PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Sorcerous Origin: Arcane Incarnate

Dralnu
2017-04-28, 02:33 PM
Arcane Incarnate PDF (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pdYIcfHauwUy01VmZnMEkxRkk/view?usp=sharing)

This subclass is based off Amechra's Raw Arcana subclass (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?518998-Raw-Arcana-Sorceror-Archetype), which I'm a huge fan of. However, I felt the subclass was too weak for my tastes when compared alongside the Draconic subclass, so I made changes and bumped up the overall power to something I hope ends up being equal to (not over or under) the Draconic option.

The Arcane Incarnate's niche is that it helps the Sorcerer be better at Sorcerer'ing. Instead of introducing brand new abilities, it enhances what the base Sorcerer already gets, making those base abilities better.

ARCANE INCARNATE
Your innate magic comes from the raw arcane magic that weaves through the entire multiverse. You might have endured exposure to some form of raw magic, perhaps through an arcane spell of epic porportions. Perhaps you are descended from a creature who had arcane magic flowing in their veins, such as a dragon, djinn, or even a deity of arcane magic. Whatever the cause, one thing is certain: you wield arcane magic as effortlessly as breathing.

EFFORTLESS ARCANA
At 1st level, whenever you cast a cantrip, you may do so without any somatic or verbal components.

EXPANDED KNOWLEDGE
At 1st level, you add a spell of your choice from the wizard spell list to your known spells. A spell you choose must be of a level you can cast, as shown on the Sorcerer table, or a cantrip. This spell does not count against the number of spells you know, and is considered to be a sorcerer spell for you.
You learn an additional wizard spell at 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th levels.

ARCANE WEAVER
Starting at 6th level, whenever you sacrifice a spell slot for spell points, you gain an additional sorcery point. Additionally, you gain one Metamagic option of your choice.

INCARNATE'S REBUTTAL
Starting at 14th level, whenever a spell that targets you misses or you succeed on your saving throw against the spell, you may use your reaction to immediately cast that spell by spending a number of sorcery points equal to that spell's level.

ARCANE MASTER
At 18th level, you can use two Metamagic options on a spell when you cast it.