PDA

View Full Version : Plot evasion

noob
2017-04-27, 03:22 PM
I remember seeing a paladin spell for evading plot but I forgot if it was homebrew or not.
It worked the following way: you cast it and you are teleported to a place where innocent people/monsters are attacked by monsters/people.
I remember how I loved the fact that T1 classes were not the only one with plot evasion with that spell.
(on the other hand only T1 classes have the powers: disintegrate plot,setting to toad,unmake rail)

Uncle Pine
2017-04-27, 03:26 PM
Door to Great Evil, 4th level Paladin or Archivist spell from Ghostwalk.

noob
2017-04-27, 03:45 PM
Cool now I can just ask the team archivist(or paladin if we got one) to evade the plot in one action(and one spell slot)
We just need to hop into the paladin or archivist backpack and we escape.
It is so much simpler than casting silent image.

Bad Wolf
2017-04-27, 03:49 PM
Door to Great Evil, 4th level Paladin or Archivist spell from Ghostwalk.

Dayum. All aboard the XP train.

Gildedragon
2017-04-27, 03:51 PM
Heh.
"After a flash of light you reappear in the same room"

noob
2017-04-27, 03:51 PM
Dayum. All aboard the XP train.

Exactly: you get all the xp with none of the plot.

"After a flash of light you reappear in the same room"
How are you two levels lower than yourself?

Malimar
2017-04-27, 04:09 PM
Spell for evading plot? You mean spell for finding plot?

Crake
2017-04-27, 05:08 PM
Spell for evading plot? You mean spell for finding plot?

Well, i suspect they more mean evading the current plot, because most likely the evil will be due to some unrelated thing. Remember it's also only one target, either yourself or another willing paladin, and it's just the nearest <= level-2 evil encounter, and guarantees you nothing at all to do with your current quest. It's basically the high level version of riding around on your mount searching the countryside for evil that needs to be scoured.