PDA

View Full Version : combat style.

RAGE KING!
2007-07-31, 08:12 AM
I want to run a new style of hit points. Everyone has similiar hp. 3 blows from a greataxe will kill you. Armour has its own hit points, that must be defeated first, then you get dealt damage. Certain magical items provide hit points. You can specifically target parts of your opponents body, but its more difficult. this means you can target more vulnerable or more vital areas. having certain body parts damaged means you cant do certain things. Heroic people can do certain things with damaged body parts, that most people cant. For now i'm going with 20d2.1 hp. You can roll that here. (http://www.costik.com/frpdice.html) you get minor hit points with level increases, and feats like toughness still apply.

- i think i forgot some stuff but i cant remember it.

blue_fenix
2007-07-31, 11:53 AM
Sounds pretty complicated. I believe there are some RPG's out there that do things like that. GURPS may or may not have some of what you're looking for, I'm not sure. Take a look at the Unearthed Arcana rules for armor as damage reduction instead of AC, massive damage rules, etc. Also, remember that if you change the hitpoint rules you have to change every monster and enemy your players ever face to keep the game balanced.