PDA

View Full Version : Is this unreasonable?

NecroDancer
2017-04-27, 09:32 PM
To be a bladepact warlock with the fey patron and expect to get a vorpal blade?

(This is a joke thread)

Sigreid
2017-04-27, 09:49 PM
You shouldn't aim so low. Clearly your pact weapon should be a Vorpal Flametongue of Dragon Slaying.

Kane0
2017-04-27, 09:52 PM
Actually, for your pact the best choice would be the Pixie Lance.

Malifice
2017-04-27, 10:14 PM
You shouldn't aim so low. Clearly your pact weapon should be a Vorpal Flametongue of Dragon Slaying.

I prefer the defending version of that weapon. You know, the vicious frostbrand one that slays giants.

NecroDancer
2017-04-27, 10:19 PM
I prefer the defending version of that weapon. You know, the vicious frostbrand one that slays giants.

But will it be enough to take out the jubjub bird and the frumious bandersnatch?

(Also I want to be able to save an attunmenf slot for boots of galumphing)

RedMage125
2017-04-27, 10:35 PM
But will it be enough to take out the jubjub bird and the frumious bandersnatch?

As long as you get the manxome bane, and spend at least one hour in uffish thought, those should be no problem. Have a means of casting Silence, though, because if a monster burbles, then the manxome bane ability is suppressed.

Malifice
2017-04-27, 10:37 PM

For some reason this just gave me a cool idea.

Magic items that come in threes. Attuning to the set, unlocks additional powers.

So you could have like a Dragon helm that has properties (X).

Attuning to that, the Dragon Scale armor, and the Dragon slaying sword unlocks (additional properties Y).

Gastronomie
2017-04-27, 11:24 PM
For some reason this just gave me a cool idea.

Magic items that come in threes. Attuning to the set, unlocks additional powers.

So you could have like a Dragon helm that has properties (X).

Attuning to that, the Dragon Scale armor, and the Dragon slaying sword unlocks (additional properties Y).Yeah, and attuning to all of them will give the Dragon slaying sword the "sentient" property, its objective to slay every single dragon - or anything that even remotely resembles a dragon - in the world.

Starting with anyone wearing dragon scale armor.

Malifice
2017-04-28, 12:03 AM
Yeah, and attuning to all of them will give the Dragon slaying sword the "sentient" property, its objective to slay every single dragon - or anything that even remotely resembles a dragon - in the world.

Starting with anyone wearing dragon scale armor.

The maker of those items got a bad review on Amazon:

User: (one star) These items suck! You finally track all three down and they make you whack yourself! DO NOT BUY!

Kane0
2017-04-28, 12:20 AM
Said customer never left any reviews after that because the next thing he bought was the Head of Vecna.

Malifice
2017-04-28, 12:43 AM
Said customer never left any reviews after that because the next thing he bought was the Head of Vecna.

Heh.

I was considering introducing the Genitals of Vecna in my home game just to see if anyone bought in.

Gastronomie
2017-04-28, 12:50 AM
Heh.

I was considering introducing the Genitals of Vecna in my home game just to see if anyone bought in.Not when it's so shriveled and old.

Malifice
2017-04-28, 01:42 AM
Not when it's so shriveled and old.

I just want to see who will neuter themselves in a rush to try and attach a zombie penis.

Malifice
2017-04-28, 01:44 AM
This is why Vecna likes to keep secrets.

Kas didnt just cut off his eye and hand.

Vecnas whole 'secrets' thing is just an excuse for him trying to cover up the true extent of his injuries, and the fact Kas made him a eunuch.

manyslayer
2017-04-28, 11:55 AM
I have certainly never brought up the sphincter of Vecna in my games.:smallcool:

Malifice
2017-04-28, 12:16 PM
I have certainly never brought up the sphincter of Vecna in my games.:smallcool:

(Its really just a piece of beef jerky.)