts, I would actually be ahead of the battle master because of the other two from scout. if I take only 1 of those feats, I get effectively 5 maneuvers, with two being chosen for me, since I would probably take precision on the battle master anyways. And I could take another feat.

If Natural explorer from Revised Ranger would be allowed, then the only thing scout fighter gains at level 7 is +2 dice. If I could get the DM to allow Know thy enemy or Slayer's eye, or Underdark scout at this level it would be perfect, since the major things granted by 3 ranger are already covered.

Slayers eye and the horizon walker one allow more consistant damage, while the Underdark scout would grant more alpha strike potential, and hiding. The dark vision can be gotten through other means.

So comparing: 10 Rogue, 7 battlemaster fighter, 3 ranger vs 12 Rogue 8 Scout Fighter.

both get 10 Rogue levels, 7 fighter levels.
both get 5 superiority dice.
Both get Precision Attack.
Both Get Natural explorer.
Both get min 1 bonus skill(1st level rogue +4, multi class ranger/scout for +1, and 2 from background for a total min of 7 skills.

Scout Fighter:
+2 skill proficiency,
2 Maneuvers I wouldn't necessarily pick, but they aren't horrible.
Reliable Talent
2 Feats(one or both of which could cover the loss of maneuvers, and would give +2-4 dice)

Ranger/7 Battlemaster:
Extra Fighting Style,
Favored enemy
Communicate with animals
Find Favored enemy within 5 miles.
3 Spells/Long Rest(hunter's Mark)
4 Fighter maneuvers I get to pick.
Know Thy Enemy.
1 of 3 Ranger Archetypes:
the choice of 90ft dark vision(or +30 to preexisting), +10 movement during first turn, Extra attack on first turn, which, when combined with action surge would be 2 extra attacks on the first turn, with potential assassinate, and negating the benefits to dark vision of those trying to spot me while hiding.

120ft range, Slayer's eye, which allows me to know vulnerabilities, immunities, and resistances, and effects that occur on being hit(like regeneration), deal an extra 1d6 damage, to a target, and this is endless.

30ft range ignore damage resistances and 1d6 bonus damage.

What I gain from Scout fighter, may not compare to 3 ranger.

I could do 11 rogue, 8 fighter 1 warlock.
The 1 warlock would be comparable to Magic initiate choosing warlock, but slightly better.
If I choose Raven Queen it would be.

Scout Fighter:
+2 skill proficiency,
Reliable Talent
1 Feats( could cover the loss of maneuvers, and would give +2 Dice)
1 Raven Familiar kind of thing.
2 Cantrips
2 Spells Known(hex which covers the loss of hunter's mark, and can work well with the saves required from the maneuvers.)
1 Spell slot per short rest, which is better than the loss of hunter's mark, but not Slayer's Eye or Horizon Walker.

4 Warlock/6 Scout fighter on the other hand
+2 skill proficiency,
1 Feats( could cover the loss of maneuvers, and would give +2 Dice)
1 Raven Familiar kind of thing.
3 Cantrips
5 Spells Known, up to 2nd level(hex which covers the loss of hunter's mark, and can work well with the saves required from the maneuvers.)
2 Spell slot per short rest, which is better than the loss of hunter's mark, but not Slayer's Eye or Horizon Walker.
2 Invocations.
Pact boon, either tome for more cantrips, inluding Guidance for bonus to skills, another/improved familiar, or blade/Archfey combo for the moonbow and 2d8 smites with it.
-2 superiority dice.

I am leaning towards 11 rogue, 8 fighter, and 1 warlock, if natural explorer from the revised ranger is available. That familiar would be a nice boon to scouting, and I can always try to get slayer's eye(my favorite of the 3 for flavor), or underdark scout(my favorite mechanically, since slayer's eye you can use metagame knowledge) at level 7 scout fighter, I would even take a loss in the 2 bonus skills(compared to ranger) if required...

Edit: I just keep changing what I want to make it out of. At least I know Rogue/Fighter.
I realized, that unless I get a class feature at 7th scout fighter, 7th fighter is useless(since a dip in a casting class grants more than a feat).

