PDA

View Full Version : Need items for upcoming PbP

danielxcutter
2017-04-28, 09:08 PM
We start at ECL 5, so the budget is 9000 gp.

This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?523043-3-5-Elder-Evil-Game) is the recruiting thread. If you just want to know what sources are allowed, the answer is

All 3.5e 1st party, 3.0 Kingdoms of Kalamar Player's Handbook (with permission), Book of Erotic Fantasy (non-sexual content only [kundala is fine, we will just ignore the sexual part]), Advanced Bestiary, Dragon Magazine content if I have access to it.

so go nuts.

Here's (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1191200) my character sheet. Ignore the items, as I will change this according to input. I have little intention of changing most of my feat, stat, or power choices, though. I'm a Human Fighter/Nomad, if you don't want to look.

And here's a few caveats.

Non negotiable: +1 deep crystal greatsword, because deep crystal weapons are awesome for psionic gishes and I don't want to bet on the odds of getting one in a magic mart or as loot. +1 padding, because while I get a much better AC from Inertial Armor, there are some potentially useful armor enhancements that could help, such as Manifester, Soulfire, or Fortification. And while maybe not magic, a bow or other ranged weapon, just in case.

Negotiable: What else to take along. There's not much wiggle room left after the above stuff, but I could certainly skip Everlasting Rations and Everfull Mug, as I have max ranks in Survival. Both mundane and magic items are welcome.

Don't: Use cheese. Or Aboleth Slime. Also nothing that would compromise my alignment.

Vizzerdrix
2017-04-28, 09:38 PM
You need shapesand.

And that reminds me I have to write about shapesand.

danielxcutter
2017-04-28, 09:44 PM
You need shapesand.

And that reminds me I have to write about shapesand.

Which probably violates caveat 3-a: No cheese. I've heard that Shapesand in and of itself is Tier 2.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-04-28, 09:54 PM
Which probably violates caveat 3-a: No cheese. I've heard that Shapesand in and of itself is Tier 2.
Only if you buy the RAW-stupid, "it can totally make machine guns and magic items!" argument. If you stick to mundane tools and such, it's still useful but unlikely to break the game.

Vizzerdrix
2017-04-28, 09:54 PM

My goal is to prove it is tier 1 or higher.

danielxcutter
2017-04-28, 10:01 PM
Only if you buy the RAW-stupid, "it can totally make machine guns and magic items!" argument. If you stick to mundane tools and such, it's still useful but unlikely to break the game.

Yes, true, but it still has tons of applications, none of which are desirable when - not if - an enemy wrasts control from me and shoves it up several unpleasant orfices of mine. Remember, I only have 13 Wis.

Then again, I could always hand control of it to the party divine caster. And it's not like I'm really going to use it in combat that much.

Good luck with that.

Darrin
2017-04-28, 10:07 PM

Give me a ping when you write something up. I am intrigued.

(I came up with poison, gatling gun, antimatter rifle, and F-16... not sure how I'd get to Tier 1. I was thinking Chaos Flask is more of a Tier 1 kinda thing.)

Ok, so... deep crystal +1 greatsword, I guess that takes 3350 GP off the top of 9K? So 5650 GP remaining?

I guess I'd start with a +1 darkleaf chain shirt, maybe a +1 dwarven buckler axe with a Lesser Crystal of Arrow Deflection. But that doesn't leave much for magic items.

Vizzerdrix
2017-04-28, 10:14 PM
A healing belt or two and an anklet of translocation are handy to have around and not too expensive.

danielxcutter
2017-04-28, 10:15 PM
Ok, so... deep crystal +1 greatsword, I guess that takes 3350 GP off the top of 9K? So 5650 GP remaining?

I guess I'd start with a +1 darkleaf chain shirt, maybe a +1 dwarven buckler axe with a Lesser Crystal of Arrow Deflection. But that doesn't leave much for magic items.

Hmm, I'd forgotten about trading tower shield proficiency! Maybe a Gnome Battle Cloak would be of use?

Also, I don't really intend on investing heavily in the type of armor, since as I said, it's there for future armor enhancements. So a +1 padded armor is fine, unless you've got anything cheaper.

I'm not sure if I'll need a magic backup weapon. An ordinary morningstar could be enough for right now.

I'd really like to take a longbow as well, even if it's not magic. I can't afford to waste power points on Energy Ray that much.