PDA

View Full Version : Troll Blooded or Poison Healer?

SangoProduction
2017-04-28, 02:46 PM
So, let's say you require both Toughness and Great Fortitude for something that's worth it in the character's eyes, and you want to be able to heal out of combat with as little pain as possible.

So, which one do you take? Troll Blooded, which makes you fatigued in sunlight (arguably you can negate this with a Parasol from Sandstorm), or Poison Healing which requires...well...poison, but is also relatively fast.

Cheap ale counts as poison, meaning maybe 1 sp per (Con Mod) of healing, which means this healing can scale up, and is much cheaper (and faster) than Lesser Vigor. It does mean it's not *strictly* free (even if it's so cheap is may as well me), but having a use for the poison berries these half wits pick up when foraging would be nice.

But, Troll Blooded grants Regeneration, which means you don't die from a massive hit, you are just put on the floor. Which, with LA 2, at ECL 3, seems like a pretty good idea, even if you're like me and your Con is 22.

ATHATH
2017-04-28, 03:00 PM
Definitely Troll-Blooded. Regeneration is really good.

Crake
2017-04-28, 04:25 PM
Fatigue can easily be negated down the line by something like boots of the long road or something similar, so troll blooded is the definite better choice

SangoProduction
2017-04-28, 05:28 PM
Fatigue can easily be negated down the line by something like boots of the long road or something similar, so troll blooded is the definite better choice

In what book can that be found? search gives nothing

Necroticplague
2017-04-28, 10:08 PM

I don't know about those, but Armor of the Unending Hunt, Breath of the Waves graft, or the Tireless feat can all render you immune to fatigue.

atemu1234
2017-04-28, 10:44 PM

All I can find is the WoW item.

Shalist
2017-04-28, 11:28 PM
Boots of the Unending Journey (MIC 79; 4000g). A relic item (Requirements: worship Fharlanghn, 7 HD and the 'true believer' feat). They give a +10' (enhancement) bonus to all speeds, a continuous pass without trace effect, and an immunity to the effects of fatigue and exhaustion.

The Viscount
2017-04-29, 02:56 PM
It's not the clearest victory for the important reason that regeneration does nothing if you got hit with fire or acid damage, and fire is very common.

Poison Healer doesn't need to use money at all, that's the basis of the Trouserfang Dwarf. Viper is on both the familiar and animal companion list. That being said to make it fully functional you'd want a bit more investment and Naberius.