So I could do 12 rogue, 6 fighter, 2 bard, and get ANOTHER skill, and jack of all trades to combine with reliable talent.
I could up it to 4 bard if to gain some more spells, but I lose out on the Reliable talent(since bard 4 and rogue 12 both get a feat). This also gets the Bard Archetype.. Which can give me inspiration, in addition to superiority dice. Expertise in 2 more skills and lore will get me EVEN MORE SKILLS, and a counter, while Valor for bonus attack/ac. Slight problem that without 5 bard, I dont get Font, so they dont come back after a short rest. I could drop a feat, and go 6 bard of valor, and get inspiration on short rest, more spells, and keep the extra attack.

So, That would be 12 rogue, 6 fighter, 2 bard, or 10 rogue, 6 bard 4 fighter, or 10 rogue, 6 bard, 3 fighter, 1 warlock(if I still want the familiar, and Hex( which could then be used with bard slots). If I dont care about reliable talent. 1 Warlock with raven queen is certainly comparable to a feat. Although its really only a slightly better version of Magical Initiate.

So 1: realizing that 10/6/3/1, Disregarding race, I would get 3 ASI from rogue and 1 from Bard. (Really want a familiar, for both mechanical and thematic.) Verse the 5 I get from any class other than fighter and rogue, which get 6, and 7 if I take both. 6 with 6 fighter/10 rogue, and 7 with 8 fighter 10 rogue.
So, it would be comparable to taking a non fighter or rogue, and taking one of the feats for Magic Initiate.
So if I want the JoaT and Reliable Talent combo, that is 2 bard, and 11 rogue.
which would still allow me 6 fighter and 1 warlock, for hex and familiar.

Comparing that to 11 rogue/3 ranger/6 fighter

More and better spells.
Familiar.
Bardic Inspiration per long rest.
Jack of all trades/reliable talent combo, which means all skills are a minimum of 10.
and 5 feats(7 if counting the magic initiate comparables of the two multi classes)

Alternatively, I could go 11 rogue, 2 warlock, 1 cleric(war, duh), and 6 fighter. Which will give me guidance as a cantrip, which would have more sustainability than bardic inspiration. I wouldn't get the jack of all trades combo, but I would get 2 invocations, and 2 warlock spells/short rest. and a few extra slots that I can use for hex /long rest from cleric, if required.

joaber
2017-04-27, 04:53 PM
maybe you want to check this thread about many ranged attacker possibilities:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?520309-Nova-Archer-Build

MrWesson22
2017-04-27, 05:28 PM
For what it's worth, my next character will be 12 battlemaster fighter, 7 assassin rogue, 1 UA revised ranger. All the rogue goodies including evasion, 3 attacks per round from fighter, advantage on initiative and favored enemy from ranger, D10 battlemaster dice, 4d6 sneak attack with assassin goodies, plenty of skills (including expertise). It is certainly worth looking into.

Khrysaes
2017-04-27, 06:43 PM
maybe you want to check this thread about many ranged attacker possibilities:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?520309-Nova-Archer-Build

Jeez that class is strong.

1 level with Nomad as your choice, and you get so very many capabilities just by your psychic focus which is a bonus action.
First: 3 disciplines. 2nd, Nomad can after every long rest, pick 2 skills, 2 tools, or 2 languages, or some combination there of to know. Nomadic Mind discipline focus = The same thing but a bonus action. Nomadic Chameleon Focus: Always have advantage on stealth checks. And Nomadic Arrow: Never have disadvantage on ranged attacks. There is also 3rd eye, which can give you dark vision, however, there are other ways to get that.

For a 1 level dip, Mind meld is a great Talent, as a bonus action communicate with someone telepathically? Yes please. After second level, its not useful because you get telepathy anyways. OR, you can take the Telepathic Contact, and speak to 6 people at once.

I dont know how 4th level would work with multiclassing, especially if you aren't proficient in Wis checks. Because it basically says No longer be proficient in Wis, gain proficiency in str, con, dex, or Cha. if you dont need to be proficient, its basically a 4 level dip for telepathy, a 4 disciplines and 2 talents, 1st and 3rd level archetype feature, and Resilience.

2nd level telepathy. and for a dip, talents become much less useful now, especially on a rogue.
But for 1 level, it works incredibly well with rogue, especially the Nomad.

joaber
2017-04-27, 08:46 PM
Jeez that class is strong.

1 level with Nomad as your choice, and you get so very many capabilities just by your psychic focus which is a bonus action.
First: 3 disciplines. 2nd, Nomad can after every long rest, pick 2 skills, 2 tools, or 2 languages, or some combination there of to know. Nomadic Mind discipline focus = The same thing but a bonus action. Nomadic Chameleon Focus: Always have advantage on stealth checks. And Nomadic Arrow: Never have disadvantage on ranged attacks. There is also 3rd eye, which can give you dark vision, however, there are other ways to get that.

