PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ways to get Permanent or Semi-Permanent Desecrate effects?

Coidzor
2017-04-27, 04:46 PM
So I'm going to be playing Dungeon Keeper here soon in a Way of the Wicked game (Chapter 2), and as part of that, I'm going to be making a lot of undead. Ideally I'd always be doing this within a Desecrate and by or on an altar to my Dark God of choice.

However, Desecrate only lasts for a few hours per level, and I'm going to be making undead over the course of many days, somewhere between an entire week straight or possibly even a month straight, and the cost of all those Desecrates will add up, especially over time as I get new corpses to make into undead and so on.

Since I anticipate that I'll probably need to cast it more than 50 times over the course of the campaign, a 1/day Command Word Item would run me about 2330 gp to craft if a vial =/= a flask or 3580 gp if vial = flask (or even 2486 gp if a vial is 2 ounces and you divide 1 pint's 25 gp value by 8).

IIRC, there's a Ring of Lesser Desecrate floating around from 3.5 that I might be able to get grandfathered in, but I can't recall the details or price.

Any other options that come to mind or that I should investigate?

An Occult Ritual that might be appropriate? Some other, non-occult ritual that would give me a Desecrate effect either permanently in some shrine as part of making it (un)holy ground for my dark faith?

There are currently 3 rituals I still need to decipher and a potential cache of death cult goodies to find and make use of, so there's a few avenues I still have to explore in-game, but I want to have a clearer idea of my options in case those avenues don't pan out as I hope.

Currently we've just hit 7th level and will probably be actively overseeing our new dungeon project for another 2-3 levels.

Gildedragon
2017-04-27, 05:07 PM
There's some Wondrous Architecture that does that. And in BoED there's a statue that radiates a permanent Hallow effect. An item that radiates Dessecrate would not be beyond the pale then

icefractal
2017-04-27, 05:08 PM
Is 3.5 content on the table? Because if so, Spellstitch one of your permanent undead with Desecrate and you should be set.

Castilonium
2017-04-27, 09:26 PM
Get a Voidstick (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/voidstick/), desecrate at will for only 2500 gp. 1250 if you craft it yourself.

Coidzor
2017-04-29, 01:53 AM
Get a Voidstick (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/voidstick/), desecrate at will for only 2500 gp. 1250 if you craft it yourself.

How could I have forgotten about Voidsticks! :smallredface:

Thank you very much for the reminder. That'll take care of things nicely. And I can always take some 1-HD person and turn him into a Voidstick Zombie at some point, for extra fun.

Sayt
2017-04-29, 05:48 AM
Alternatively, find yourself a pet Graveknight (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/graveknight-cr-2/)