For a 1 level dip, Mind meld is a great Talent, as a bonus action communicate with someone telepathically? Yes please. After second level, its not useful because you get telepathy anyways. OR, you can take the Telepathic Contact, and speak to 6 people at once.

I dont know how 4th level would work with multiclassing, especially if you aren't proficient in Wis checks. Because it basically says No longer be proficient in Wis, gain proficiency in str, con, dex, or Cha. if you dont need to be proficient, its basically a 4 level dip for telepathy, a 4 disciplines and 2 talents, 1st and 3rd level archetype feature, and Resilience.

2nd level telepathy. and for a dip, talents become much less useful now, especially on a rogue.
But for 1 level, it works incredibly well with rogue, especially the Nomad.

Don't forget mastery of shadow that let you devil's sight + darkness for 1 pp, and conjure shadows for 3.
Nomadic arrow let you use reaction to reroll one missed attack for 2pp
Precognition is like bless for only you, but is bonus action and give you guidance too.
For just 1 lvl deep is a hard choice for disciplines.

For just 3 lvl as ranger I would go for revised beast master and get constrictor snake. Is at will restrainned and easily trigger your sneak attack and advantage every round.

Kane0
2017-04-27, 08:57 PM
If UA is on the table, is homebrew potentially as well?

Cause MFoV has some nice stuff, and I can't pass up an opportunity to point at my sig.

Khrysaes
2017-04-27, 11:14 PM
If UA is on the table, is homebrew potentially as well?

Cause MFoV has some nice stuff, and I can't pass up an opportunity to point at my sig.

it is not, other than minor changes to preexisting options in published or UA content put out by wizards. Like I may be able to get revised ranger's natural explorer on scout.

I am leaning towards 11 rogue, 6 fighter, 1 mystic, 2 warlock. I get everything I want from rogue and fighter, I really only want the 1 level dip for mystic, and I get the Raven familiar, Hex 2/short rest, a couple cantrips, and two invocations.

I may do 5 fighter 3 warlock, since I would get the boon, and a second level spell known. The problem is, I dont know which boon to take? I was thinking tome, with Devil's sight and at will Alter Self as the invocations, provided that the DM doesn't require the levels shown to be warlock levels. For spells I am thinking Minor Illusion, and eldritch blast, since with assassinate, it would be stronger, however I can't sneak attack with it, so... I might pick something else.... friends early?

If i take tome, I would probably pick up Guidance, Mage hand and Friends, especially since these would be at level 15 or so, if I get that high. Maybe thorn whip?

I am trying to determine the best order.

Rogue first level, and I would like 1 mystic and 1 warlock to be 2 and 3, especially the mystic, but the raven grant's darkvision, cantrips, and hex, all of which are useful. Then I could either get up to assassinate or the ASI for rogue, THEN go 5 fighter? or i could take Warlock 2 at level 6(after assassinate), or 7(after ASI), to get devil's sight and one with shadow(which could be useful while stealthing, I would take recommendations), then go 5 fighter. The biggest problem is that this will delay my ASI and Feats.

Where as, if i go 1 rogue, 5 fighter, then 3 rogue, I get to level 9 with 2 ASI. My extra attack and second ASI are 1 level behind, because of Rogue first level, but I get more skills.
This would delay the sheer versatility I would gain at low levels from Mystic 1, and Warlock 1 being taken early, my next ASI would be level 13 at the earliest, but likely level 15, level 16 warlock(netting me the invocations..) at which point 3 warlock isnt that great..., and i would finish up with 3 rogue and either 1 fighter and 1 warlock.

djreynolds
2017-04-28, 02:54 AM
Hunter's mark is very good, but pass without a trace is an hour. Its almost an auto pass on getting into position to ambush even versus enemy with very high passive perception scores.

So 5 levels of ranger may be a better investment for an assassin

Khrysaes
2017-04-28, 08:27 AM
Hunter's mark is very good, but pass without a trace is an hour. Its almost an auto pass on getting into position to ambush even versus enemy with very high passive perception scores.

So 5 levels of ranger may be a better investment for an assassin

Yeah, I was thinking about it.

what I was thinking about is that Scout Fighter gets 3 skills, natural explorer, and some limited combat maneuvers, and an extra ASI at 6th, compared to other classes, +2 dice at 7th for your maneuvers.

On the other hand,

If you go 5 Battle master Fighter, 2 Revised Ranger, with the spell less ranger in the Modifying Classes UA, since this only replaces the spell casting, no other feature. you get 2 less skills than scout, Natural explorer, favored enemy, a second fighting style, and 5 maneuvers known(same as 7 battle master), and gain +4 dice, which is 2 more than 7 battle master. if you take Ranger 3, you gain some minor healing with poultices, primeval awareness, and the ranger archetype. say... Deep stalker, for improved stealth vs dark vision, dark vision, and bonus capability on your first round in combat, with an extra attack.

You lose 2 spells know, one of which would be hunter's mark, and 2 spell slots/long rest. for 2 combat maneuvers and 4 dice per short rest. 1 more of each for the subclass. An option is to take ranger 4 or fighter 6 for that ASI.

I still don't know which order I want to take class levels. other than to start with Rogue. Ranger 1, Warlock 1/2, Mystic 1, are all useful at low levels. Fighter 1-5 is incredibly useful to have at low levels, and rogue 2-4 is as well.

if I do rogue 1-4, then fighter 1-5, I wouldn't delay any ASI, and rogues don't get extra attack, so it is comparable or better, though that means delaying the nice defenses of uncanny dodge and evasion, and a second expertise. I could then take mystic? or I could put mystic at level 2, to have that versatility through the first 10 levels. The same goes for ranger 1, and warlock 1. If I take them early, I delay my first asi by each level I take. I would be mostly okay holding off on ranger 2 or warlock 2, although warlock 2 would be nice at low levels, unless I am taking 3, I dont really want it until level 15 because i want alter self at will. But early cantrips/hex 1/short rest would be nice, as well as the raven(could be fluffed as an animal companion >.<) Ranger 1 gets the nice bonuses, like always having advantage on initiative.

If I do rogue 1, myst 1, ranger 1, warlock 1, rogue 2-4, fighter 1-5, first ASI is at 7, although 1 warlock is easily comparable or better than Magical Initiate. Rogues don't get extra attack normally, so I am not missing much by putting that off, although expertise and assassinate earlier could be nice, by taking the other classes i am focusing on versatility, rather than specialization. this will net me getting fighter 1-5 for levels 8-13, getting my second ASI at 11, (if we count warlock as an ASI equivalent, this number 3 but earlier.. if not, then...), and extra attack at 12, which is still better than the rogue in general, for number of attacks, but lagging far behind the classes that do get it. I think if I take ranger 2-4 then, getting my third ASI by 15. and as mentioned above, an improvement to the battle master fighter 7. I could take warlock 2, and maybe 3-4 then, getting invocations, particularly Alter self at will, extra cantrips/improved familiar, more spells, more invocations.. more than 2 warlock at level 16 may be unneeded. so the last 4 levels would be either rogue, warlock or ranger,? I could continue battle master too, get another 2 ASI, and some more superiority dice and maneuvers.

This is a far cry from where I started, and is multi-classed like crazy, but I like it.
I think this one is 4 rogue Assassin, 4 Spell-less Revised Ranger Deep Stalker, 1 Nomad Mystic, 8 Battle Master Fighter, and 3 Raven Queen Warlock with unknown pact. Probably tome, but maybe chain. If i give up warlock altogether, I get 11 fighter, which is second extra attack, although I wouldnt get the second attack until 20... so I think warlock would still be better.

Eldritch blast would be more useful now, especially with the lack of sneak attack.

I wont be doing a lot of sneak attack damage, but I would have plenty of battle field control, scouting capability, and out of combat versatility. it also fits decently with my concept. I was thinking of a Lightfoot Halfling, with one parent being a ghostwise halfling. Unlocked and practiced their ghostwise telepathy, allowing for mystic, used that telepathy to tame a raven as he explores the wilderness. with the rest being all martial practice, especially his ambushing.

Also, with a standard spread of 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8. If I put 14 dex, 15 con, 12/13 in wis/cha, either way, and 10 int, 8 str, then so long as my race has a +1 to cha or wis, as and option(and 15 into dex if human), I meet all the requirements for multi classing, since none is specified for mystic. I think I would prefer to up Cha to 14 over wis, in fact, if i didn't need wis, I would do 12 wis, 13 cha, and lightfoots get +2 dex and +1 cha.

I am sorry my posts are rants. I think as I write, and my thought process is not easily organized.

djreynolds
2017-04-29, 03:06 AM
A sniper needs one shot

Precision, bless, advantage, maxed dex are all ways to increase the likelihood of landing that shot.

Battlemaster, scout, monster hunter, spell-less ranger all give precision

So really 17 rogue/ 3 something else looks good and you still get death strike

Scout is good because you can also add those SD to your skills.. such as stealth

joaber
2017-04-29, 02:28 PM
The problem with multiclass in mystic and warlock and ranger is that you need cha, wis and int 13, and con and dex. When you see all UA options for range build, you really want all, but you can't have it. Be careful at too much multiclass at early levels, this may delay your progression. Some builds don't work when you start at level 1, because they will only be "on" at lvl 10+

To make you even more confuse, you looked at feats for skill and deats for race? Elf precision is incredible and stealthy can give you expertise in stealth

Khrysaes
2017-04-30, 08:41 AM
I decided on Fighter 6, Spell less Revised Ranger 2, Rogue 8, and the last 4 levels going to either;
1 ranger 1 mystic, 2 rogue;
1 Ranger 1 mystic 2 Fighter;
2 Ranger 2 Fighter;
2 Rogue 2 Fighter;
2 ranger 2 rogue;
or 4 rogue.

If my DM lets me multiclass into it, Mystic would be taken at level 9, pushing back the levels below by 1, delaying my 3rd ASI until 13. 4 at 18, and 5 at 20.

Take Fighter 1-5, then take Revised Ranged 1-2, Fighter 6, Rogue 1-4, Maybe Ranger 3(we'll see), if so then rogue 5-6, ranger 4, Rogue 7-8, fighter 7-8

if not taking ranger 3 and 4, then rogue 5-10 or 12(although reliable talent would be at level 19, so not seeing much use).

Battle Master Fighter

Rogue, with either Arcane Trickster, because it is more versatile, and I can still get the pet, it also grants more capability at those higher levels I am taking it, or Assassin if I feel like having that big first round capability, but this is more limited in use. I could take swashbuckler and focus on Melee instead, it would still be a viable option, But I am still thinking Ranged, I could Also

Spell less Revised Ranger Either Deepstalker for darkvision if i dont have it, and big alpha strike, or Monster Slayer, for consistant damage and a reason to know things about monsters. not applying meta knowledge, not quite as good as Hunter/Colossus for damage, does work when they are at full HP though.

I will be equal to a fighter at levels 1-5, ranger 1-2 in place of 6 & 7, with the spell less revised version, is better in my opinion, than another ASI and Know thy enemies, since I get the same 2 maneuvers, 4 dice instead of one, a second fighting style,(which will be close quarters shooter & archery), Natural explorer, and favored enemy. I do lose out on hunter's mark, but thats fine.

So by level 8, comparable to a level 8 fighter, with a few more features.

Then, since I am not taking fighter to 11, and after 11 i think the fighter drops off, I think taking rogue is a significant increase to the characters abilities overall. I get uncanny dodge and evasion, around the time a ranger does, and I get both instead of just one. I get cunning action, a little after they get dash, but before they get hide as bonus actions, rangers dont get disengage. Sneak attack of course. And expertise, which neither fighter or ranger get.

Arcane trickster gets cantrips, which a ranger doesn't get, although this is late, a battlemaster(which I am effectively until level 11), doesn't get any. I also get find Familiar, and Disguise self as 1st level spells. And eventually Invisibility and some other second level spell. Not taking ranger 3-4 or fighter 7-8 will get more spells without the loss in ASI. Or I can take fighter 7 and 8, and get 2 more maneuvers known and 1 more dice, though I dont think that will be that useful so late, considering I will have 5/8.

I do lose 1 skill, not taking the Rogue at level 1, which I could do, but I would push back extra attack and the first ASI, although the other ones could be at the same levels.

This combination gets me 5-6 ASI. Depending if I take mystic or not.

I planned on going Tabaxi with a longbow, and a rapier/shield, since I will be capable of melee, even if I focus on range.

ASI I was going to max dex, Get sharpshooter, and Lucky. Dont know for last 1(2).

I could go another race, Maybe Wood Elf, or V Human. If I dont take a dark vision race, I would want ranger 3 pretty early, since it grants it.